Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ

@tigerwest said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1388726) said:
@cochise said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1386517) said:
@russell said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1386512) said:
@851 said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1385947) said:
@russell said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1385919) said:
@851 said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1385675) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1385626) said:
@russell said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1385614) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1385606) said:
@russell said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1385595) said:
I believe that the proposed contracts for Latrine and JAC where withdrawn before they signed elsewhere.

Don't believe those two make the list of players we could not sign.

we withdrew our offers because they rejected us.

Did they?

How do you know this?

It was widely reported. No news organisation or person on the planet reported it like you have, so how did you come to that conclusion?

Exactly, we offered plenty and thought both would come, when it was apparent neither would come, we tried to save face and say we withdrew our offer. We then bent over even more by saying, if they want to come back to the table, we will listen to what they have to say.
We got rejected, rather than say nothing after our supposed withdrawal, we make it known otherwise.
We got rejected in the dance, then hung around outside hoping for a miracle after the show had finished, embarrassing really

The question is.....

Did we withdraw our offers to Latrine and JAC?

Don't need your thoughts on this 851 or Avo....just the answer to the question.

Take off your rose coloured glasses Russ, we travelled all around the country side trying to land those 2 blokes, offering fullback to both. But if that is what it takes for you to sleep well at night, then you keep thinking we withdrew our offer and we out smarted them, well played Wests Tigers, you are contract negotiation geniuses, other clubs should learn from our savvy approaches.

From the ramble above I assume the answer to my question is...

No we didn't withdraw our offer.... Is that correct?

We withdrew our offer to save face after it became clear the players had no interest in coming here. It is like going for a job and when you miss out saying that I didn't really want it anyway.

I thought we withdrew the offers when it was clear they were looking elsewhere?
LM wasn’t coming he wanted to go to Souths and JAC got a better offer?

Isn't that what I said?

@cochise said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1388730) said:
@tigerwest said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1388726) said:
@cochise said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1386517) said:
@russell said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1386512) said:
@851 said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1385947) said:
@russell said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1385919) said:
@851 said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1385675) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1385626) said:
@russell said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1385614) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1385606) said:
@russell said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1385595) said:
I believe that the proposed contracts for Latrine and JAC where withdrawn before they signed elsewhere.

Did they?

How do you know this?

It was widely reported. No news organisation or person on the planet reported it like you have, so how did you come to that conclusion?

Exactly, we offered plenty and thought both would come, when it was apparent neither would come, we tried to save face and say we withdrew our offer. We then bent over even more by saying, if they want to come back to the table, we will listen to what they have to say.
We got rejected, rather than say nothing after our supposed withdrawal, we make it known otherwise.
We got rejected in the dance, then hung around outside hoping for a miracle after the show had finished, embarrassing really

The question is.....

Take off your rose coloured glasses Russ, we travelled all around the country side trying to land those 2 blokes, offering fullback to both. But if that is what it takes for you to sleep well at night, then you keep thinking we withdrew our offer and we out smarted them, well played Wests Tigers, you are contract negotiation geniuses, other clubs should learn from our savvy approaches.

We withdrew our offer to save face after it became clear the players had no interest in coming here. It is like going for a job and when you miss out saying that I didn't really want it anyway.

I thought we withdrew the offers when it was clear they were looking elsewhere?
LM wasn’t coming he wanted to go to Souths and JAC got a better offer?

Isn't that what I said?

Just wanted to clarify in my own mind, what had happened.

@851 said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1387964) said:

Did they?

How do you know this?

The question is.....

Everyone bar @Russell knows this, but he is in complete denial

was in denial when Liddle disappeared for a few weeks too ... so what is new

@milky said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1385148) said:
@crazycat said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1385097) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1385007) said:
are we able to use some of this year's salary cap to bump up Mbye so we pay less the next 2 years ?

Why arn't we doing this for say Brooks? or Twal or Tamou or Daine Laurie?

I don't understand why we don't frontload our cap a lot more. Were probably not going to make the 8, what we have to give up on signing DWZ for 400k this year...woopie.

Frontload our spare coin on players we are going to keep. I hate that we have signed Mbye, but I have to admit putting him at 5/8 has worked and he has played his heart out. The fact that he stayed in first grade when Reynolds and Packer dropped all comes down to attitude. I would frontload anyone else but Mbye though.
Look, honestly Mbye was an 750K investment that never worked out. Sure he has sometimes played at the 200k level, sometimes at the 450k level.. But if I had to pick our backline it is:
Daine Laurie
Cini/Nofo
Doueini/James - jet-Roberts, plus we have Oliver coming from the UK.
Hastings + Brooks in the halves.

Mbye at best is NR14. OR Mbye starts at 6 and Hastings forces his way into the starting squad.

We probably won't be signing Mbye on less then 450k. No way we should be frontloading HIM, and why spend so much on NR14 when we could put up a junior. I don't see where Mbye fits, why front load?

Because this year is technically a write off in terms of recruitment so if we front-load Mbye's contract he would be on say 500k next year. If he goes to crap and someone picks him up next year, we will only be contributing around 200k as opposed to 500k.

I get front loading. But why Mbye? We have told Mbye to look elsewhere.
Honestly frontload someone like Diane Laurie, Frontload Brooks he will probably be here. Frontload Tamou, Jet, Doueihi, etc.
I can only imagine that we would frontload Mbye 500k, then offload him for another team to pay the 200k next year.
At 200k Mbye would be good money. So if we are frontloading him, are we keeping him?

Why

Glad DWZ and his manager have got what they wanted but I'd be telling both of them that as far as WT go ''Never approach us again. We feel we have been used twice now by DWZ, never again. No further correspondence will be entered into.''

Back