Zane Musgrove

Become a disappointment. I think he's passable as the 4th best prop in your team, but if you're asking for big minutes from him you're in trouble.

Joe is by far the pick of the players in our pack and it's not really close. Pole's shown some promise and hopefully Utoikamanu can come back with his 2021 form but we definitely need some help in the front row.

Musgrove and Tamou ,despite being same size,simply chose not to stand up to big Sharks forwards,and throw in sporadic effort of both 2nr rowers who have one foot out the door,we got comprehensively steamrolled up the middle.
Our other 2 largest forwards Mikaele and LL have been let go. to save a few pennies this year...not real smart
Include a no6 who is totally coasting in defence close to the ruck...final score somewhat flattered us
Definitely Tamous last year..Musgrove not starting..and buy someone consistently willing to take it up with aggression like Lodge or even Hass.
We have $$$
And I'm firming on Madden and Hastings in halves and punting 1.6 mill of underachievers in Douhi and Brooks who both prefer to be elsewhere..and playing like it
Maybe pick up Brown from eels to add class to halves

Last edited:
For us to make the 8 we need our front row stocks strong enough to have Musgrove play reserve grade and be a back up only. I actually think if we have a fully fit squad that will be the case. Hastings at lock, Joffa and stef starting, with Pole and Twal off the bench. Possibly Blore as well. Leaves Musgrove 6th choice with Aitasi James maybe even pushing him to 7th. That's where he belongs.

Fully fit Twal, Stef and Blore, along with Papali'i make a huge difference last night. If Hastings plays we score over 24 points IMO.

sheens will keep Brooks 2024 and beyond if he can get the salary down with the discount e.g. 750k with 200k discount 550k.
if Brooks wants to chase big money at Newcastle e.g. 850k or above then he can leave
That is a better option than paying 450k for Madden for example
I think the club should say to douhie we see you as a centre and here is 450k to 500k to play centre, if he doesn't like it he can leave
We needs one of
Dylan Brown
Munster
Burton
to play 6

Musgrove plays fine when off the bench but the first 20 mins are too quick for him. In our prop rotation he really is a number 5 or 6 prop but a good 5 or 6

Musgrove plays fine when off the bench but the first 20 mins are too quick for him. In our prop rotation he really is a number 5 or 6 prop but a good 5 or 6

I like him but this is what he is. He can have an impact from the bench. I think you can start him as well but he only gets small minutes.

I'm less worried about our middle forwards now. I'm assuming we let Tamou go. Pole, Stef, Joe O, Twal and then Blore, Musgrove etc as back-ups.

sheens will keep Brooks 2024 and beyond if he can get the salary down with the discount e.g. 750k with 200k discount 550k.
if Brooks wants to chase big money at Newcastle e.g. 850k or above then he can leave
That is a better option than paying 450k for Madden for example
I think the club should say to douhie we see you as a centre and here is 450k to 500k to play centre, if he doesn't like it he can leave
We needs one of
Dylan Brown
Munster
Burton
to play 6
Dreams are free.

We got ourselves a predicament hey.

We just can’t make the meters that other teams can with the ball. They run through us in attack and get good field position while we get stopped with little gain and often kicking on the last while still in our own half. No one fears our forwards.

Classic Wests Tigers give someone four years having done zero in the game to deserve it.
Another case of the Tigers thinking they know better than everyone. There’s a reason other clubs aren’t interested in these players. When the Wests Tigers think they’ve found some value, there actually is no value.

I'm okay with Musgrove. I think he is a bench prop and he can have an impact. He has had some good games for us this season.

I think his big problem is defensively he misses tackles. That can be inexcusable if done at the wrong time. You can't carry many players like this but then again you can't carry many players like Twal who don't have an impact with the ball.

Another case of the Tigers thinking they know better than everyone. There’s a reason other clubs aren’t interested in these players. When the Wests Tigers think they’ve found some value, there actually is no value.
It’s not the first time we’ve done it either.
We want to keep a player whom another club is interested in. We ended up extending the deal in wage and term and then trumpet the signing. The other competing club is licking their lips then heads out later and spends the money they had reserved to purchase another better player without any competition.

I'm okay with Musgrove. I think he is a bench prop and he can have an impact. He has had some good games for us this season.

I think his big problem is defensively he misses tackles. That can be inexcusable if done at the wrong time. You can't carry many players like this but then again you can't carry many players like Twal who don't have an impact with the ball.
Defensive problems seem to be something we actively seek in our recruits

Back