What song are you listening to?

I don’t mind stealing bread from the mouths of decedance. Great song

Just heard Evan Dandos “outdoor type” on a car commercial.:sob:

@TCL said:
I don’t mind stealing bread from the mouths of decedance.

but I can't feed on the powerless when my cups already overfilled

Great cover of Mrs Robinson. It was inspiration for a cover band I was in for while, we punked up older songs and songs from that era that were softer. We played a few 21st back in the day.

Funny thing is it was Evan Dando singing outdoor type but I think it was written by an Aussie bloke.

Some of the greatest lyrics from that generation. And that imo is saying something cause a lot of the songs of that era were deep.

Funny thing is before that I thought the lyrics from Van Halen’s Hot for teacher were the best lyrics I’d ever heard:joy:

@TCL said:
It was inspiration for a cover band I was in for while, we punked up older songs and songs from that era that were softer.

I find that quite interesting, I was in a cover band that did heavy versions of punk songs, this like Britney Spears as heavy rock songs.

Cornell's lyrics mean so much to me, I can't go past "Look like California but feel like Minnesota" That is my favourite lyric of all time.

Yeah that would have been a bit work for you, the ones that we all enjoyed playing most were Beatles “hard days night” and Huey Lewis “hip to be square”

@TCL said:
Yeah that would have been a bit work for you, the ones that we all enjoyed playing most were Beatles “hard days night” and Huey Lewis “hip to be square”

Yeah, we made it fun though. The rest of the night was spent playing 90's heavy rock with the odd original thrown in. We did a nice beefed up version of Ice Ice Baby that I always enjoyed.

decadents:+1: Not sure - but I think Chris Cornell got that word wrong - thoughts?:grin:

@Doc_Tiger said:
I’m with you Cochise. For me, the lyrics to Mailman knocks it out of the park.

The new sadness that many of his lyrics took on after his death still hit me, I just listened to Mailman for the 1st time in a long time and it just about broke me.

It could be decedents, I’ve never read any offical lyrics or it could just be the way he pronounces it when singing.

But either way the meaning is clear and probably more so today. With people being for more self indulgent now then they have ever been. I blame the modern day decedents like the kardashians who push their decendence onto society.

The world is at a precipice, in fact we have been running towards this cliff for sometime and my fear is that we are about to run straight off the edge and take selfie and post it on Snapchat while doing it. Yesterday’s events are what I’m talking about.

Back