Wests Tigers: Prove something to the fans

TigerRock

I, like many of you believe our game against manly on monday will be the defining one for our season. For once in our history I'd like to see this club show some fight and stand up in a game like this. All too often this club has stumbled in these games, for example
* 2007 run home- capitulated massively after being in the top 4
* 2000 second after 13 rounds finished 10th
* 2004 only needed to win 1 out of 3 lost them all
* 2008 poor finish to the year cost us 8th

I just hope we can step up and finally be counted when the pressures on. Come on boys we believe in you, you have the talent.

Couldn't agree more. Thank God for 2005 because otherwise it would of been a long and empty road. Of course, can't expect to win the comp every year but being competitive at the right end of the season is not too much to ask, especially considering the talent and potential we have, this year is no different. I've always thought we were weak mentally in these crunch games. No matter how much talent you have, using your head plus the right attitude will (eventually) see you win these games, you make your own luck!

For once stand up? I seem to recall a game against the dragons were against all odds the boys beat the best team.

@Kul said:
For once stand up? I seem to recall a game against the dragons were against all odds the boys beat the best team.

So your happy with a 1/10 strike rate in making the finals? Yeah its great we won the premiership but we have underachieved for 4 years since then and before 2005 aswell. Would just liek them to stand up for once in these games that matter. Yes I am aware we beat the dragons and broncos in 2005 but as Skando says " forget 2005".

@TigerRock said:
@Kul said:

So your happy with a 1/10 strike rate in making the finals? Yeah its great we won the premiership but we have underachieved for 4 years since then and before 2005 aswell. Would just liek them to stand up for once in these games that matter. Yes I am aware we beat the dragons and broncos in 2005 but as Skando says " forget 2005".

Mate, i don't disagree with you on that.
1/10 is a deadset joke.
But the boys DID stand up once before - and that was a wonderful night!

now, bring on those eagles and lets continue that 100% winning finals record!

@Kul said:

I remember a game when we were playimg the team coming last and lead by 12 with 10 minutes to go and ended up losing by two in normal time!! The boys need to dig deep and prove the have some heart!!

@TbarTiger said:
@Kul said:

I remember a game when we were playimg the team coming last and lead by 12 with 10 minutes to go and ended up losing by two in normal time!! The boys need to dig deep and prove the have some heart!!

Now why did you bring that up :laughing: !!! I had tried to supress that memory to the never seen part of my brain!!! Now it has all flooded back!!!!! The 12 Point lead, then im sure it was tied up, then we lead by 12 with 7 to go…... then the Knights scored...and scored again... then :frowning: We gave away a penalty 20 metres out on the full time siren...they kicked it to win. I also remember laughing to myself when the penalty was awarded thinking, why get angry and continued down the stairs to the Brewery.

@AmericanHistoryX said:
dont prove it for the fans - prove it to yourselves. :unamused:

I agree, the only people who can do something about it is wests-tigers.

Lol this is what me and my old man were saying earlier, he is a Tigers fan but obviously not as big as some of us :laughing::

Me: We dont play till Monday night
Dad: Who are we playing? Roosters is it?
Me: Nah Manly, big game, theyre just about the favourites for the comp now
Dad: I think we can do it
Me: I dont know, its gonna be hard, they've won 8 of their last 10
Dad: Yeh but we always finish the season strongly :laughing:
Me: Umm no not really
Dad: Yeh! What about 2005?
Me: Yeh but that was only one year, we choked in 2000, choked 07, choked in 04, choked last year!
Dad: Oh, *long pause* just be positive Jarrod

Its funny how some people just think of that 1 year while the others basically havnt existed :laughing:

I'm a bit confused as to why this game wasn't allocated to Campbelltown or Leichhardt. You'd think we'd need every advantage possible going up against the defending premiers.

@TigersFan4Life said:
I'm a bit confused as to why this game wasn't allocated to Campbelltown or Leichhardt. You'd think we'd need every advantage possible going up against the defending premiers.

That's an easy one…WSFS pay the $$$$$$...they get to chose the game the want.... simple.....stuff the true home ground advantage....Unfortunaly the money from the corporates is too good to refuse....

It couldn't be held at Campbelltown because of the fact one grandstand was gutted over a month ago.

Leichhardt finished it's allocation also.

Yes it is a bit of a joke but thats what happens in business when you are not the entity with the power to dictate

Catch 22–you need the dollars that ths SFS generate but you also want your own tribal patch others hate to visit. You cant have both and at present we need the dollars more--or so we are lead to believe. The funny thing is if we were a real top four team with one hand on the cup we would need a ground like the SFS to accommodate our fan base. Anyway son of big kev seems to know we the punters love our two suburban grounds so lets hope we see a little more of them in the future.

@Geo. said:
@TigersFan4Life said:

That's an easy one…WSFS pay the $$$$$$...they get to chose the game the want.... simple.....stuff the true home ground advantage....Unfortunaly the money from the corporates is too good to refuse....

Thats what makes it a tough run home. Because really we don't have any _home_ games left. If you were a Manly, Parra or Bulldogs fan looking at your run home and you see that you've got the Tigers at Leichhart or Campbelltown - tough game. Tigers at SFS - anyones game..

Back