Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2

@InMadgeWeTrust said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131831) said:
@twentyforty said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131551) said:
@Madge said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131315) said:
I don’t quite understand the inclusion of Momirovski on the bench?

It looks to me like they are keeping him off the park? Maybe Jennings will get hooked late in the game? CT to wing, Doueihi to FB, and Moma to centre? Or maybe he gets dropped from the bench last minute?
I don’t really understand the idea of putting Moma on the bench either.
Hope it’s not just a case of following the great coach at the Rabbitohs? Because you can’t believe a word Bennet tells the media. He had Johnston on the bench for one reason, to replace Latrell, because he knows Johnston is a better FB than Latrell atm.

If you look around the team lists running a back on the bench has become a lot more popular this year with coaches.

It’s a real change to previous seasons but seems on its way to becoming a norm.

Yes you’re right about that. But why? Which back is not capable of 80 mins?

@twentyforty said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131877) said:
@InMadgeWeTrust said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131831) said:
@twentyforty said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131551) said:
@Madge said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131315) said:
I don’t quite understand the inclusion of Momirovski on the bench?

It looks to me like they are keeping him off the park? Maybe Jennings will get hooked late in the game? CT to wing, Doueihi to FB, and Moma to centre? Or maybe he gets dropped from the bench last minute?
I don’t really understand the idea of putting Moma on the bench either.
Hope it’s not just a case of following the great coach at the Rabbitohs? Because you can’t believe a word Bennet tells the media. He had Johnston on the bench for one reason, to replace Latrell, because he knows Johnston is a better FB than Latrell atm.

If you look around the team lists running a back on the bench has become a lot more popular this year with coaches.

It’s a real change to previous seasons but seems on its way to becoming a norm.

Yes you’re right about that. But why? Which back is not capable of 80 mins?

Injury cover. You’d much prefer to have an actual centre or winger coming in, instead of a second rower doing it. All depends on the makeup of your team, if your props can play big minutes it’s worth carrying a backline utility player, but if you have a second rower who can comfortably fill in at centre (like Aubasson) you don’t need to have one.

@finnzo said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131855) said:
I think there will be late changes before kick off as Madge likes to do doughi to full back momo or talua to centre Corey to wing Jennings to bench seems like a very logical change

I hope so makes sense to me

@Russell said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131836) said:
@hsvjones said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131600) said:
@JoshColeman99 said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131585) said:
Garner was average because brooks wasn’t there. Brooks provides quality service to Garner and Reynolds just didn’t give that to him. Reynolds didn’t train much at 5/8 during the pre season so the combination isn’t really there. Garner terrorised knights last year so hopefully he can do it again this year.

I agree and for me JR is at best a 14 and can cover a few positions if needed. He is just like Conner Watson at Knights and has a spark off the bench..
With Brooks out I would throw in Madden with Benji to give him the experience and to see how he handles it. Benji would control the game but you never know he might stand out and be a diamond in the rough. If he struggles you would have JR on the bench if needed.

These games are not trials you know - we are there to win, not try something out and hope it works.

Understand that but with your first choice half out it is a great opportunity to blood someone like him as he is a very good player. Lets be honest JR didn't do too much last week except be a punching bag for Sims and he would be on the bench if needed.. If madden held his own that allows JR to come on when the forwards are getting tried and carve them up. Our forwards did a great job last week so its just a idea but cannot wait for Brooks to be back.

@GNR4LIFE said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131531) said:
It’s only one game, but my eyes were on Garner and he was disappointing. Hardly lived up to the forum’s off season hype, The jury is well and truly still out on him.

Yes I agree with that. Could be because Brooks was out and those two did combine well towards the end of last season. But I said this before ..... Lucy and Garner in starting side is a no no.

@Russell said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131836) said:
@hsvjones said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131600) said:
@JoshColeman99 said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131585) said:
Garner was average because brooks wasn’t there. Brooks provides quality service to Garner and Reynolds just didn’t give that to him. Reynolds didn’t train much at 5/8 during the pre season so the combination isn’t really there. Garner terrorised knights last year so hopefully he can do it again this year.

