Wests Tigers Memberships For 2011

joe_s_magpies

I have sent an email to WT Membership regarding benefits for 2011\. Here is what I said.

To whom it may concern,

I am a currently in my 5th year of my Wests Tigers membership (Membership Number: WTI-530947). Whilst i am pleased with the advantages Membership brings i believe they could be enhanced by using some of the ideas of other clubs.

I have a work colleague who is a member at Penrith, and they get some tremendous benefits which he tells me about. Some of these include:

- Team release to Members via email. Currently we have to wait till around 5pm to get the team. At Penrith they get their team around 11am and it then gets released to the media at 3 or 4pm. The members have been trained not to release the information.
- Members only announcements. Injury news and player signings are some of the information released to members first via email. An example of this was, Penrith members were told of Petero Civoniceva's hand injury in Origin 2 almost 5 hours before anyone else knew.
- Members only bar and food line. Saves the hassle for members lining up with the rest of the General Public. Also seen as a privilege. If you were a Tigers supporter and not a member in a queue for 20 minutes and you look over at the Members line which takes 2 minutes to get served, that supporter may consider membership for the following season.

These are just 3 ideas that i feel will not only enhance the current membership benefits(which will help retention of members), but also could be used as a tool to recruit new members.

I hope these are ideas you can take on board when planning your 2011 Membership packages.

Regards,

What do you guys think of the ideas I have raised in my email. Do you see any benefits?

Hopefully I get a response.

I thought one of the benefits this year was to get team selections sent via SMS (or at least a game day message), something like that.

Always seem to have a few benefits that are posted early on drop off once the season starts.

I like the members only line idea. Esp at a packed LO.

Good Work Joe…

I'd like to see a few changes also:

1\. Out of Towners - 2 tickets to a Wests Tigers Away game in your choice of Region (Melbourne, Canberra, Woollongong, Newcastle, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Townsville)

2\. $20 Add On Option - Once off payment for Membership to Men of League Foundation in your region.

3\. Bi-Annual Tigers Colour Magazine - featuring a report card and detailed stats of the year. Could include redemption offers for Sponsors or advertisers and indepth Player information, and basic Financial Schedule.

4\. Members Access to Training - could be limited to 20 members per training session, isolated from the team, but still close enough to feel apart of the internal workings of the club.

The other areas I feel the club could increase membership revenue, is realising there is a very very large supporter base outside of Sydney. Opportunities to host functions in regional areas after games, just as they do for Home Games. Maybe not the whole team, but maybe 6 players, Coaching team and CEO could attend. A good starting point is when they play in Brisbane or the Gold Coast. Book out a local venue (My Company has a few :smiley: ) for the function, and work on building a relationship for the future....
:sign:

Majority of training sessions are open to the public if they want to stroll in Watto.

There is a members ticket offer mentioned for this weeks Dragons game in the Members section of the website too

I like the members only line at the canteens. Great idea.

While I like the other 2, I wouldn't want to risk giving up any advantage of the coach holding his cards close to his chest.

I think we need a Sydney City membership that includes all the games at Leichardt and the SFS/SCG. It's just too hard to get out to Cambo on Friday nights after work.

@hammertime said:

While I like the other 2, I wouldn't want to risk giving up any advantage of the coach holding his cards close to his chest.

I think we need a Sydney City membership that includes all the games at Leichardt and the SFS/SCG. It's just too hard to get out to Cambo on Friday nights after work.

They already have that option. Thats what I get, 4 Leichhardt, 3 SFS, 1 SCG. I think its call Premium where you get the choice of 2 venues etc…

@Tiger Watto said:
@hammertime said:

They already have that option. Thats what I get, 4 Leichhardt, 3 SFS, 1 SCG. I think its call Premium where you get the choice of 2 venues etc…

Don't know how I missed it. Is that only concourse seating?

No, you can get Silver (Concourse) or Gold (Stand). I always go Concourse for Leichhardt. Closer to the action, but you take the risk of getting wet like last year vs Melbourne…

@Tiger Watto said:
@hammertime said:

Tribe I think it's called. You get 6 games basically wherever you want or more correctly they send you tickets for six entries…

The premium option has
LO/SFS/SCG 8 games
or
CSG/SFS/SCG 8 games
or
CSG/LO 8 games

edit: Tribe is all GA, either a 6 or 12 game option…any games
\

The members have been trained not to release the information.

Fascinating...How do they do this?

@innsaneink said:
The members have been trained not to release the information.

Fascinating…How do they do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA2KmJMKFrQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have gotten a response.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your suggestions, we are currently discussing our plans for 2011 and will take them on board.

Regarding your suggestion for Team Announcements and Members Only News, we have set up the new Members Only area as apart of our website that has news exclusively for Members. Also we send out EDM emails to Members that include specials, news and team stories.

The email in your profile did not match this address that you wrote to me on and could be a reason for you not receiving such information. This has now been changed.

Kind regards,

@Tiger Watto said:

Only if you know the password…..

Only know the Wests Tigers to have 1 closed training session ever late Sept '05....

Great Ideas Joe....hope the club gets back to you....

@hammertime said:

I'd like an option that includes all LO and CS games. It doesn't really matter which ground I try to get to on a Friday or Monday night, as I am lucky to be there by kick-off of first grade, so I'd rather go to the traditional grounds if that was an option - of course it won't be, as that doesn't support the $$ the club gets from the SFS/SCG deal.

Latest posts

Members online

Back