Where is the forward signings?

system

Why is the club signing backs and not Fowards?
Or even more specific a Prop
We have back rowers and backs coming out our ears, we need Props.
If we got some real meter eaters, there wouldn't be much more we needed in our team.

I also get a feeling that the last two signings have been a desperate act, of signing SOMEONE to please us supporters so it looks like there acctually trying to make 2010 a different year…

I would have thought that signing forwards would be a priority. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised over the coming weeks when they sign a few. Hopefully good ones.

@NJLM78 said:
I would have thought that signing forwards would be a priority. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised over the coming weeks when they sign a few. Hopefully good ones.

Who knows, we may we just be about to sign a front rower. We don't have a whole lot of cash up our sleeve though so the club is somewhat limited in the player market.

I get the feeling, that in regards to signing big boppa's and conserving cash, the club will sign and promote from within. Woods, Fifita Bros., Pulu etc. Some big props coming through.

@AmericanHistoryX said:
yes, 2 big props would be nice, plus Inu and Finch. that'd keep me content over the festive season.

:laughing:

is there no salary cap in 2010?

@Tigerdale said:
@AmericanHistoryX said:
yes, 2 big props would be nice, plus Inu and Finch. that'd keep me content over the festive season.

:laughing:

is there no salary cap in 2010?

Surely if there is no cap we would sign better then that but then again this is the Tigers we are talking about we could have an unlimited cap and would still buy from Vinnies

Just a hunch & probably wrong but with two of our players going to the sharks,i have a feeling one of there big men are going to come our way.Hope im right cause they have some big boys in their squad
But if we fail to sign a prop for 2010 it would be very disapointing.
We have a couple coming through but we need an established player.
Shirnak,Fifita,Gower,Woods are all decent prospects but they need developing
Galloway took 2-3 seasons to come along.We cant afford to wait that long

at the end of last season, we were told a mystery prop would be signed.
to me the only mystery is WHY DON'T WESTS-TIGERS SIGN A PROP.
:smiling_imp:
not happy jan!!!!!!!!!!! :imp: :imp: :imp:
\
\

There are some good young guys comming through, are there any realy good props on the market maybe sam burges. could be that ellis could be a prop i car,nt see anyone out there any better and we do have a wealth of second rowers and locks. This weeks team has included simon dwyer this could be the start of blooding some contenders wedont other teams rejects

@TbarTiger said:
We need something!! Todd Payten is not a prop!!!!!

He isn't a backrower either.

I think he can play prop if we have a bunch of props / forwards that get us going forward and he offers some variety. This year though he has beeen terrible.

@tiger05 said:
@TbarTiger said:
We need something!! Todd Payten is not a prop!!!!!

He isn't a backrower either.

I think he can play prop if we have a bunch of props / forwards that get us going forward and he offers some variety. This year though he has beeen terrible.

Isn't a backrower…please

I'm a huge fan of Todd...yes his form has been way down on previous seasons but gee whiz some people are harsh and have short memories...
Payten is a leader no coincidence our slide started last year with his 13 week hammy injury....

The big Hombre will come good again you'll see...

Back