WT media still pedestrian

tigerap

The club media dept, in my view, is still pretty pedestrian, despite improvements in other areas.

Have a watch and listen to the 2 interviews after yesterday’s game that are up on the WT website, fair dinkum the interviewer sounds like a 10 yo, and her questions are as shallow as a wading pool. Surely they can find someone who can do a 1minute interview...

Today, as a WT member, I received an email titled “join us in round 25”.... it promoted purchasing tickets to what is already a sold out game on Sunday and it also had a “game day info” page/link that is a broken page (page not found 404)...

Pretty poor from our media department.

@tigerap

Good to give feedback to the club so they can address things ...

You are correct Tigerap - whoever the interviewer is - hopeless. almost the same questions in both interviews.

If you are not going to do the exercise properly, don't do it at all.

@tigerap said in [WT media still pedestrian](/post/1057674) said:
fair dinkum the interviewer sounds like a 10 yo, and her questions are as shallow as a wading pool

Not only that, she didn't listen to the answers so that she asked questions that had already been answered. She obviously memorised the questions and was determined to ask them even if the previous answer had made them redundant.

Amateur hour.

I guess if the team is winning, there has to be something else we can be outraged about...

@weststigerman said in [WT media still pedestrian](/post/1057730) said:
I guess if the team is winning, there has to be something else we can be outraged about…

No, it's not that. And I'm not outraged - just disappointed.

I believe that WT management has become more professional. All the indications are that we are a better managed club, and improving; for example, our maiden profit. But then we get this, which is clearly sub standard.

It can't be too hard to get someone to ask sensible questions of the players, and to listen to their answers.

Probably someone's cousin or niece doing it for free.

Hopefully soon the CEO might come out of hiding , considering the club wants members to roll over next season shortly nothing from the club .. nothing ! Says a lot about the professionalism of the organisation ...to be frank very POOR!

Hold your fire people .... hold your fire.

I agree that things in that area have not improved since Go left. However her strengths and priorities in managing this club seemed to me to be more focused in a different direction and communication was one of them.

The fact that Pascoe and Cleary were so close made it easier to produce things like regular CEO-coach video updates etc.
I believe that both Madge and our new Chairman are much more conservative in that regard.

Their belief may be to work on things in the background and not show your colours to the playing group, the media and the fans at large until the time is right.

They are smart operators ..... say what you like about high profile politicians and their abilities but believe me most people would poo in their pants when faced with the day to day issues they need to resolve and media they have to del with and handle.

And observing how Madge conducts himself with the media he knows:-

- to be weary of them from past experience and

- that it’s a very short journey between managing and having a solid organisation under his control and having a rabble though few stories by Kent’s and Rothfield’s of this world.

@momo_amp_medo said in [WT media still pedestrian](/post/1057772) said:
The fact that Pascoe and Cleary were so close made it easier to produce things like regular CEO-coach video updates etc.

It would be cool if Pascoe and Madge got on and did one of those videos where they answer supporter questions. They've both got grey beards now and look like they are aging rapidly, it would do a world of good to take some time to be jovial and show a fun side of the club.

Those videos were great, if somewhat tempered by the eventual back-stabbing by Ivan, smiling all the while.

For what ever reason the club has taken a very low profile since Pascoe was railroaded by the NRL. You would have to think this is a calculated action. Can not think why, but if the football team is winning they can do as they please

Would imagine it's Caitlyn who works with Dan in the media and marketing team?

I haven't seen the content but i can understand the club giving a new person some experience doing different tasks towards the end of the season. Many of us would be nervous going on camera to thousands of people.

But if that's her role and it was happening on a more regular basis i'd be a bit more concerned.

@jirskyr said in [WT media still pedestrian](/post/1057780) said:

It would be cool if Pascoe and Madge got on and did one of those videos where they answer supporter questions. They've both got grey beards now and look like they are aging rapidly, it would do a world of good to take some time to be jovial and show a fun side of the club.

Those videos were great, if somewhat tempered by the eventual back-stabbing by Ivan, smiling all the while.

Pascoe has been very, very quiet.

@Newtown said in [WT media still pedestrian](/post/1057888) said:
@jirskyr said in [WT media still pedestrian](/post/1057780) said:

Pascoe has been very, very quiet.

It wouldn't be a bad call if they took some tasks off his desk. Those CEO / coach videos never told us much anyway.

Had high hopes we were going to be one of the more engaging clubs after the pre-season show we had on Foxtel the other year. Now we barely get injury reports. I watch a lot of NFL, in particular the Cowboys.
Their in house media are constantly engaging the fans through social media, the club website and weekly podcasts, even producing their own documentaries. I know it’s a different beast but its great the way it is done.
There is news, discussion and insight yet it’s also not a propaganda machine (they do remain tight lipped on info sensitive to the club). As a result I don’t need to look at any media outlets to find out what’s going on with the team. Wish the tigers could find a way to operate in a similar vein.

@BalmainJnr They probable have nothing to say , let’s face it nothing changes in Tiger town ... next season is just ground hog day .. I would like something to be laid out for the coming season before the roll over date comes around for memberships not much to ask!

Good and the bad. The videographer is awesome. Some of the compilations and camera work are top shelf

@Snake said in [WT media still pedestrian](/post/1057986) said:
@BalmainJnr They probable have nothing to say , let’s face it nothing changes in Tiger town ... next season is just ground hog day .. I would like something to be laid out for the coming season before the roll over date comes around for memberships not much to ask!

Maybe their focus at the moment is about trying to reach the finals and we will here more about future plans once the season is done and dusted.

@balmain-boy If I'm not mistaken she is a "free" media student intern - they offer a place or two each year - "cheap" labour and offers students some experience
but I agree, it was pretty weak and unprofessional IMHO

@dazza65 said in [WT media still pedestrian](/post/1058371) said:
@balmain-boy If I'm not mistaken she is a "free" media student intern - they offer a place or two each year - "cheap" labour and offers students some experience
but I agree, it was pretty weak and unprofessional IMHO

Can somebody give me an internship ? I promise we’ll become a powerhouse overnight...

Back