Geo

Staff member
Forum Leader
Wests Tigers sign international women's duo
Author
Wests Tigers
Timestamp
Wed 8 Jan 2020, 10:01 AM

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce that international representative duo Botille Vette-Welsh and Raecene McGregor have both joined the club for the 2020 season.

The one-year deals will see the duo feature for the club’s Harvey Norman NSW Women’s Premiership side throughout the 2020 season as Wests Tigers look to improve on an impressive 2019 campaign that culminated in a Preliminary Final appearance after finishing sixth in the regular season.

Captain of Wests Tigers Harvey Norman NSW Premiership side in 2019, Vette-Welsh returns to the club after a breakout season that saw the fullback earn representative honours for Australia and New South Wales.

Voted as the Players’ Player of the season, Vette-Welsh also featured for the Maori All Stars and City Origin sides and was one of the standout performers in the NRLW competition with the St. George-Illawarra Dragons.

Vette-Welsh features amongst best in 2019 NRLW season
Joining Vette-Welsh in Wests Tigers colours next season is Kiwi international Raecene McGregor, who featured for the Premiership-winning Broncos in 2019.

The 22-year-old McGregor has been a regular in the Kiwis squad since 2018 and will bring elite level experience and composure to Wests Tigers side in 2020.

Both players expressed their excitement to join Wests Tigers in the year ahead.

“I’m really excited to be back with Wests Tigers,” said Vette-Welsh. “Last year was a crazy year for me, and this club assisted me in achieving all that I did.

“I feel really honoured and grateful to be given the opportunities I have and I’m really excited to have another successful year with this team in 2020.”

“Everyone has been really welcoming so far,” McGregor added. “Everyone has been very professional to work with and I’m very excited to put on these colours.

“All the girls are feeling really confident heading into the new year and we’re all determined to put in a great amount of effort and have a really successful season.”

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe added his congratulations to Botille and Raecene.

“On behalf of all at Wests Tigers, I’d like to say how pleasing it is to secure players with the talent and professionalism of both Botille and Raecene,” Pascoe said.

“Botille has been a wonderful representative of this club throughout 2019 and has shown herself to be a true star of women’s rugby league.

“It is also a great reflection of the development and strength of our women’s program to be able to secure a player with the talent and representative experience of Raecene,” he added. “We are delighted to see her commit to growing our women’s program even further this season and have no doubt that she will help our team achieve great success in 2020.”

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/01/08/wests-tigers-sign-international-womens-duo/?fbclid=IwAR0PEnYSsCVSkNvsodT6JGx246TM2v4qBi2uL2tHWY_VxtcM4tDeICldZg0

Only a week in to 2020, and already we have a winner for biggest forum topic name let down.

@GNR4LIFE said in [Wests Tigers sign international duo\.\.\.](/post/1098584) said:
Only a week in to 2020, and already we have a winner for biggest forum topic name let down.

hahaha...totally

@GNR4LIFE said in [Wests Tigers sign international duo\.\.\.](/post/1098584) said:

Be careful, youll upset the snowflakes on here.

Bottie plays for Australia ..Raecene for the Kiwi's

Great additions for the Club..

@Geo said in [Wests Tigers sign international duo\.\.\.](/post/1098590) said:

Bottie plays for Australia ..Raecene for the Kiwi's

Great additions for the Club..

Yay

![86b76815-5678-47fd-b40b-777c3506b5e8-image.png](/assets/uploads/files/1578443222794-86b76815-5678-47fd-b40b-777c3506b5e8-image.png)

Great signings - obviously upset the non snowflakes.

Go you Mighty Tigers.

@Moh said in [Wests Tigers sign international duo\.\.\.](/post/1098610) said:
Didn't Pascoe say on Twitter there's unlikely to be any signing news this week?

For the men

Deliberately edited... Wonder why?

@innsaneink said in [Wests Tigers sign international duo\.\.\.](/post/1098629) said:

Deliberately edited... Wonder why?

The ....was a give away

I saw the heading and went what ???

@Earl said in [Wests Tigers sign international duo\.\.\.](/post/1098631) said:

I saw the heading and went what ???

Designed to get a reaction. If it wasn’t, the words ladies or women would be in the title.

Love the women’s game...reminds me of old school league.....really hoping we can push for an actual NRLW team soon....both very handy players.....welsh is by far my fav female player, could use her in the FB role for the men’s side....

Back