What Are Your Favourite Venues To Watch NRL

C

Cobarcats

I live in Brisbane and watch the majority of games at either Suncorp Stadium or Cbus.
Suncorp is a world class facility and ticks all the boxes for me.
▪️Free buses to and from the venue
▪️Food and drink service is good, toilets lineups can be long so try to go before halftime.
▪️Access and getting out of stadium is usually easy, slow when full capacity.
The best seats for access in and out is on the western side however if you want to party on at the Caxton or in the city the eastern side or northern sides are best
▪️Viewing of ground is very good unless your right up high so worth getting in early to get a best seats.
My fav is gold seating western side, mid level.
At the Gold Coast I find catching a train is the way to go.
From the station it's about 5-10min walk to and from the stadium.
All the amenities are good as it's a very modern stadium. My favourite seats are the southern end mid level.

I'd love it if you girls and guys could give some comments on you fav stadiums or the ones you steer clear of because I'm travelling next year and will be watching heaps.
All states and territories as well 👍

There's many stadiums I haven't been to so I can only speak from my experience, but.....

I like central coast stadium, or whatever it's called these days.
I remember when it was "Blue Tongue Stadium".
Very nice venue.

Suncorp is the best I've ever been to though, it's amazing atmosphere and you can sense the history of the place.

Much like the more suburban grounds such as Leichardt & Belmore.

I love going to the NSW cup games at local fields too.

Been to all except Suncorp, Canberra ,GC, Storm, NQ or NZ.
Parramatta is the best I’ve been to, mates that have been to Suncorp say it the best RL ground in Australia .

Smaller venues: Leichardt Oval is the best, and Moreton Daily Stadium has excellent viewing, nice and close.

Larger: Lang Park probably the best (assuming you've got a good seat) and Bruce Stadium in Canberra (whatever it's called now).

never been to suncorp the one tine I went up there was a Broncos tiger rare Sunday game and thought I could get a walk up ticket lol all sold out
Dolphins stadium at Redcliffe looks good too

Smaller venues: Leichardt Oval is the best, and Moreton Daily Stadium has excellent viewing, nice and close.

Larger: Lang Park probably the best (assuming you've got a good seat) and Bruce Stadium in Canberra (whatever it's called now).
I used to love going to Bruce Stadium. Great atmosphere when the horn and Vikings clap gets going.
The only downside is when it cold there is not much shelter from icy winds.
On a nice day it's up there with the best for atmosphere.

Love to go to all the Queensland stadiums. Canberra stadium is ordinary. You’re pretty close to the action but there’s stuff all cover and the parking and transport is diabolical.

Used to enjoy Penrith before the upgrade - haven’t been there recently. Central Coast Stadium obviously is awesome.

The SEFTON playhouse, cold beer , strippers and footy in the pokies area, clever marketing.

There's only one 8th wonder of the world!
There again, I also like a ground with a bike track.

The older stadiums Leichhardt,Belmore and Brookvale,the modern none of them as they don't have the atmosphere or identity unless they are packed.My most hated would be every stadium that has been built next to pawwa leagues

I used to love going to Bruce Stadium. Great atmosphere when the horn and Vikings clap gets going.
The only downside is when it cold there is not much shelter from icy winds.
On a nice day it's up there with the best for atmosphere.
I have been there a few times and agree it can have a great atmosphere. I know it’s a corny song, but when you first hear them play The Green Machine at volume 100 over the loudspeaker…it makes the hairs on your neck stick up.

Best ground is Suncorp. Amazing footy stadium.
I really like the Melbourne stadium as well. If you’ve never been there, try it out.

I love Campbelltown Stadium, just wish we had more success and better crowds lately. AAMI park, Central Coast Stadium and Bruce Stadium are great too. Can’t wait to visit the new stadium in Townsville hopefully next year

I was born in Townsville so have been dying to get there. My Uncle lives in Kirwin so the old 1300 smiles stadium was real convenient for me, but if I’m heading up there I would much rather stay in the city and head to the new ground

Love Leichardt oval in the 60's the ground actually went 90 degrees different direction .These days like Comm Bank

Latest posts

Members online

Back