What do the players touch when they go down the tunnel?

If it's at Leichhardt there's a big Wests Tigers logo above the stairs.

spit, throw their paper cups on the ground, place their mouthguards in, imagine big hits and scoring tries and looke forward to the battle (and that is also what many of the crowd do at the same time??)

players from any team touch the wall thingy thats coming down from the ceiling when it's their home ground, it's like good luck or something.

i could do something really nasty with this thread title that would see me banished from here for ever but placed in the all time great posts aswell

@anderson silva said:
i could do something really nasty with this thread title that would see me banished from here for ever but placed in the all time great posts aswell

What a cop out…..

I thought there was a some motivational saying thats was meant to have been there for ages.

If you really want to know you should send a question in to NRL on Fox & Wayne Pearce will answer it… he knows leichardt like the back of his hand...

I've walked down the tunnel at Leichardt a couple of times but never paid attention to what it is that the players touch on the way down the tunnel.

Theres also a plaque dedicated to Laurie Nicholls but its on a side wall and they dont touch that.

If you really want to know you should send a question in to NRL on Fox & Wayne Pearce will answer it… he knows leichardt like the back of his hand...

Its already been answered in this thread.

@anderson silva said:

just come back with a new name and avatar. life's short - just do it. :mrgreen:

I thought it was to do with Beau Ryan's obsessive compulsive disorder, the players are always touching things because they know he then has too and the thing in the tunnel came from that. For example, KG used to jump up and hit the crossbar and everyone would laugh at Beau trying to touch it too, but he had to do it because thats what the disorder does to do.

@king sirro said:
I thought it was to do with Beau Ryan's obsessive compulsive disorder, the players are always touching things because they know he then has too and the thing in the tunnel came from that. For example, KG used to jump up and hit the crossbar and everyone would laugh at Beau trying to touch it too, but he had to do it because thats what the disorder does to do.

How about everyone touches the football over the tryline then….... :astonished:

Back