Wheres our forwards leg speed?

ron_burgandy

do we have the slowest softest running pack in the comp? seemed like they had cement boots on today….

maybe i critique our team a bit more then others but gee it seems our props are so slow and dont hit the line with impact.....

IMO we missed fifitas impact off the bench today

Galloway came straight back in and had an impact. Ellis also has an impact. Dwyer looks like has has that ability.

Heighno was great.

Gibbs may be a little slower but for a prop he is real good. Payten doesn't have good leg speed but his defence is real good.

I think your being a little harsh.

I really think Royce wore them out during the warmup. They were seriously out there for about 30mins before the game and were doing plenty of sprints etc.

I think it showed by the end of the first half. Ellis couldn't even finish.

I really hope the coaches don't do that again to the fellas.

@tiger05 said:
Galloway came straight back in and had an impact. Ellis also has an impact. Dwyer looks like has has that ability.

Heighno was great.

Gibbs may be a little slower but for a prop he is real good. Payten doesn't have good leg speed but his defence is real good.

I think your being a little harsh.

i dont think i am….TBH we seem slow and not just today but most the time, we just seemed to lack the impact and ability to bend their line when our big fellas take it up they really got a touch up today

I need to give Moors some wraps here.

I don't know if it was the game plan today, but we seemed to be spreading it two or three wide of the ruck each play, rather than one out hit it up style. I think this was our downfall. We made sweet f all ground. Moors was the only one running straight n hard.

No way man. Heighington and Ellis are damn quick for big men. Galloway is slow but it takes them ten minutes to pull him down. Gibbs and Galloway coming back on for the last part of the game won us the game.

Fowards were very poor today.

Especially the front rowers, Christ knows why Sheens put Galloway in the team. It seemed very clear to me that his confidence was down and that he was trying to take as little hit-ups as possible. Gibbs, ever reliable in defense, but again he doesn't run at the line with any conviction or aggression and runs from the likes of him really meant that we had no 'go foward', barely getting over the advantage line.

I can't blame Ellis or Heigno though, those two are usually the two who make good metres every week

I think some people bnneed to read what the original poster is trying to say. Our forwards as a whole do have pretty average leg speed. Look at canberras pack. when they get the ball and run at the line you think 'wow hes really charging onto it', and as saresult they make really good metres. When our forwards run (other than ellis , fifita and moors) when they run at the line you really know there not going to bend it. fulton, gibbs, payten, heighno, flanagan (accept when we get a quick play the ball and he will run at a defender runnig back)

The tigers were up against the biggest pack in the comp, they used so much petrol defending their was not much in the tank when it was time to attack. Maxwell slowed the play the balls down to such a slow pace it played into the bigger Canberra's packs hand. We needed a quick play ball to be able to expose the raiders bigger men but Maxwell let both teams slow the game down.

Moors was good seemed to be the only one going forward when we really were struggling. Got to give a rap to the Raiders pack they ran harder and tackled harder than us all day, they must wonder what they have to do to get a win.

I agree that Gibbs and Galloway looked a bit slow today, Galloway is going to take a few weeks to wind up again while Gibbs has been one of the best this season but was a bit down in attack today. I think the Tigers warm up can sometimes take it's toll too, they do get stuck into it more than other teams I have seen.

Back