Will Brooks be named in the 7 today?

Will Brooks be named in the 7 jumper today?

• Yes

Votes: 65 79.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 20.7%

• Total voters
I think that’s one of the issues between people who are labeled “pro brooks” and others who just want him gone.

It’s very easy to say “punt him” and just live in fairly land.

he has a contract, expiring at the end of the year. How do you negotiate him to go somewhere else without it affecting your cap, resign someone else with that loss of cap space, entice that person to come to a wooden spoon team, have that person either not contracted or be able to get out of that contract be able to negotiate that contract quick enough with a player manager and keep the squad within a cap whilst also approved by the NRL and cap auditor to sign off on that contract.

All with everything you hear being speculation around contract details.

I’ll happily listen to people who have realistic options. Even better utilising people we have within our squad. But those who offer no alternative or that just play fantasy football I find very boring very quickly.

Personally I’d be keeping him in the squad to the end of the year and just wouldn’t offer an extension.

Wakeham in the 7, hope that someone puts some kind of hand up to take brooks spot. AD, Laurie aren’t exactly putting their hand up. I’d be more inclined to rotate Simpkin through the 6 from the bench.

“I think most can see regardless of the shirt number Wakeham is playing a 7 brooks a 6 primarily splitting the field left and right.”
I am absolutely certain that Simpkin could be developed into an outstanding little 7/6 player .. he has all the skill requirements, both a running and a passing game as well as a kicking game and the kid is game as hell .. give him a go

Every contract can be renegotiated or paid out so it's just not true to say that the club has no choice but to stick with Sheens or Benji. It would cost them a lot of money to do so which reflects the absolute madness of what they actually did but we just can't afford to double down on a mistake if it's clearly not working. For the avoidance of doubt that time is not now but at some point that call may have to be made if it's quite clear that things are not improving.
That call can't be made until after Benji gets a run. Sheens is just holding it for him anyway.

A verbal agreement isn't worth the paper it's written on.
A contract is a contract.
Depends on the circumstances and number of witnesses as to the strength of it.
Whatever type of organisation you’re part of, you can be fiercely competitive and also have your competitors speak highly of your organisation.

I am absolutely certain that Simpkin could be developed into an outstanding little 7/6 player .. he has all the skill requirements, both a running and a passing game as well as a kicking game and the kid is game as hell .. give him a go

I love a long shot, but I just can't see how someone who came through as a 9 would make a good NRL 7 out of nowhere.

Wakeham has some natural flare to him, all he has to do is stay involved and execute his kicking well and we can win some games and move forward.

A contract is a contract.
Depends on the circumstances and number of witnesses as to the strength of it.
Whatever type of organisation you’re part of, you can be fiercely competitive and also have your competitors speak highly of your organisation.
Didn’t we have a terms of agreement or something for other blokes that fell through?

Didn’t we have a terms of agreement or something for other blokes that fell through?
Yeh, the HOA with Addo Carr didn’t work well did it? That was a case of a player not wanting to join a club and the club insisting he join. 😂
Here we have a player (Brooks) who was coerced into not taking up a contract with another club on the understanding that he would get a contract in writing with his existing club. It doesn’t seem fair and reasonable to now withdraw that verbal contract. If Brooks sued for loss of income it would be interesting?

Sheens knows how to deal with flak.... "I don't want to talk about it, I only want to talk about the game"
Twice in 4 weeks now
Then proceeded to talk about it by saying the club needs an experienced 7, have moved players on mid-season ('happens all the time') etc etc. He didn't win that one.

Then proceeded to talk about it by saying the club needs an experienced 7, have moved players on mid-season ('happens all the time') etc etc. He didn't win that one.
Classic media training - the pollies do it best.

Oh thank you for that question, I'm not going to talk about that but I can tell you how great Wests Tigers are.

The other thing we don't get is the full story as the jounos just cut the sound bite that fits their story selling narrative - even if it is completely out of context.

Latest posts

Members online

Back