Top 5 Most Hated Wests Tiger Coach or Player

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
1\. Ivan Cleary
**<big>2\. Nathan Cleary ( according to Brent Read)</big>**
3\. Beau Ryan
4\. Braith Anasta
5\. Shannon McDonnell (only graded because of his dad)

Dishonourable mentions:
1\. Hopoate
2\. Lamb

What did i miss here?

Brent Read stated a few weeks ago that Nathan Cleary would play for Tigers. A bit of poetic license from me!

Oh ok lol, all good.

@ said:
1\. Ivan Cleary - what a dodgy man with no integrity. Talked about being on the bus, being here for the long run and sold the dream to the players. Only to turn around and stab us in the back the first chance he got. Make no mistake if he didn’t legally have to be here he would have left before the season even ended.

2\. Anasta - the worst buy in our history. Took our money and gave us nothing back. Then has the nerve to put the tigers down any chance he gets.

3\. Moses - players come and go, but the way he went about it was disgusting. I reckon he purposely threw at least 2 games to get his way.

4\. JT - don’t hate the bloke but he couldn’t coach, couldn’t manage players and couldn’t pick players. Cost us any chance of re signing Tedesco, woods or Moses. Cost us ado Carr by continuing to play rankin. Ran this place to the ground.

5\. Woods- was captain and carried on like a pork chop. Again players come and go but as captain just set such a bad example.

Seriously.
You say JT cost us the chance to re-sign Tedesco, Woods and Moses but have the latter two as your most hated? How does that work??
We were never going to keep Teddy. He was bound for better things than languishing here not winning for less money.
JT did the right thing. We are better off without the other two you hate.

@ said:
@ said:
1\. Ivan Cleary - what a dodgy man with no integrity. Talked about being on the bus, being here for the long run and sold the dream to the players. Only to turn around and stab us in the back the first chance he got. Make no mistake if he didn’t legally have to be here he would have left before the season even ended.

2\. Anasta - the worst buy in our history. Took our money and gave us nothing back. Then has the nerve to put the tigers down any chance he gets.

3\. Moses - players come and go, but the way he went about it was disgusting. I reckon he purposely threw at least 2 games to get his way.

4\. JT - don’t hate the bloke but he couldn’t coach, couldn’t manage players and couldn’t pick players. Cost us any chance of re signing Tedesco, woods or Moses. Cost us ado Carr by continuing to play rankin. Ran this place to the ground.

5\. Woods- was captain and carried on like a pork chop. Again players come and go but as captain just set such a bad example.

Seriously.
You say JT cost us the chance to re-sign Tedesco, Woods and Moses but have the latter two as your most hated? How does that work??
We were never going to keep Teddy. He was bound for better things than languishing here not winning for less money.

The 3 of them were gone regardless. If JT was the reason they left, they would have signed straight away once Cleary took over. All we heard before Taylor was sacked was that he needed to go for us to re-sign them. Well, he did go and it still didn’t matter. Besides, Cleary didn’t want Moses anyway, he pulled his contract offer. So wouldn’t Cleary be the reason we lost Moses?

Loke you said, Tedesco was gone already, he already left us once don’t forget. And Woods suddenly thought he was bigger than the club. Claimed in the same interview that all he wanted to do was play football, then turned around said he was never consulted about anything that went on. Sounds like a board issue.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Seriously.

The 3 of them were gone regardless. If JT was the reason they left, they would have signed straight away once Cleary took over. All we heard before Taylor was sacked was that he needed to go for us to re-sign them. Well, he did go and it still didn’t matter. Besides, Cleary didn’t want Moses anyway, he pulled his contract offer. So wouldn’t Cleary be the reason we lost Moses?

Loke you said, Tedesco was gone already, he already left us once don’t forget. And Woods suddenly thought he was bigger than the club. Claimed in the same interview that all he wanted to do was play football, then turned around said he was never consulted about anything that went on. Sounds like a board issue.

Agreed with you 100%
Just a weird contradiction and misguided. I don't see what JT did wrong besides lacking a personality.
Cleary has had way less distractions and didn't perform any better with a squad he wanted.

@ said:
@ said:

Seriously.

Seriously.
I didn’t know I had to justify my top 5 choices to you. Tell me oh wise one how should I order my top 5 to make you happy.

The biggest mistake was keeping JT that pre season and then we lose 5/6 or something like that, by then it’s too late. If we had a new coach and got off to a winning start I believe they would have stuck together and all stayed. But that’s history.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Seriously.

Agreed with you 100%
Just a weird contradiction and misguided. I don't see what JT did wrong besides lacking a personality.
Cleary has had way less distractions and didn't perform any better with a squad he wanted.

