Wests Tigers players make Four Nations squads

@innsaneink said:
![](http://img.nrl.sportal.com.au/site/_content/profile/00018829_Image.jpg)
>
Scott Prince
Date of Birth : 27 February, 1980
Height : 177 cm
Weight : 80 kg
Position : Halfback
Rep. Honours : QLD (04, 08), **<big>Kangaroos (05</big>**, 08)
Junior Clubs : Townies Mt Isa
Previous Clubs : Cowboys, Broncos, Wests Tigers.
FG Debut : Cowboys v Raiders, RD 4 1998
Club Debut : Titans v St George, RD 1 2007
http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=player-profile-display&id=1226&team=Titans

We all await your humble apology, Col!

Further evidence, to put this arguement to bed.. http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/prince-and-the-test-paupers/2005/10/03/1128191657082.html

@Colonel said:
I think Alex Glen's a New Zealander…?

Ah yes, I think you're right there Colonel - confirmed by LaT in another post as well. Sorry, my bad. Well, he will definitely be picked for the Kiwis then - they'd be mad not to select him. I've seen a lot of him this year (because Brisbane were on TV just about every week lol) and he has been super impressive. And being chosen as captain in Lockyer's absence, even though he is still quite young, shows how highly regarded he is by the club. As long as his form keeps up, he's well on his way to becoming one of the best back rowers and leaders in the game, imo.

wow Rhino finally made the decision, good on him and the Poms will be getting Jack Reed as well? he's played pretty well this year for the Bronco's, they should have a fair side this year.

@Tigerdave said:
wow Rhino finally made the decision, good on him and the Poms will be getting Jack Reed as well? he's played pretty well this year for the Bronco's, they should have a fair side this year.

Seems he's finally realised he's not going to get picked for Australia (even if he threatens to play for England). I can't see him getting much of a run for England either, they don't really have a shortage of forwards. Jack Reed on the other hand will probably get a spot since they have no backs. He's really emerged from no where this season as a fine young player.

Delighted heighingtons put his hand up for us. Shame he's out of NSW contention if he plays but obviously its good for us pommies. Can see him getting some game
time. Anychance Ayshfords family are of english descent? Haha

So we could just about field an all-international forward pack next year if you class Rhino and Woods as internationals!

Heighington
Ellis
Blair
Galloway
Farah
Woods

Good on you Chris.

I don't think he'ld look out of place in the green and gold but unfortunately, he's up against Gallen, who is in a league of his own when it comes to lock fowards and a host of other players who have that rep game experience.

But good on you Chris, and I'm sure you'll do a great job for the Pommies.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

@Yossarian said:
So we could just about field an all-international forward pack next year if you class Rhino and Woods as internationals!

Heighington
Ellis
Blair
Galloway
Farah
Woods

Yes strong pack next year, already going well but with the inclusion of Blair comes additional toughness, experience and skill.

@Yossarian said:

Heighington
Ellis
Blair
Galloway
Farah
Woods

![](http://topnews.in/law/files/united_nations_9.jpg)

yep Alex Glenn is a Kiwi but he qualified for both Aussie and NZ before he confirmed his allegiance to his homeland. he was able to represent either country at some stage and was apparently offered a chance for U-19 state of origin but turned it down so he could represent NZ.

by the way, congrats on heighno's selection for England.

@insane ink said:
![](http://img.nrl.sportal.com.au/site/_content/profile/00018829_Image.jpg)
>
Scott Prince
Date of Birth : 27 February, 1980
Height : 177 cm
Weight : 80 kg
Position : Halfback
Rep. Honours : QLD (04, 08), **<big>Kangaroos (05</big>**, 08)
Junior Clubs : Townies Mt Isa
Previous Clubs : Cowboys, Broncos, Wests Tigers.
FG Debut : Cowboys v Raiders, RD 4 1998
Club Debut : Titans v St George, RD 1 2007
http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=player-profile-display&id=1226&team=Titans

We all await your humble apology, Col!

I am very sorry, it would appear that I was wrong. We won the comp and got one player in the Australian team.

My point was, if we only got one player in the team when we won the comp, there is no guarantee that we would get anyone in the team when we did not even make the grand final this year.

@alien said:
No Mark Flanagan in the english squad?

He only made our starting team once this year. Why would England want him?

The Tigers Ball Boy got more minutes in the middle. Do you think he shouldve got a run also?

