WT's forwards lack skill !!!!

I just wish sheensy would utilise his bench, instead of leaving players sitting there all night, Dwyer only got 15 minute and I believe Fitzy never got on. What waste of fresh bodies.

I can see where you are coming from. There were a few sets where we made 10m in 3 play. We started one of these sets on our 40m line and ended up kicking on the 4th 40m out from their line. A good set with ball in hand could have seen the boys attempt a much more attacking kick.

I thought the lack of an extra half hurt big-time. When they were defending on their line well, Marshall would make a play before a settler nothing play was needed so Benji could get himself organised. Lawrence ran the ball well but his passing was lacking polish. I thought the runners could have supported him better as well.

Running back in is also an attempt to compress the defense in, giving us more room for when we spread to the edges later in the set….its not mindless as someone put it

@innsaneink said:
Running back in is also an attempt to compress the defense in, giving us more room for when we spread to the edges later in the set….its not mindless as someone put it

This is what they are obviously doing…

@Kaiser said:
@innsaneink said:

This is what they are obviously doing…

Spot on. it doesn't look pretty or sensible on tv but if you can get the defence to compress, even by a metres or so, you create extra room out wide. And running at the same forward again and again tires them out so robbie or someone else can take a run from dummy half.

I think we are very structured in most games. Players like Bryce Gibbs appear to have little skill, but this isnt true. It takes alot of skill to get over the advantage line by ensuring defenders tuck into positions which allow you to dominate to ensure a quicker play the ball. Tucking back in is another skill which doesnt appear to classy on TV, but it is structural and is integral to the team.

I heard a guy mention the other day Fitzy should play Lock because Locks dont do much other than Tackle or do a few Hit ups. Wrong again… Locks are integral to your defencive pattern, hence we play 3...

Rugby League is a highly skilled game, played at a cracking pace. It is hard for people to understand how important the 'basics' are, if they havnt played the game. The majority of games are won by the team who does the basics better. Every play has its place in the jigsaw to forming a complete puzzle...
:sign:

All the fowards mentioned in this thread are the older guys not much of an effort from the younger guys none of them did much i just hope someone gets in Fatitas ear and tells him to run onto the ball he just kept getting pushed back if he is the best prospect then god help us note the difference when Gibbs went forward. Some did not get a lot of game time but they had freash legs and for mine did very little .

Back