Tiger Song

tig_prmz

Hey do we have a song or a chant or something. I was at game at Leichardt and all we did was TIGERS, TIGERRS, TIGERS. Do we have a song? I really want to know the song and set it as my ringtone. Links please!!!

What is the song they used to play…
Here come the Tigers in the black and gold, da da dada...... .... ...

The wests tigers version of eye of the tiger sounded great on Sunday - and I love hearing it pumping out of cars as they drive past. I think we should stick with that.

were the wests tigers its the thrill of the fight!

was still playing after kickoff :smiley:

What song do the boys sing in the sheds after a win?

I'm sure I've seen it on TV a few times, but never heard the audio.

@coop said:
Bring back Glory Boys..

yeah this one http://www.westsmagpies.net/home/files/glory_boys.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@Tiger Si said:
What is the song they used to play…
Here come the Tigers in the black and gold, da da dada...... .... ...

That was the Balmain song. The Toreador's Song or something like that by Bizet. One of the all time great RL songs.

@galahs said:
@coop said:
Bring back Glory Boys..

yeah this one http://www.westsmagpies.net/home/files/glory_boys.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's the one, thanks for the link, brings back memories…

dont know if this is the right place to bring this up but…

ive only been to a handful of nrl matches up in qld (suncorp, skilled) and nearly all are dead quiet. The music shuts down and theres a dull murmer with the occassional "cmon bulldogs!!!!!!" OR "cmon ref!!!!!" etc . Now i assume its completely different at leichardt? even a mexican wave struggled (after many attempts) to get going. are the nrl fans a bunch of sourpusses or is it just brisbanites?

why is this?

i mentioned this last year after i went to a sydney fc v gold coast match and the place was going off. it only had about 12000 ppl compared to the 44000 we had at the double header at suncorp recently. but the fans were non stop cheering, singing(club and player songs), chanting, heckling,

again ive only been to a handful of games in qld, is it like this at anz or sfs?

let me know :slight_smile: cos the brisbane v tigers game should be crazy with tigers fans going off non stop!!!

I'd much rather be entertained by the footy rather than supplying the entertainment via singing or mexican waves…

@Juro said:
I'd much rather be entertained by the footy rather than supplying the entertainment via singing or mexican waves…

thats not what im trying to say, if you were happy just watching entertaining footy you can just watch it on the tv?

if the tigers run out on to a field and hear their own fans cheering and singing especially if its louder than the home fans its gotta lift them to a higher level of playing. were you not watching the leichardt game the place was screaming tiger spirit and the players knew that. when they scored a try they ran over to the fans because they knew how much they help to win a game.

Mate if you had been at Leichhardt on Sunday I think it would answer your question. I think singing chants are more a soccer tradition though.

@thylacine said:
Mate if you had been at Leichhardt on Sunday I think it would answer your question. I think singing chants are more a soccer tradition though.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. When I'm watching and being entertained, I'll be yelling my head off (at the appropriate times). I won't be singing or dancing though!

i can understand that, i suppose i was just dissapointed at how damn quiet suncorp was. Oh well looking forward to cheering the boys when they take on the broncos soon!

might even do a little dance every time they score :wink:

Come on - we have some good chants "Bulls******" was on the menu.
I do miss "lollylegs" though, where did those funny blokes go????
I think the music at Leichhardt is great - Cold Chisel, AC/DC and Eye of the Tiger - singing along like an old rocker.
I just don't like the cheergirls.

i propose we all join in on the oki choki song this friday
followed by a beau ryan inspired "ben creaghs a cat, nothing but a cat, noooothing but a cat!"

tigers, tigers, tigers are we
tigers will always be'e'
our forwards are strong
our backs are even stronger
you should see our dicks
they are even longerrrrrrr

Back