What's In The Media ~ Other Than Footy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stigma is hard to shake.
My grandad abused all Asians until he passed on, even though the extreme vast majority he interacted with weren’t Japanese.
You're right mate, stigma and stereo types are hard to shake, I'm sure most of us are guilty of it to some extent and judge people on how they look, what they wear etc.

This guy was wearing an Australian rugby league jersey and most would consider someone like that to be non threatening even patriotic and very Australian, unfortunately his actions were not.

I’ve been living in a hole all day, just learnt of this attack, absolute piece of trash.
Kudos to that courageous bloke on the escalator who was stopping him with the bollard. Likely saved lives.
6 dead, 8 in hospital…and for what?
Tucker. I was in the hole too just to let you know. Tragedy on our doorstep. So sad.

Tangential, but in regards to the female police officer; who went from CPR on one of the teenage girls, to chasing and eliminating the threat, to performing CPR on him, to immediately evacuating others post; an almost unimaginable level of courage and bravery.

That woman deserves every damn accolade possible.

The very definition of a hero.
Australian of the year easily. A true hero and amazing human

This may be inappropriate but I'm an old bastard so I'll say it anyway.

What has happened to Australian men that it was left to a tourist with a bollard to take on that skinny streak of misery with a knife.
I'm not talking about blokes who were there with their kids but it was a busy Saturday so there must've been a heap of men there by themselves or with mates.
Why did nobody crash tackle the POS. from behind. It was a frickin knife not a weapon of mass destruction. If a group of blokes smashed him there would've only been pne or two casualties.

Haven't we learned from a'holes crashing planes that as a group we have to attack them , not run away.

What has happened to Australian men that it was left to a tourist with a bollard to take on that skinny streak of misery with a knife.
I'm not talking about blokes who were there with their kids but it was a busy Saturday so there must've been a heap of men there by themselves or with mates.
Why did nobody crash tackle the POS. from behind. It was a frickin knife not a weapon of mass destruction. If a group of blokes smashed him there would've only been pne or two casualties.

Haven't we learned from a'holes crashing planes that as a group we have to attack them , not run away.
What planes???? When the US air force took a holiday on 9/11?

The initial stabbings happened very quickly, and there would have been confusion amongst the carnage.

There were a group of men that started to chase him down when they realised what was happening.

But in the end you can't make a difference if you're dead.

The initial stabbings happened very quickly, and there would have been confusion amongst the carnage.

There were a group of men that started to chase him down when they realised what was happening.

But in the end you can't make a difference if you're dead.
You can when you are alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back