You right JT did nothing wrong. Just couldn’t coach, pick a team or manage players. Besides that he was actually pretty good.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Seriously.

Seriously.
I didn’t know I had to justify my top 5 choices to you. Tell me oh wise one how should I order my top 5 to make you happy.

**The biggest mistake was keeping JT that pre season and then we lose 5/6 or something like that**, by then it’s too late. If we had a new coach and got off to a winning start I believe they would have stuck together and all stayed. But that’s history.

Quite the revisionist you are. We did not "lose 5/6 or something like that" before acting on the coaching position, it was after round 3 when we were one win and 2 losses. The club acted early, but it still didn't matter, Woods and Tedesco were gone regardless. Moses, doesn't matter cos Cleary punted him anyway.

@ said:

Is cleary leaving? sorry i haven't been keeping abreast of news lately

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Seriously.

Seriously.

The biggest mistake was keeping JT that pre season and then we lose 5/6 or something like that, by then it’s too late. If we had a new coach and got off to a winning start I believe they would have stuck together and all stayed. But that’s history.

You dont have to justify anything.
Your post spoke for itself.
Misguided hate for JT for letting players go that you hate anyway.
Don't you see the conflict?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Seriously.

Seriously.

relax fellas…its just a random top 5 list

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Seriously.

Seriously.

relax fellas…its just a random top 5 list

Wait didn’t you get the memo, you have to get matchballs approval on your top 5 list lol. I’m pretty sure that’s called trolling or are you in the boys club too matchball lol.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Seriously.

Seriously.

Again don’t need to justify my list to you or why I have certain people in it. What conflict? I can hate the way woods and Moses left and bagged this club. If they had of stayed why would I hate them lol. If we had of gotten rid of JT earlier we would have retained them. That’s my opinion. Is that okay with you or are you the opinion police aswell. I thought that was insaneinks job.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Seriously.

Seriously.

**The biggest mistake was keeping JT that pre season and then we lose 5/6 or something like that**, by then it’s too late. If we had a new coach and got off to a winning start I believe they would have stuck together and all stayed. But that’s history.

Quite the revisionist you are. We did not "lose 5/6 or something like that" before acting on the coaching position, it was after round 3 when we were one win and 2 losses. The club acted early, but it still didn't matter, Woods and Tedesco were gone regardless. Moses, doesn't matter cos Cleary punted him anyway.

Sorry 2/3 that changes everything. The club acting early would be the club getting rid of JT in the pre season not after a full pre season and 3 games in.

I came to debate like an adult. Too bad the kids can't play nice.
I won't lower myself to their level. Carry on.

@ said:
@ said:
Ive got Wayne Pearce number one. Massive Balmain fan but Junior set us on the road to ruin. He had a huge salary cap and blew it on morons like Terry Hill. Whats more he had no coaching skill.

Good call.

I know someone who played under him in origin who said he couldn't coach.

That's an interesting one. Of all the coaches Wests and Balmain have had, that arguably weren't terrific coaches either, Wayne Pearce is the number one? Not Alan Jones, Jason Taylor, Terry Lamb?

Sure Junior oversaw the first season, but it all went to hell in 2001 with Terry Lamb in charge. 2000 was a reasonably respectable season, just 2 points off the Top 8, including 2 draws in the years before Golden Point, a few key injuries and some stand-out losses like the 31-8 capitulation to Penrith.

And Junior didn't have a sole hand in the spending for 2000, there were the newly joined boards - that spent the next 10 years in-fighting - and the CEO Martin Bullock. Also a fairly average combination roster if I do say, not like St George who already had a decent side and picked up some Steelers champions. Tough one when you get two teams with no money, give them a pile of coin and say "spend it very wisely".

@ said:
I came to debate like an adult. Too bad the kids can't play nice.
I won't lower myself to their level. Carry on.

You came to debate like an adult. Your first sentence had one word, it was Seriously. Then you thought it was a weird contradiction and misguided. Once again it’s my top 5, didn’t see you debating anybody else’s top 5\. You’ve already lowered yourself by playing the man not the ball. Now go away and take that sniffing chump that follows me around with you.

I dont hate these blokes, but the dislike is quite high.
Moses - for dogging it and Moltzen to an extent, the way he would rip into team mates for stuffing up and then dog it himself….running kick returns across field to let his winger do his hard yards and putting our sets under pressure from the get go..pea heart, but then would pull off the most courageous head on tackle on his line on a rampaging JWH or similar

Ivan cleary #1

Nathan now gets painted with the same brush.

Back