What is wrong with our club ?

earl

Simple question but I have no idea other than we are losers. I'm probably considered a loser. I don't have a flashy car or house or clothes and I support a dud team so no offense to anyone.

I'd like to try and understand what is wrong. I have an unsubstantiated opinion that we have been for a long while operating on a reduced budget and that has led to us not being able to attract and retain quality players. I think without the cattle no team will ever be successful in any professional sport.

Adding a post from another thread that was stupidly put into that thread by me.

Factually incorrect to blame it all on pascoe

We need facts and details. It comes across to me as a smear campaign. It's easy to do but no organization that is well managed would react to those weak opinions.

Why did our salary cap get so off course - coach and football operations did a shit job.
Why did we miss signing out on key players - because wests tigers are shit with shit coach
why did wests have 15 home grounds - signed by previous admin because we had no money
Why does water slip off a ducks back?

Add some details:-

Why did our salary cap get so off course - coach and football operations did a shit job. Cleary was allowed to purchase Josh Reynolds, Russel Packer and Moses Mbye as marquee players. On top of that didn't the club put in a recruitment committee to handle these situations. Isn't that why we don't have cap problems now ?
Why did we miss signing out on key players - because wests tigers are shit with shit coach. Who have we missed out on ? What are the details around those contracts. I can think of JAC and TPJ and maybe we didn't sign them due to the new processes actually being better. We've also signed IP and API who I personally think are much better signings. Why doesn't Melbourne ever sign a marquee player ? Is it about signing marquee players or are there other approaches to win ?
Why did wests have 15 home grounds - signed by previous admin because we had no money. Is this even an issue ? We don't get great support at either of home grounds and our performances there are just as bad. Factually this is a non issue.

I have no problems sacking the board or Pascoe or whoever. I just want to win more games but when you are managing projects there is a thing called noise and this sounds like noise.

Simple question but I have no idea other than we are losers. I'm probably considered a loser. I don't have a flashy car or house or clothes and I support a dud team so no offense to anyone.

I'd like to try and understand what is wrong. I have an unsubstantiated opinion that we have been for a long while operating on a reduced budget and that has led to us not being able to attract and retain quality players. I think without the cattle no team will ever be successful in any professional sport.
Your perception is also the perception of the best rugby league players in the world. Whether it’s just perception or reality, that’s up for debate.

We need facts and details. It comes across to me as a smear campaign. It's easy to do but no organization that is well managed would react to those weak opinions.

Why did our salary cap get so off course - coach and football operations did a shit job. Cleary was allowed to purchase Josh Reynolds, Russel Packer and Moses Mbye as marquee players. On top of that didn't the club put in a recruitment committee to handle these situations. Isn't that why we don't have cap problems now ?
Why did we miss signing out on key players - because wests tigers are shit with shit coach. Who have we missed out on ? What are the details around those contracts. I can think of JAC and TPJ and maybe we didn't sign them due to the new processes actually being better. We've also signed IP and API who I personally think are much better signings. Why doesn't Melbourne ever sign a marquee player ? Is it about signing marquee players or are there other approaches to win ?
Why did wests have 15 home grounds - signed by previous admin because we had no money. Is this even an issue ? We don't get great support at either of home grounds and our performances there are just as bad. Factually this is a non issue.

I have no problems sacking the board or Pascoe or whoever. I just want to win more games but when you are managing projects there is a thing called noise and this sounds like noise.

The board CAN NOT be sacked,i am not saying that they are the only problem but they are the one constant in the many years of abysmal failure.
In an ideal world you could remove them and then we could tell just how responsible they are for our continual failure (If at all).

Just think with pascoe which might sound like a contradiction.

Pascoe really just needs to get his footy operations firing for his brand.

His done well on the balance sheet but next step for him is winning some games. He's really done it all except this main step.

Footy staff is key for him. Otherwise like the madge era he has nothing to sell to the players or coaches.

If he can get the right people in and turn the results around it gives him some leverage to sell.

Going after latrell was so naive what do we have to offer him? Lee, pascoe, madge and his assistants. They should of knew it was never going to happen. I don't think they realise how bad they look to outsiders.

The board CAN NOT be sacked,i am not saying that they are the only problem but they are the one constant in the many years of abysmal failure.
In an ideal world you could remove them and then we could tell just how responsible they are for our continual failure (If at all).

This is something that I was thinking. The board consists of mostly Wests members and I think even more so Wests Ashfield board members.

Is this how other rugby league clubs operate ? I doubt may successful sports organizations are run that way.

His done well on the balance sheet but next step for him is winning some games. He's really done it all except this main step.

This here makes me think we are actually well managed. I'm serious as well. It appears we are playing a game where it's all against us but the club management via getting the COE up and investing into juniors are doing all they can under the circumstances to turn it around.

Soprano the GODFATHER wants 4 Steedens to be dropped of at the rear of the cOe car park.HURRY UP come get me and keep your mouth shut. You don’t want a contract hanging over your head like paws.

Simple question but I have no idea other than we are losers. I'm probably considered a loser.
Your not a loser mate just an intelligent supporter who is clutching at straws trying to understand how this train wreck happened and why it's taken so long to fix.
You've highlighted issues that have been rehashed over and over on the forum which indicates the WT supporter's morale is at an all time low.
Hopefully Earl, we all can look back in years to come and give a sigh of relief.

This here makes me think we are actually well managed. I'm serious as well. It appears we are playing a game where it's all against us but the club management via getting the COE up and investing into juniors are doing all they can under the circumstances to turn it around.
It took him 6 years to realise we should invest in juniors. That tells me he has no idea. And I also suspect that the lack of funding to the juniors was a way to run the business at a profit.

Bad reputation with no money and shit facilities in the past, bad switch over from Ivan to Madge including signing some players who needed a soft touch, injuries to key players (at least cap-wise), press and losses sapping some players confidence.

With a half-decent coach and a little good luck we'll be better next season.

Where to begin?

A squad mostly full of ineffective and lazy plodders that people seem to love and defend no matter what.

A board that includes an ex musician with ketamine-induced brain rot and an egotistical clown who can’t go 5 minutes without putting his name in the press and has cost us good player signings.

A toxic culture first established by the old boys club that actively encourages laziness and a lack of accountability.

The reanimated corpse of the old boys club that idiots on here want to bring back by appointing sheens as coach and making benji and Robbie assistants. The same boys club that played a big part in putting us in the shit position we’re in now.

The consistent laying of all the blame for the teams woes on coaches instead of where it belongs.

Take your pick

Where to begin?

A squad mostly full of ineffective and lazy plodders that people seem to love and defend no matter what.

A board that includes an ex musician with ketamine-induced brain rot and an egotistical clown who can’t go 5 minutes without putting his name in the press and has cost us good player signings.

A toxic culture first established by the old boys club that actively encourages laziness and a lack of accountability.

The reanimated corpse of the old boys club that idiots on here want to bring back by appointing sheens as coach and making benji and Robbie assistants. The same boys club that played a big part in putting us in the shit position we’re in now.

The consistent laying of all the blame for the teams woes on coaches instead of where it belongs.

Take your pick
I pick all of the above.
You’ve got a way with words BP.

Where to begin?

Take your pick
Correct answer: All of the above.

Latest posts

Back