:bash

@Tiger Watto said:
@alien said:
No Mark Flanagan in the english squad?

He only made our starting team once this year. Why would England want him?

The Tigers Ball Boy got more minutes in the middle. Do you think he shouldve got a run also?

:bash

because ive seen alot of players in english squads who have been worse players than him

Mate they will go well this year… I can see Heighington making thier final squad, but I wont be suprised if he doesnt get any game time throughout the tournament.

England could be worth a few bucks at good odds!

Tim Sheens is pushing for Wests Tigers prop Aaron Woods to be picked for Four Nations

JAMES HOOPER
The Sunday Telegraph
September 25, 2011 12:00AM

KANGAROOS coach Tim Sheens is leading a push for Wests Tigers rookie prop Aaron Woods to be selected as the bolter for the Four Nations tournament.

The Sunday Telegraph has learned that Woods, a Junior Kangaroo who has played just 24 NRL games, is in line to be chosen in the Australian squad of 24 players to be announced next Monday.

Fellow Wests Tigers prop Keith Galloway is guaranteed selection and Brisbane prodigy Matt Gillett is also on target after having his claims pressed by Broncos and Kangaroos captain Darren Lockyer.

Coach Sheens was tight-lipped when contacted about the make-up of the squad, which will assemble in Newcastle on October 10 to prepare for a one-off Test against New Zealand on October 16.

"I'm not going to comment about selections," Sheens said.

"If they're in the train-on squad then they're in the mix, but there's still the grand final to get through before we sit down to name the team. There's also a number of guys being monitored by the medical staff with injury concerns so we won't know who's in or who's out until after the grand final."

The biggest injury concern surrounds South Sydney centre Greg Inglis, who has been given up until the week the team leave for England on October 21 to prove his fitness.

The Sunday Telegraph has been told Inglis will be selected in the initial 24-man squad and then given up until after the warm-up Test against the Kiwis to show that his knee has healed.

If he fails to meet the injury deadline, a standby centre will be called in to the squad to join Brisbane's Justin Hodges and Wests Tigers' Chris Lawrence, with the Melbourne Storm's Dane Nielsen pressing hard for inclusion.

Sheens and the Kangaroos selectors are looking at a number of options in the front row to cover the loss of experienced former Penrith captain Petero Civoniceva.

The 45-Test veteran has been ruled out with a pectoral injury, opening the door for Galloway to be guaranteed inclusion.

But aside from Galloway, North Queensland's Matt Scott and Brisbane's Ben Hannant, the final two front-row positions remains open.

Rookie Woods, Brisbane young gun Josh McGuire, Canberra's David Shillington and experienced Manly pair Brent Kite and George Rose are all under consideration.

Former Test front-rower Steve Roach applauded the selection of Galloway but cautioned against tossing Woods into the international arena prematurely.

"I'm wrapped if Keith Galloway can make the squad. He's strong, fit and powerful and he deserves his shot," Roach said.

"He looked like he really enjoyed the Origin experience this year.

"I'm a huge fan of Woods, too. I think he's the best young front-rower in the game along with Trent Merrin.

"But I would like to see him get a little taste of rep footy out here before he gets chosen for a Kangaroo Tour."

@Tiger Watto said:
Mate they will go well this year… I can see Heighington making thier final squad, but I wont be suprised if he doesnt get any game time throughout the tournament.

What to finish 3rd again Watto
I can't see them being a force The only advantage they have is they are at home
Kiwis will dominate them in the forwards and we will dominate them everywhere
Its not like the old Ashes Tours when they can pull some French referee from obscurity (never to be seen again) to do a job on us (Julian Rascagnares ring a bell )

@happy tiger said:
@Tiger Watto said:

Its not like the old Ashes Tours when they can pull some French referee from obscurity (never to be seen again) to do a job on us (Julian Rascagnares ring a bell )

Those Ashes tours used to be great really enjoyed when most if not all of the games were televised back to Australia. The other key issue is 'no injuries for Ellis or Heighno' in the tournament.

@cunno said:
@happy tiger said:
@Tiger Watto said:

Those Ashes tours used to be great really enjoyed when most if not all of the games were televised back to Australia. The other key issue is 'no injuries for Ellis or Heighno' in the tournament.

That would of been a great tour the old tours of Great Britain and France
Have spoken to a couple of guys who have and they say the were thesome of the best things (apart from the homesickness) in their league experiences

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back