Watched The Game

system

As I was out at the BRET match last night I did not watch the game.

I watched my recording this morning and I think the loss of Skando was the turning point in the game. Not because it was losing a front rower but because on a mental level we lost our ability to grind. We went for the hail mary and got too desperate in attack and lost continuity and desperation in defence.

we ran out of quality front rowers. its the same story year after year. it doesnt look like next year will be any different loking at our new signings…

Didnt help, there was a significant lack of momentum at the first interchange imo when Payten & Galloway went off.
We started to look tired all of a sudden.

Smeg…we went in with Skando and big Keith carrying injuries.

And, yes, we lost all momentum when Skando was hurt and Keith was off.

Meanwhile...we had two utlities sitting there on the bench, Johnny and Dene.

Despite the coach knowing he was going in with injured props. There's no real sugar coating the fact it was a terrible decision to not take an extra prop up there once Gibbs was out. In fact, it almost defies belief.

Not denying that it was a poor, poor decision not to take a prop to fill the loss of Bryce.

However even though we lost impact if Skando was still in roatation we are a good shot at winning the game.

Than again if if's and buts were candy and nuts…....

@innsaneink said:
Didnt help, there was a significant lack of momentum at the first interchange imo when Payten & Galloway went off.

Reminded me of the first half of the season where we had no size on the bench. It really cost us last night.

@smeghead said:
Not denying that it was a poor, poor decision not to take a prop to fill the loss of Bryce.

However even though we lost impact if Skando was still in roatation we are a good shot at winning the game.

Than again if if's and buts were candy and nuts…....

If that was the first time it's happened, i'd not even be angry at Sheens.

But dead set, that's about the 20th time he's removed a prop and put an extra ulitility on the bench…and it's failed 99% of the time.

Dene offered absolutely nothing last night. We all knew that pre game. Morris covered the exact same positions. There was no sense in Dene replacing Bryce......................none.

Argh well, it makes me angry to think about it. Going to tune out the footy for 6 months. :brick:

@innsaneink said:

Spot On

Cause we had Payne in the front row…..

Losing Skando forced Galloway and Payten to go back on earlier....I'm more and more convinced Skando has to go around next year....OR buy anther bloody front rower or 2..

We missed Gibbs.....christ that was hard to say......

We have no depth in size....

Anger at Sheens begining to grow....

@cnx_tigers said:
Despite the coach knowing he was going in with injured props. There's no real sugar coating the fact it was a terrible decision to not take an extra prop up there once Gibbs was out. In fact, it almost defies belief.

So So true… :deadhorse:

@Geo. said:
@innsaneink said:

Spot On

Losing Skando forced Galloway and Payten to go back on earlier....I'm more and more convinced Skando has to go around next year....OR buy anther bloody front rower or 2..

\
\
Hey welcome aboard Geo, this was why a lot of us were so cranky last night. He can tell us and tell us until the cows come home that Payten and Payne can cover the prop position and no matter how he has twisted the story around to suit his claims…....

You just can't make sheep sh#t taste like strawberry jam. Sad but true.

@Geo. said:
@innsaneink said:

Spot On

Only "STARTING"? The selection of unbalanced teams has been going on for years and no-one in the Club's management (except for …........ What's his name? ......... The previous CEO? .... Oh! Anyway he's gone now) seems to be doing something about it or don't they understand either?

We were short two props for that game imo.

I guess i should partly blame Gibbs for being a goose…. but we certainly would have seen more penalities against.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back