Wests Tigers book.

Haven't read much of it yet, but a few pictures would have been good.

I bought it as we walked in yesterday, and then promptly forgot it was in my handbag after I got the boys to sign it. Yay! I have something to read tonight!

The book says in the 'Where are they now' section that Skando is retired…. ooops!!

Page 48 describes how innocent ol' tigergran turns into a vicious monster and absolutely gives it to Noycey. She must've belted him senseless with her handbag!! :astonished:

@crouching_tiger said:
Page 48 describes how innocent ol' tigergran turns into a vicious monster and absolutely gives it to Noycey. She must've belted him senseless with her handbag!! :astonished:

Na that was Sincas handbag

I received mine in the post yesterday afternoon and had finished it by dinner time lol. True a few pictures would have just made it perfect but it was a really good read. I had a few teary moments, I'll admit, mostly reading about Skando and Buckets.

I just love the bit about Heighno's post match interview and how the boys made it their ringtone. He might be embarrassed about it but for me, it was one of the true highlights of the game…the raw emotion to have won a grand final. He only said what we were all thinking (plus the look on Matt Johns' face was priceless!). Good read, that's for sure. After band rehearsal tonight, I'm going to come home and watch my Grand Final DVD AGAIN and make the memory complete. Here's hoping the boys can emulate that spirit again and surprise us with an October gift. I'm ever hopeful :mrgreen:

I've read about 50%, so far so good, but generally it's not really striking or deep reading, it really is a giant fluff piece (thus far), see where it goes from here.

I also agree, a few pictures inthe middle would have been a nice insight from the usual we see everyday in the paper.

@crouching_tiger said:

Hi everyone

I was very polite - just assertive. I spoke on behalf of all season ticket holders who were paying more for the ST than they would had they paid from week to week. It obviously worked.

I think it shows that if we take valid criticisms to admin, they would be seriously considered.

Tigergran

At the start of the year tim sheens set the goal of making the top 4 .After round 14 or so and were placed about 11 we were not travelling to well so tim sheens wanted to change the target to just make the 8 they had a vote and ben galea was the only one who stood up and wanted to keep the target set a the top 4 … benny was the man

@tigergran said:
@crouching_tiger said:

Hi everyone

I was very polite - just assertive. I spoke on behalf of all season ticket holders who were paying more for the ST than they would had they paid from week to week. It obviously worked.

I think it shows that if we take valid criticisms to admin, they would be seriously considered.

Tigergran

I read that bit last night and had a chuckle! :laughing:

I bought it. It is a good momento. Would have been worth alot more if there were real pictures.

As a book it's really not that good but it sits with the rest of the memorobilia (sp?)

It's not the best piece of literature but it provides a good in depth perspective of the club. Things that are never reported in the paper and thoughts from players we never get to hear. Im liking it so far

Latest posts

Back