WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES HALL OF FAME GALA EVENT

Gobbs

![](http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l201/wests_magpies/medal_dinner_leaflet.jpg)

The event will feature the club’s second induction ceremony of former greats into the Western Suburbs Hall of Fame. A special presentation of commemorative medallions will also be made to all former first grade players (or their next of kin) who played with the club since its foundation in 1909 until 1999 when it joined the Balmain Tigers to form the Wests Tigers joint venture.

**A total of 1063 players played first grade for the Magpies from 1908-1999.** The club wishes to honour and acknowledge those players who have contributed so much to the proud history and tradition of one of the code’s greatest ever clubs.

The club wishes to hear from former players or their families with contact details as soon as possible. All interested former players or their families should register their contact details without delay by mail to Centenary Medals, Wests Ashfield Leagues Club, PO Box 877, Ashfield, NSW, 1800.

Enquiries can also be made on (02) 9601 2002 or email <medals@westsashfield.com.au>**When:** Thursday 24 September 2009
**Where**: Wests Ashfield Leagues Club -115 Liverpool Road Ashfield
**Time:** 6:30pm for a 7:00pm start
_Members and Supporters are Welcome but numbers are strictly limited due to venue capacity._
**Tickets:** $95.00
**Includes:** Three course meal and refreshments.</medals@westsashfield.com.au>

My older brother will be spewing. Rolled his ankle and completely stuffed it in the final trials for The Magpies back in the 80's. He claims he ONLY ever wanted to play 1 x 1st grade game! :laughing:

I would love to have been there it would have been a great night. I still have my precious memories of watching the great players from Wests from nigh on 50 years ago onwards.

@crouching_tiger said:
My older brother will be spewing. Rolled his ankle and completely stuffed it in the final trials for The Magpies back in the 80's. He claims he ONLY ever wanted to play 1 x 1st grade game! :laughing:

I hope your proud of your brother.

Back