I agree and for me JR is at best a 14 and can cover a few positions if needed. He is just like Conner Watson at Knights and has a spark off the bench..
With Brooks out I would throw in Madden with Benji to give him the experience and to see how he handles it. Benji would control the game but you never know he might stand out and be a diamond in the rough. If he struggles you would have JR on the bench if needed.

These games are not trials you know - we are there to win, not try something out and hope it works.

Madden is a development player so suggestion is not on and I agree that he would get eaten alive.

The combinations were a bit rusty last week due to Brooks pulling out in the last minute. Hope Gardner is not having the second year syndrome. Reynolds will have better opportunities if not targeted. BL and Nofo combination will have to take effect after being disrupted last Week. Thomo was lost in his position play last week and has to regain his edge running which is his trademark. Doughi combinations with Jennings are yet to click. The forwards and Benji saved the game for us as they never gave up even when the dragons broke our lines several times last week. I look forward to Nofo scoring more this week.

@laufoofan said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131917) said:
The combinations were a bit rusty last week due to Brooks pulling out in the last minute. Hope Gardner is not having the second year syndrome. Reynolds will have better opportunities if not targeted. BL and Nofo combination will have to take effect after being disrupted last Week. Thomo was lost in his position play last week and has to regain his edge running which is his trademark. Doughi combinations with Jennings are yet to click. The forwards and Benji saved the game for us as they never gave up even when the dragons broke our lines several times last week. I look forward to Nofo scoring more this week.

It's Garner...

Let’s not write Garner off after one average game. Brooks gone last minute and most of our footy went the other side. Still looked dangerous running the ball, would’ve scored against other teams but Hunt is a really good defender.

"Reynolds being targeted"

Except for the fact that he is out of position. Targeting Reynolds is Stupid!
He had a target on his back all through Bulldogs life and is known as a gritty player.

Targetting him will not stop him doing his 1 pass per game.

@crazycat said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1132170) said:
"Reynolds being targeted"

Except for the fact that he is out of position. Targeting Reynolds is Stupid!
He had a target on his back all through Bulldogs life and is known as a gritty player.

Targetting him will not stop him doing his 1 pass per game.

Think you are being a bit hard on him. He 's a tough little bugger. Some other players if hit by Sims like he was, wouldn't have gotten up.

I've seen him plenty of times make countless passes in games. Think you may just have forgotten because of the few games he has played recently.

@hodgo said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131503) said:
@tigerbill said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131501) said:
@Jedi_Tiger said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131481) said:
no i think jennings is ok much better than last year

How so?

Going looking for work
130m on 13 runs
45 post contact meters
3 tackle busts
They are decent stats

Oh "the stats" say he's good. Must be true.

@tigerbill said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1132302) said:
@hodgo said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131503) said:
@tigerbill said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131501) said:
@Jedi_Tiger said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131481) said:
no i think jennings is ok much better than last year

How so?

Going looking for work
130m on 13 runs
45 post contact meters
3 tackle busts
They are decent stats

Oh "the stats" say he's good. Must be true.

So stats aren’t truthful?! Lol

I agree Garner was disappointing but you couldn't possibly relegate him after one game. He still has the same edge running potential but Brooks wasn't there to feed him opportunities. Same with Corey. He had a shocker last week but he was very solid all of last year and will be persisted with until Mbye returns, in which case he goes to the wing and AD to fullback.
Can't understand at all why Lawrence is on the bench ahead of Chee-Kam because he has one tenth the strike potential.

Disappointing.I was holding out for Momirovski to Centre, Doueihi to fullback and Thompson onto the wing. I hope Madge knows what he’s doing here, it looks like a foolish decision to me.

Final Team

1 Corey Thompson
2 David Nofoaluma
3 BJ Leilua
4 Adam Doueihi
5 Robert Jennings

6 Benji Marshall
7 Josh Reynolds

8 Josh Aloiai
9 Billy Walters
10 Alex Twal
11 Luciano Leilua