Wests Tigers - Christmas BBQ

If you've been around the many incarnations of the WTForums since around 2002, you'd know that Tim Sheens is a family friend, and my brother and I grew up calling him "Uncle Tim". He gifted me his final playing jersey in 1982, which I still have. It's a standing joke that if I want to get his attention, I just call out, "Uncle Tim!" and he looks straight at me 😂 So today, I realised that I am the same age as he was in 2005, and I said to him I should probably drop the "uncle". He laughed, and said, yeah, probably. My daughter said, she never will. And he agreed, saying, "and that's ok." So when we were leaving, I sang out, "Bye Tim!" and waved. He waved back, then turned around and said, "Where's my "uncle", Suzie?" Hahaha so, I yelled back, "Bye Uncle Tim! LOVE YOU!!" 😂😂😂And I do ❤️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221210_190406_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221210_190406_Gallery.jpg
    647.7 KB · Views: 12
If you've been around the many incarnations of the WTForums since around 2002, you'd know that Tim Sheens is a family friend, and my brother and I grew up calling him "Uncle Tim". He gifted me his final playing jersey in 1982, which I still have. It's a standing joke that if I want to get his attention, I just call out, "Uncle Tim!" and he looks straight at me 😂 So today, I realised that I am the same age as he was in 2005, and I said to him I should probably drop the "uncle". He laughed, and said, yeah, probably. My daughter said, she never will. And he agreed, saying, "and that's ok." So when we were leaving, I sang out, "Bye Tim!" and waved. He waved back, then turned around and said, "Where's my "uncle", Suzie?" Hahaha so, I yelled back, "Bye Uncle Tim! LOVE YOU!!" 😂😂😂And I do ❤️

Very lucky would love to meet him one day.

Very lucky would love to meet him one day.
We were very, very lucky to have him around as young teens. He was (and is) a very important person to us both. He showed us a great deal of kindness and respect, which was actually missing from most adult males in our lives. I seriously love him, and I'm so glad my kids and grandkid know him too 💗

My daughter's day was made when we saw Skando! She's loved him since she was a teenybopper 🤣🤣
Everyone loves Skando Suz .....maybe we could start a TV sitcom

He was my favourite yack back in Townsville all those years ago

He still looks like the old Skando ....remember when he came out of retirement

Emergency Just break glass ...Skando emerges

We were very, very lucky to have him around as young teens. He was (and is) a very important person to us both. He showed us a great deal of kindness and respect, which was actually missing from most adult males in our lives. I seriously love him, and I'm so glad my kids and grandkid know him too 💗

I love him too and never met him.

I think a lot of us don't realise our love of rugby league came from Sheens.

Was lucky enough to tune in to footy during 05 to 2011 period. Some games there I'll never forget.

Everyone loves Skando Suz .....maybe we could start a TV sitcom

He was my favourite yack back in Townsville all those years ago

He still looks like the old Skando ....remember when he came out of retirement

Emergency Just break glass ...Skando emerges
Hahaha Good idea! I'd watch!!

Staff online

Back