Tyson Gamble

Dst6

Don't know to much about the guy but I trust whatever Ivan is doing at the moment

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/moreton/redcliffe-dolphins-rookie-tyson-gamble-signs-with-nrl-club-wests-tigers/news-story/c5cf7e3d654d83c8a7ba56f05582f0aa

JUST weeks after making his Intrust Super Cup debut, a ‘relatively unknown’ young Queensland five-eighth has landed an NRL contract.

Tyson Gamble, the 20-year-old who debuted in the Intrust Super Cup for the Redcliffe Dolphins against the Townsville Blackhawks in round four, said he was “pretty excited” to sign with the Wests Tigers.

“It is the biggest thing that has happened to me in my life so far,” the apprentice electrician said.

“I am thankful I got to play (Queensland) Cup this year, which allowed this to happen.

“My dream has always been to take it all the way to the NRL.”
The five-eighth and halfback, who played his junior football at Albany Creek and moved to the Dolphins when he was 16, has scored three tries since round four, including one during the Dolphins’ 52-12 flogging of Souths Logan Magpies in round nine at the weekend, and four goals.

Gamble said he would join Wests Tigers next year — hopefully after helping the Dolphins to Intrust Super Cup grand final glory.
I am looking forward to the whole experience … being part of a fulltime system,” Gamble said.
It will be a new challenge for me. I’m just chasing the dream.”

As much as I dislike them, good things happen when we have Queenslanders in the halves.

can just see the headlines once this guy starts firing…

WESTS TIGERS TAKE "GAMBLE" AND IT PAYS OFF!

Looks like he plays what is in front of him. Has a bit of size about him for a 5/8 as well.

[media]https://vimeo.com/129052442[/media]

@ said:
Looks like he plays what is in front of him. Has a bit of size about him for a 5/8 as well.

[media]https://vimeo.com/129052442[/media]

Thanks for the upload TapTwist. He does look to have a good frame about him, hope Ivan can turn him into a centre down the track.

A bit hard to judge what the opposition was like but he certainly looks a good signing for us. He plays 5/8 so opportunities will be few for him here but maybe could play fullback, his skills probably better suited there than centre.

It was from 2015 so he would have been 18…be like QLD version of Ball...

Anyway...you need depth..

Interesting signing, in a good system with Adam Mogg and is very young. His team mate Christian Hazzard has had a great year in the 7, but is very small and a bit older.

Nothing wrong with having depth

More signing from ald cup the better. I was dirty we didnt try for Caelin anderson.. grrr.

Joe ofengauie is the highest run metres in the qld cup this year. A few issues but jeez hel be a star. He play 80 minutes front row in the under 20's sometimes.

Hi I am new to the forum but a long term Tiger supporter (played juniors)

I live in Brisbane and have seen Tyson play a number of games. He is a real talent and like most Queensland halves he has pretty quick judgement about what is in front of him in attack. He has size, can break a line, soft hands when necessary, well weighted kicks and a good defence. It will be a big leap to the NRL but I believe that Ivan and Reynolds will look after him. He can develop into something special …. I have never seen play fullback but with his vision and ability to break a line he might be pretty useful ... never seen him under the high ball.

I notice that there are a number of youtube videos of the Queensland ISC - just type in Redcliffe Dolphins. I am not sure if he has played each game but there should be highlights - he plays five-eighth.

I am excited with Ivan in charge ... and hopefully I can to stick it to the rest of my Bronco and Maroon supporting family.

Nice comment mate. He looks good.

To be honest it annoys me when people say players like him are depth players. Why cant they start? We have moses who has had two try assists in 9 games, runs sideways everytime and cannot put a decent kick in while missing tackles. Players like Gamble could easily make the transition after a preseason…

Hi Sentice - Tyson has only played ISC this year and we are now into the tenth round this weekend. He has won MOM awards in a team that has Benji playing (until Benji fractured his wrist). Given that he has only had limited number of games in the ISC, someone must have been impressed and whispered to Ivan - I would not be surprised if it wasn't Benji.

As I said I was impressed with him (along with many others up here) but the defensive systems in the NRL are significantly better and he might (or might not) be challenged. I reckon he is more than a depth player but he will need some nursing from Ivan and Josh.

But just think about it - he was playing in the second grade comp to the ISC last year. And he stepped up to the plate - let's see if he can do it again. He also plays on the left - same side as Brookes.

Latest posts

Back