Top Ten Moments moment of drama by:PHIL ROTHFIELD

Eye_Of_Wests_Tigers

Despite all the off-field dramas, the NRL has thrown up some of the most spectacular football we’ve seen for years in the 2009 premiership.

Here’s my 10 greatest moments of drama – all from on-field action.

**1\. Benji Marshall’s perfect 10 game against Newcastle at Campbelltown. The Tigers were down 24-10 in the second half but won 26-24**
2\. Brett White v Steve Price in Origin III
3\. Brett Kimmorley’s try-saving cover tackle on Greg Inglis in Origin III
4\. The Jarryd Hayne disallowed try in Origin I
5\. Hazem El Masri breaking the all time points scoring record, surpassing Andrew Johns’ tally of 2176 points.
6\. Nathan Merritt’s field goal at the SCG to beat the Tigers 23-22 on the bell in round 10
7\. The Bulldogs getting robbed 18-20 at Kogarah in round 10 when video referee Steve Clark ruled an obstruction play in the final minute.
8\. The Wolfman David Williams’ try saving tackle on Lachlan Coote in round 14, when he was beaten once, but recovered to make unbelievable tackle.
9\. Blake Ferguson’s miraculous try against the Broncos when his entire body was over the sideline.
10\. Mad Dog Macdougall v Big Dell at Kogorah Oval. The pre-match sledging was gold.

And usually hes bagging our team out! IMO i didnt think it was that special but good to see us Number 1!

Just proves what a goose this guy is. No way Marshalls game against Newcastle was a perfect 10\. He made some bad errors in the first half. His game against the Roosters was closer to a 10

@king sirro said:
Just proves what a goose this guy is. No way Marshalls game against Newcastle was a perfect 10\. He made some bad errors in the first half. His game against the Roosters was closer to a 10

:laughing: Rothfield obviously doesn't watch the games….. :laughing: We were down 24 - 10 largely because of Benji...... :arrow_right: Rothfield GOOSE of the Year......

Didn't Rothfield try and tell Sheens how he should coach the side? I mean, I'm not the biggest fan of Sheens, but if was to take advice from that dribbler, we would be in a lot of trouble.

Benji kicked out on the full 3 times in a row in the first half! :laughing:

@Bashir said:
Benji kicked out on the full 3 times in a row in the first half! :laughing:

and the only cheer he got in the first half was when he actually managed to keep the ball in the field of play from a kick off.( he also had his car vandalised in the car park !!!!!!!!!

But I don't care Love ya Benji (we would not have won that day without Him)

Yeah when I read perfect 10 I thought he must've been refering to benji last 10 minutes of that match because the rest of it was crap…. :laughing:

@Tiger_Al said:
Yeah when I read perfect 10 I thought he must've been refering to benji last 10 minutes of that match because the rest of it was crap…. :laughing:

Rothfield probably woke up in some pub with 10 to go and assumed Benji must have played like that all day :slight_smile:

Back