Tuiaki running it back...

AndTheKungFoSing

Did anyone notice how he kept looking to pass it to Gallant so he could get more meters from a Dummy half-run? Great game plan imo from Sheens catching the NQ defence staggered…

Made me laugh though... every-time he got the ball he looked forward... the crowd cheered and when he threw the pass the entire crowd let go with this massive sigh of disappointment hahaha

I'm positive though the crowd changed his mind and got him to stray from the game plan on a few occassions and convinced him to straighten up and run it back instead of looking for gallant ahaha

I liked it because it meant the NQ defenders could not isolate him in a corner on kick returns. It centred play and gave him a go on ruck 2.

That and it centred the play which is good

@smeghead said:
I liked it because it meant the NQ defenders could not isolate him in a corner on kick returns. It centred play and gave him a go on ruck 2.

Yeah, that's the only logic I could come up with for it. Not sure whether it is flawed logic though. His runs from dummy half probably wouldn't have got us further upfield than if he had put his head down on the first tackle.

@Juro said:
@smeghead said:

Yeah, that's the only logic I could come up with for it. Not sure whether it is flawed logic though. His runs from dummy half probably wouldn't have got us further upfield than if he had put his head down on the first tackle.

I agree.

It is a difficult one but I think if a Ryan hitup is going to occur I would prefer it on the 3rd. He has a tendancy to follow up a TNT kick return and get smashed ceasing all momentum.

If they mix it up and we have the options of power and speed to pick from it could work out effectively

He can certainly pass the ball. Some of those passes were travelling some distance and hit Gallant on the chest everytime.

It was an interesting tactic which seemed to come off ok. Ray Hadley couldn't work out why he kept passing it to Gallant in the first half. When the second half came around he finally caught on that Tuiaki had been instructed by Sheens to play that way. The big fella nearly passed the 200 metre mark in attack yesterday.

@willow said:
It was an interesting tactic which seemed to come off ok. Ray Hadley couldn't work out why he kept passing it to Gallant in the first half. When the second half came around he finally caught on that Tuiaki had been instructed by Sheens to play that way. The big fella nearly passed the 200 metre mark in attack yesterday.

That's why Ray is thick as sometimes….It's twofold....allows Tui or Ryan to take the first hit up....plus it centres the play in the middle third for Farah and the pigs....Cows chase was staggered at times as well....The Mouse will get through one day...

Back