Who can make a quality banner?

It's not aimed at the team.
& if you think we should support our coach then maybe he should:
a - do something worth supporting
b - not take cheap shots at the fans who love and support this club

I'll make it

I cant attend all that many games though.

I just came into possesion of some rather large pieces of material, like I said in the ''send a message thread'' I'll be making a few smaller banners maybe the size of 2 towels that can easily be held up quickly at games, and just as easily folded up and put away - stay tuned

What a great initiative! I love it….....
\
\
Please organise this...I would love to see it at the games.

Great banner...it would look awesome...but u have to do it before the next home game so the novelty doesnt wear off.

@Staks said:
I've got left over crayons and some A4 paper if that helps.

[![](http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5818/like1.th.jpg)](http://img88.imageshack.us/i/like1.jpg/)

Uploaded with [ImageShack.us](http://imageshack.us)

Not this again…

And Sheens said this time ..SOME of the fans well they call themselves fans...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27156654-5018866,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cuzzo wrote it
He wouldnt still be in a job if that was the case

http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=20020" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll be the first to say my memory's not the best but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing and hearing sheens say the first 'so-called fans' line in the TV interview immediately post match. Last game of Morris' career with the Tiges from memory when he'd actually filled in at halfback and had a half decent game there. I remember it fairly clearly because on hearing it I absolutely hit the roof. I still hadn;t filled in my 'members feedback form' (it was after the due date for whatever the competition was), or whatever it was, and took great joy in filling it in straight away.

So unless he's actually a ventriloquists dummy (which would mean a lot of things make sense…) it's pretty difficult to blame that on someone else.

Also I posted about it in the old forum so if anyone has access to that you might be able to find my post & the ensuing discussion regarding it.

@Kul said:
no no, what I meant is that didn't someone say that Sheens said that he actually DIDN'T say what was reported in the first article.

Then, this latest article also doesn't have an author noted, just the AAP tag, hence it's possible that the ABC article was in fact something submitted by Cuzzo.
And if the first Morris article was (as proposed but not proved) a crafty job on the go, then this current one could also be a bit dodgey.

This is just an idea based on loose assumptions and has no credible basis behind it, but I just find it hard to see Sheens willing to state something like that… twice!

Long bow.
Youre right, theres no credible basis behind it
http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=20020" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fitzy blitzes fans in the proper forum
**BEN HORNE**
May 22, 2010 - 12:44PM

AAP

Rugby league fans on forums can be harsher than judges on reality TV, but Wests Tigers veteran Daniel Fitzhenry is targeted more than almost any other player in the NRL.

Even when he was a premiership player at the Tigers in 2005, Fitzhenry copped a pasting from supporters, and things have only gotten worse this season since he returned from the English Super League.

Every week on Tigers websites he is blasted as "pathetic" and belittled as being Tim Sheens's "love child".

But as his match-winning performance against Newcastle on Friday night would attest, he has always been a class act.

Despite the constant hate mail he receives on the net, the backline utility has played more than 100 first grade games and in atrocious conditions at EnergyAustralia Stadium, played a courageous role at fullback in a make-or-break game for the Tigers.

In pouring rain and driving wind, Fitzhenry had the toughest job of all at the back.

He defused of a number of towering kicks that saved his side from a fifth-straight defeat.

"I don't read the forums, there's always someone who's got something bad to say about me," he said.

"I think everyone goes through that. But I just do my job and I feel like I'm part of the team and that's it. I don't read them so I don't really care.

"(The weather on Friday night) was just one of those things. The ball is going to be slippery and they're going to test you out. You've just got to do your best, I was lucky it went my way.

"Taking some of those kicks was important. I drop the ball there and they get another set on our line."

Sheens said supporters who continually attack Fitzhenry were put to shame as the makeshift No.1 lodged in his claim for a permanent posting at fullback.

"Fitzhenry had a great game at the back, he's been criticised heavily amongst fans, who call themselves fans. They give him plenty, but you try and catch a ball in that (Friday's conditions), he did great," Sheens said.

"Fitzhenry took a ball there that I don't think too many would, one of those high balls with the wind behind the kicker. It was a screamer and he swallowed it."

After two years with Hull KR in England, Fitzhenry returned to Tigertown hoping his experience could help Wests to their first final series since 2005.

Rumours during the week suggested Canberra were interested in his services for next year, but Fitzhenry said he hasn't spoken to anyone.

He's hoping the Tigers have now put their embarrassing loss to South Sydney behind them and, whether it's at fullback or elsewhere, the 30-year-old is determined to see Wests build together back-to-back wins.

"Especially at this time of year. If you want to make a run to the semis, you've got to start getting back to back wins," he said.

© 2010 AAP

the byline writer is BEN HORNE of AAP!

see below link:

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/fitzy-blitzes-fans-in-the-proper-forum-20100522-w2kd.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't think a sign like that is a good idea. We can vent all we like in the forum and on discussion boards before and after games. during Home games you try and create a good atmosphere where the opposition and the refs feel uncomfortable and the players are lifted. Im as guilty as anyone of heckling certain players during a game when frustrated, or when losing badly, however by in large you go to the game with good intentions, the intention of supporting the side.

The sign would be a bad idea as it would just wind up Sheens even more. He seems clearly distracted by what fans have to say on internet forums, which to me is a worry. So this would make him even more distracted and put him under even more pressure. I don't particularly like Sheens, however i still want the team to go well, and winning our home games at our spiritual grounds will be vital in the run in.

@Geo. said:
Not this again…

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27156654-5018866,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LOL you think that makes it better?

by him saying that all it does is suggest that only people who agree with him and dont critisize are true fans, make no difference geo, bottom line is he was out of line insulting the people who pay his wage, as a paying customer we have the right to critisize.

Imagine if you go to woolworths and complain that a piece of food you brought from there was out of date and gave you food poisoning and the manager comes out and says that you were wrong and have no right to critisize woolworths even though they did sell you off food.

just doesnt look good for buisness….

Gee Ron you like to carry on….show me where I said it makes it better....

Seems to me the only one's arrrking up at the swipe at the fans are those that vilify Fitzherny....

Not those that critisize his form or worth....

Perhaps you should read the article again...

@ron burgandy said:
@Geo. said:
Not this again…

LOL you think that makes it better?

by him saying that all it does is suggest that only people who agree with him and dont critisize are true fans, make no difference geo, bottom line is he was out of line insulting the people who pay his wage, as a paying customer we have the right to critisize.

Imagine if you go to woolworths and complain that a piece of food you brought from there was out of date and gave you food poisoning and the manager comes out and says that you were wrong and have no right to critisize woolworths even though they did sell you off food.

just doesnt look good for buisness….

Woolworths wouldn't mind if your complaint was reasonable and based on fact. If you came down to the shop holding a sign saying the store manager was a disease on the Woolworths organisation I think they'd tell you to go away or call the police.

Back