What a load of rubbish we're playing !!

gatorman

The quality of football the WT's have produced over the last month has been abysmal.

The strange thing is that we have won more than we have lost in this period when our quality, name players have not produced the goods.

Marshall, for the most part, looks like a turnstile standing there handing off the ball rather than setting up the play or devising an attacking raid. His kicking game has been nondescript and his penetration nearly nonesistant. Paid what he is I want more from the player for the money.

Farah has tried hard at times without the consistant skill that we know he has. Another one whose kicking game has been abysmal. Two good skills last night, the catch and pass and the kick that led to the try. Other than that …......

Big Red, coming back from injury now has to start showing some drive and line breaking. So far he has cantered into the line rather that attacking it with determination. Thought Kenny had it over him last night.

Sheens, continues his strange selection process. His refusing to purchase a 1/2 after losing Prince has cost this club dear. Don't understand his bench selections.
As a former frontrower I would have expected him to coach some skills into the forwards. Instead we continually have forwards angling back in at the markers, rarely breaking the advantage line and often finding 2 or 3 tackles pretty much as the same spot. So much for trying to make ground by running at gaps and supporting the ball carrier.

Lote, definately gone off the boil, has made quite a few errors in the last few weeks although the effort is there.

Have been impressed with our new fullback, Lawrence, Ellis and Heighington.

Not sure why we have not performed. The team has not responded to Sheens, a bad game here or there is expected, poor form over a month is just not good enough. The club needs to get to the bottom of it before we start running into the quality sides who will punish if we continue this rubbish.

@gatorman said:
The quality of football the WT's have produced over the last month has been abysmal.

The strange thing is that we have won more than we have lost in this period when our quality, name players have not produced the goods.

Marshall, for the most part, looks like a turnstile standing there handing off the ball rather than setting up the play or devising an attacking raid. His kicking game has been nondescript and his penetration nearly nonesistant. Paid what he is I want more from the player for the money.

Farah has tried hard at times without the consistant skill that we know he has. Another one whose kicking game has been abysmal. Two good skills last night, the catch and pass and the kick that led to the try. Other than that …......

Big Red, coming back from injury now has to start showing some drive and line breaking. So far he has cantered into the line rather that attacking it with determination. Thought Kenny had it over him last night.

Sheens, continues his strange selection process. His refusing to purchase a 1/2 after losing Prince has cost this club dear. Don't understand his bench selections.
As a former frontrower I would have expected him to coach some skills into the forwards. Instead we continually have forwards angling back in at the markers, rarely breaking the advantage line and often finding 2 or 3 tackles pretty much as the same spot. So much for trying to make ground by running at gaps and supporting the ball carrier.

Lote, definately gone off the boil, has made quite a few errors in the last few weeks although the effort is there.

Have been impressed with our new fullback, Lawrence, Ellis and Heighington.

Not sure why we have not performed. The team has not responded to Sheens, a bad game here or there is expected, poor form over a month is just not good enough. The club needs to get to the bottom of it before we start running into the quality sides who will punish if we continue this rubbish.

It is rare for ANY team to produce 26 rounds of fantastic consistent footy, ESPECIALLY the Tigers!! This IS good enough!!
What you fail to recognise is the team is playing below their capabilities and getting the points that matter.
The position the team finds themselves in is a blessing in disguise. I'd much rather the current outcome than if the team WAS playing to potential and coming away with losses like over the past four years!!

We have not been playing well but it is amazing the lift a team can get by winning the ugly ones. The opposite is true from losing the ugly ones. For example our second loss against the Roosters really broke our spirit a little.

That and remembering last season where we lost a good number of games for whatever reason while playing excellent football.

Getting to the finals and having the gear to step up is everything this year

I have been very critical over the past 4 seasons over our ability to handle close games. This season we have won the most games of any team by 1-12 points. That shows a bit of steel and grit if nothing else. The throw away line that the comp is rubbish means nothing, 3rd is 3rd doesn't matter whether the comp has 12 great sides or 2\. They deserve credit for getting these dirty, ugly wins in the middle of the season. No one is satisfied with the football we are playing. However win ugly, or lose pretty - after 4 years of one im quite happy to do the other every week. Any win is Brisbane on a heavy track is a good win.

Farah said about 8 weeks ago, stuff the process, just win. That is the new attitude and I like it. Win these dogfights. I have seen very average teams play boring, poor football most the season and finish 3rd or 4th. Maybe its our turn to do that and i won't whinge one bit if that happens.

I don't care about the finals, not yet. I just want my team to run out and me be satisfied that they can be competitive and consistent.

I felt that way in 05, and I felt that way toward the end of last year. I think we can make the finals, but with the attitude we have I don't think we will survive there very long.

Back