Wests Tigers injury update

G

Wests Tigers Coach Tim Sheens has named his team to play the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium on Friday, June 4, in round 13 of the Telstra Premiership.

New signing Wade McKinnon will not play after only arriving at training on Monday and has been given the chance to settle in.

With Wests Tigers having the bye in round 14, Sheens is expecting to have props Keith Galloway (hand), Tame Tupou (knee), centre Blake Ayshford (groin) and full-back McKinnon available for the Canberra match at Leichhardt Oval in round 15.

Sheens also said veteran prop John Skandalis would only be used in the NRL side as a back-up after he came out of retirement last Saturday to help out the Western Suburbs Magpies for the rest of this season.
It was a role Skandalis performed well in for Wests Tigers last year.

WESTS TIGERS INJURY UPDATE
1/06/2010 5:12:38 PM

NRL INJURY LIST
As of June 1, 2010

Player: Keith Galloway
Injury: Hand
Return date: Rd 15

Blake Ayshford
Injury: Groin

Player: Tame Tupou
Injury: Knee

Player: Liam Fulton
Injury: Shoulder
Return date: Rd 17

Player: Jason Cayless
Return date: indefinite

Player: Taniela Tuiaki
Injury: Ankle
Return date: Indefinite

Player: Tim Moltzen
Out for season.

NYC INJURY LIST

Player: Joel Jackson
Injury: Shoulder

Player: Matt Brasington
Injury: leg
Return date: Indefinite

@Kaiser said:
Very excited to see how Tame turns out for the Tigers… he'll be a handful for a lot of sides in the front-row

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes also, word is he has still got pretty good speed, and at 115kg he should take a few defenders with him. Some good players coming back at the right time from the look of it.

He has what's known as the 'Ryan O'hara syndrome'….

Only known cure....turn up in suit to watch each week.....til another contract comes along...

Or ....Knee injury...

blah Jason Cayless is washed up player anyway.. and Tame is one of those wingers who shouldnt be put at prop ever

Galloway and Fulton are the 2 im most concerned about and want back

Jason Schirnack is probably another two weeks away. He had minor knee surggery I have been informed

i doubt tame will walk straight into the team considering he hasnt played since early last year state cup will be the best for him. hopefully the boys play well this week across the board and give tim the best headache of all

Deja vu with Keith - his season so far has been hugely disappointing. Hopefully when he returns he will find some form and remain injury-free.

Has Tame played a game at all this season? If not I guess he will spend a fair bit of time in NSW Cup before getting a run in first grade.

@Centaur said:
Has Tame played a game at all this season? If not I guess he will spend a fair bit of time in NSW Cup before getting a run in first grade.

I dont think Tame has played at all in TWO seasons,& has NEVER played prop….just because he's big doesnt make him a walk-up 1st grade forward.
if he contributes at all in NRL this season i'll be surprised(albeit pleasantly)

Good to see Aaron Woods off that list. I look forward to his return for NYC

Joel Jackson back soon then. I haven't seen him all season. He was amazing last year. What happens when Jackson, Finau and Savao are all fit? Does Jackson take Kamuta or Clarke's position? Tough call.

@MacDougall said:
Joel Jackson back soon then. I haven't seen him all season. He was amazing last year. What happens when Jackson, Finau and Savao are all fit? Does Jackson take Kamuta or Clarke's position? Tough call.

Three talented winger right there. I can't see Kamuta being dropped though, he's been good this season. Not sure if Jackson deserves to walk in given the form of Finau and Savau this season.

@willow said:
@MacDougall said:

Three talented winger right there. I can't see Kamuta being dropped though, he's been good this season. Not sure if Jackson deserves to walk in given the form of Finau and Savau this season.

A agree there Willow

Members online

Back