Where is our team at at the moment?

ToddSanchez

I think the general feeling among the supporter base, pundits and fans of other clubs was that our performance against the Cowboys had been been brewing for about a month now.

Would be interesting to get some thoughts and feelings moving forward.

My big takeaways were

- Luke Brooks played to the top of his potential. He doesn’t often do this but when he does he deserves the plaudits. He could play 70% as good as he played against the Cowboys each week and I think we’d be a fair chance of making the 8. A lot of his play looked like it was confidence based given how eyes/heads up it was. Have we got the message right? Can he replicate it moving forward?

- Do we finally have a top 8 pack by league standards. We rate it as fans - is it there objectively? Its clear from the pre and post game comments from the Cowboys that they took us very seriously. I haven’t heard people talk about a Wests Tigers pack like that for a long time

- Toa, Bula, Tupou - is this the nucleus of our backline for the next 5 years? Where do Brooks, Wakeham and Nofa fit in? If they play cohesively like they did on the weekend are they a potential top 8 (7th/8th spot maximum) backline?

- Togetherness - these players are playing for each other. It is obvious in the broadcast. What can we do for the rest of the season?

- Specifics on players - what are we loving in individual players in the way we’ve played over the last month? My two special mentions - David Klemmer - has been immense. Taking tough carries, making effective tackles, leaving it all out there. Alex Twal - pushing up on the ruck with leg speed! He looks a transformed player. What are we loving in other players?

Would be great to get everyone’s thoughts and opinions. This is the best start to a week I’ve had in years.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back