What are the chances of a Rout reversal?

triserratops

Can we possibly do the impossible 2 weeks in a row?

Can we not turn up and get smashed for one week then reverse the scoreline the week after?

My thoughts are in limbo at the moment regarding this match!
If I had to have a go, then I would say that we will go down to the knights but….......this is the WESTS TIGERS!
EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED- Isn't that our club motto???

What are your thoughts???

Sadly our problems appear to be ones which may take some time fixing. Usually you just flick a switch and we're on, this time i don't think it's that simple. We can win, no denying that but boy i'm not confident.

& if we do manage to fall over the line against a seriously understrength knights team will it actually be a bad thing and just hide the underlying problems and allow them to be ignored for another couple of months?

I can't see a role reversal. The Tigers have had a completion rate hovering around 65% for the last month and are regularly losing the possession battle in the game too. If the ball sticks to their hands like glue and they make the Knights come up with over 300 tackles, then by rights they should win. But yeah, the simple things like holding the ball and getting a good kick/chase in seem to be beyond the Tigers at the moment.

I'd like to think we can turn it around and win but …............. lets just hope :wink:

Tigers fans LIVE in hope - 2 premierships in the 45 years I've been supporting them. Without hope there is nothing….

Well if we can struggle to beat a reserve grade Newcastle that will give us the 2 points ..but I think the next 4 games after that are the money games for the 8 so I guess this week is a start ,will we know if the team is on song round 14 for mine.

If these blokes show us the ticker and skill that I know they have, and have seen them display,then I expect them to save some face and come out and smash Newcastle.

I will be dissapointed with anything less,but will take the win thank you.

Wait a minute guys, last night a vision came to me. A vision only god could of instilled in me. He showed me glimpses of this match against the knights. He showed me a slashing length of the field try by Lawrence. A Tuquiri bulldozing effort to score on the right hand side. A Farah double dummy and linebreak to score under the sticks, and a majic left foot step past some lazy defenders by Benji for a try. All these tries were converted by Benji unusually accurate right foot.

Amongst all this, he showed me a Tigers tight, fearless, aggressive and bust proof defence that only conceded one try off the boot of Rogers.

It will be a triumph to always remember.

@Novocastrian Tiger said:
Wait a minute guys, last night a vision came to me. A vision only god could of instilled in me. He showed me glimpses of this match against the knights. He showed me a slashing length of the field try by Lawrence. A Tuquiri bulldozing effort to score on the right hand side. A Farah double dummy and linebreak to score under the sticks, and a majic left foot step past some lazy defenders by Benji for a try. All these tries were converted by Benji unusually accurate right foot.

Amongst all this, he showed me a Tigers tight, fearless, aggressive and bust proof defence that only conceded one try off the boot of Rogers.

wow, i need what your on.

In my long career as a rugby league fan I have seen teams experience the loss of form which the WTs are experincing at the moment plenty of times before. Sometimes it doesn't take much to turn the corner but generally it takes quite a while. I think a lot hinges on how well we start and the bounce of the ball early on Friday. If things go our way early we might get away with this. But I really do fear that if the opposite happens, then season 2010 goes down the drain on Friday with another humiliating loss.

I just have this feeling in my stomach that the Tigers are going to turn it around this week. Either that or it's the Hamburger I had for lunch. :wink:

High I hope.

A win of 60 points to anything will be satisfactory
A win by the margin of 60 will be compensation for last week
A win will be less than satisfactory
A loss will be devastating even if its by a point.

@Novocastrian Tiger said:

Hi everyone
On the strength of this vision, even though you didn't say he was 1st try scorer, I put a bet on Lawrence to be 1st tryscorer - and Tigers to win by 1-12.

We'll wait and see.

Tigergran

They have to go right back to basics. Just grind out sets,nothing flash,get to the kick and pressure the knights. No cross field running, play direct and if when the confidence starts to come back than try a few things. Although I think it will take weeks to turn things around not five days

Every point in the wet is worth 3 in the dry so this result is good enough for me.

Back