CEO - Shane Richardson

PLEASE KEEP ALL STADIUM/HOME GROUND DISCUSSION IN DEDICATED THREAD

thanks

Isn't the club going to speak about the Macarthur expansion today?
Yeah, I thought it was yesterday and was wondering about that myself.

TBH I think the issue, it all could have waited until we straightened the performance ship.

Earth to Richo: Let’s focus on winning games, building a roster etc.

That would be my priority atm, anyway…he’s here to help!

Last edited:
Reactions: BZN
i saw on 360 tonight his families com any works for the club in the cor orate side of things, geez to me that is a massive conflict of interet. Braith nearly fell off his chair when Kent said it, and i think Ready (who is close to Richo slum ed in his chair and looked very awkward
This is old news don't know why these "journos" act so shocked.... Oh there it is in my sentence...
'act'

I stopped watching 360 and forgot how fake and idiotic the RL media have become. This masthead can report they are all imbeciles.
Yeah, its a load of crap ay.
But its a business in itself NRL Media.
I was once surprised at the official site {nrl.com) how they would post and relay negative stories for their brand be it player behviour etc etc...all in the name of clicks.
Not surprised anymore, though i think it has lessened to an extent

Wasn’t supposed to be.

I liked the journos point about all that government money going to Penrith.

Short of cash, the LO people need to get active and campaign on the streets and swing their support behind any party willing to stump up.

An answer? Well it’s not an easy problem to fix.

Probably a joint govt/private enterprise effort.

This is where memberships are important. If we had a lot of members, we’d have more influence. And it seems, ironically, that untapped nursery is SW.
💯 Agree Tiger Karen.
Turning on the tap with meaningful promotion in the SW over a period of time, not just being one or two years, will turn a current trickle [ I would imagine] into a Sunami of new supporters and members, particularly if WTs continue to produce the style of play shown so far for the remainder of this year.
But that untapped supply of new members doesn't only apply to the SW of course.
I live in the Northern Rivers area of NSW and renewed my regional no games membership yesterday to show my appreciation for the way Richo, Benji and the boys have performed this year.

NRL is definately not the NFL or NBA to be tanking
for draft picks lol. He did his best though... 😁
Ironically Galvin appears to be our #1 pick after Pascoe took us to rock bottom. Much more arse than class from Pascoe though.

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought it was yesterday and was wondering about that myself.

TBH I think the issue, it all could have waited until we straightened the performance ship.

Earth to Richo: Let’s focus on winning games, building a roster etc.

That would be my priority atm, anyway…he’s here to help!
Yeah agree, though atm he is only here for 6 months so I guess he just needs things to get done asap.

The Wests Tigers have refused to put a ceiling on success and vowed to take control of south west of Sydney as they outline their plans to bury the past and become a perennial top four club in the NRL.
The Tigers have also promised to take their fans on the journey as they determine their playing future in concert with the NRL, insisting any decision on home grounds will be made with the growth of the club in mind.

The Tigers released their strategic plan - christened ‘Roaring Ahead’ - on Wednesday afternoon, conceding the club is at a critical juncture in its history.

Much of the report is devoted to south-west Sydney and the need to pay more attention to one of the club’s heartlands. Crucially, the club is setting up an office in Campbelltown and will use former players John Skandalis and Shannon Gallant to strengthen their grip on the area.

Their stated goal is to become the No.1 pathway club in Sydney and key to that will be cultivating the south-west, an area that the club acknowledges they have neglected at times in the past.

The Wests Tigers' strategic plan.

The Wests Tigers' strategic plan.

“For many years, this club hasn’t truly given the time nor consistent effort for the need to focus in on the south west corridor, to grow our opportunities,” the plan states.
“We intend to, by acting quickly, strategise this plan around the growth of the south west without affecting our inner-city roots.

“This is a critical juncture in the club’s history. We have gone through significant change as an organisation and while we know we need to do better; we need our members, fans, corporate partners, and our entire community more than ever to be part of our journey ahead.”

The plan doesn’t talk about premierships, instead opting to specifically put no ceiling on success.
The Gold Coast Titans and Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are among the clubs to have previously released strategic plans with premierships aspirations included.

In both cases, the club fell short and the administration was pilloried. The Tigers stated goal is to become a top four club in the NRL and NRLW.

“Never put a ceiling on what our success can be on or off the field,” the plan stars.
The Tigers also insist they are committed to developing a stadium policy in conjunction with their stakeholders and the NRL.

The club currently plays the majority of their home grounds out of Leichhardt Oval and Campbelltown Stadium but there are concerns over the future of both given Leichhardt Oval is in serious need to investment and the club can make much more money playing out of a modern ground such as CommBank Stadium.

The club’s strategic plan states that the club will be transparent with their development of a stadium policy and constantly review their approach to “ensure growth occurs for the club and its stakeholders”.

It adds that the club wants to establish a working group with the NRL for future stadia policy for the club.

The 3 key take aways I had from reading the plan (and not much new from anything Richo has already said):

1) Western Suburbs will not be the reserve grade team for much longer - Auditing our brand identity, to better understand our brand values and their application. Polish our brand so that all our stakeholders have a clear understanding of the WT brand and the focus for its future.

2) Unless Campbelltown gets an upgrade soon we will be playing all games at one of the big stadiums. - Develop a defined stadium policy/review that reflects the needs of our stakeholders.

And the one that I quite like

3) Likely will not have Brydens on the front of the Jersey very soon. - A new and fresh approach to commercial partnerships, and Attract quality sponsors consistent with a modern sporting organisation.

Latest posts

Back