We could be third after this week

There has to be a salary cap! other wise there will be 4 teams in the top 4 every year and the rest well!! I supported the Magpies in there death ride to oblivian and I can assure you it,s not a good ride and this is how it would be if there was no cap ….supporting a team that has no chance of getting any where scary . But just thinking we have not made the finals for HOW LONG thank god there is a salary cap..

Nothing is certain but there are a few signs Ch7 is positioning itself to get in the game so to speak.

@MGB said:
Nothing is certain but there are a few signs Ch7 is positioning itself to get in the game so to speak.

Yeah, I think they are seeing the reception they get with the Matty Jones show. I've also noticed that they are promoting the game a lot more throughout their news programs which is good.

@ron burgandy said:
i think it needs to go to a 14 team comp with every team playing each other twice have the comp divided up into 2 leagues (7 in each league)

top 2 from each league go through to the finals and the best 2 records in the nrl other then the top 2 from each league go through to the finals aswell.

the way the leagues are determined is by where you finish on the ladder ie (teams that finish 1,3,5,7,9,11,13 are in league 1 teams that finish 2,4,6,8,10,12,14 are in league 2)

\
\
16 teams

4 divisions with 4 teams in each

division 1\. Broncos, titans,cowboys, storm
division 2\. warriors, knights, raiders, sharks
division 3\. sea eagles, eels, panthers bulldogs
division 4 Rabbitohs, roosters, dragons,tigers

21 round season
every team in the division plays other teams in the division 3 times and every other team ounce

top team in each division get in the finals
\
\
Pretty much the nfl version

Don't get too carried away - we are only 2 competition points in front of the team coming 9th!

Let's just keep winning!

@wtffl2005 said:
@ron burgandy said:
i think it needs to go to a 14 team comp with every team playing each other twice have the comp divided up into 2 leagues (7 in each league)

top 2 from each league go through to the finals and the best 2 records in the nrl other then the top 2 from each league go through to the finals aswell.

the way the leagues are determined is by where you finish on the ladder ie (teams that finish 1,3,5,7,9,11,13 are in league 1 teams that finish 2,4,6,8,10,12,14 are in league 2)

\
\
16 teams

4 divisions with 4 teams in each

division 1\. Broncos, titans,cowboys, storm
division 2\. warriors, knights, raiders, sharks
division 3\. sea eagles, eels, panthers bulldogs
division 4 Rabbitohs, roosters, dragons,tigers

21 round season
every team in the division plays other teams in the division 3 times and every other team ounce

top team in each division get in the finals
\
\
Pretty much the nfl version

I don't see the Divisions system as being the solution. It works in the USA because they have so many teams. The NFL has 32 teams, double the NRL, so it makes sense.

@alex said:
I don't see the Divisions system as being the solution. It works in the USA because they have so many teams. The NFL has 32 teams, double the NRL, so it makes sense.

It would just be like one conference instead of two

If the comp was split into 2 divisions I think the TV ratings would suffer … what interest would you have in watching a game between two teams you're not going to play for the whole season? At least there's some interest the way it is at the moment where you can watch the team you'll play the week after. I think playing the same team 3 times a year would be extremely boring.

@alex said:
I think playing the same team 3 times a year would be extremely boring.

Id prefer to watch the tigers play rabbitohs, roosters , dragons one more time than warriors,sharks,titans,cowboys or storm to be honest

There would be more rivalry matches for most clubs

but then again i wasn't being serious it was just an idea of the top of my head after seeing Ron's post

@wtffl2005 said:
@alex said:
I think playing the same team 3 times a year would be extremely boring.

Id prefer to watch the tigers play rabbitohs, roosters , dragons one more time than warriors,sharks,titans,cowboys or storm to be honest

There would be more rivalry matches for most clubs

but then again i wasn't being serious it was just an idea of the top of my head after seeing Ron's post

It would be nice if all the Teams played each other twice in a season. 1 home and 1 away for everyone. But with the way things are at the moment, the players would go on strike if they were told to play more games.

Congratulations to Tim Sheens and his coaching staff on turning it all around. We are very well placed for a strong run home into the semi finals :slight_smile:

We can all dwell on the last few years and label the club failures and words to that effect but its the here and now that matters. Whats gone before is ancient history.

Back