CEO - Shane Richardson

Wifey and I watched the Bye Round on Youtube yesterday. I thought it was a good watch but Richo certainly won wifey over. She thinks the Tigers are on a winner with him.

His take on the ‘big’ clubs having top rate home grounds is 100% correct. I also think his talk about moving away from Leichardt is a political stunt because PVL has also stated he wants better improved suburban grounds. I also think he will move to the olympic stadium and pressure local councils to improve both Leichardt and CSS to get them back. I think he would prioritise our home ground to Campbelltown because of his comments about Leichardts restrictions (parking, public transport etc)

Anyway, like I said, he impressed wifey.

I’m so far away that I’m only a $70 member but I’ve been a member for ages and that won’t change.
Any kind of member is enough right now and I duff my fedora.

Hopefully other posters here can follow our example.

You can tell my dog is a new member because he has developed this nasty habit of stealing food being prepared from the kitchen bench.

I liken it to recruiting from under the panthers noses.

Ivan lost it with JL. Worst retention effort ever. JL would have been thrilled with our mighty win.

Last edited:
Reactions: BZN
Like others have said, he's going to piss a few people off. Probably a lot more when we're not winning games.

Pretty sure he's going to move WT away from traditional home grounds which will be a polarising move for some.

If he gets us back on track, I'll support the unpopular moves.

It’s probably better for him that he participates than watches it on TV. Excellent.

It is a great game. I really enjoyed those junior games on members day. Nothing like the live version over telly. I couldn’t think of where in the world I would rather have been. Maybe I’m boring!

If Richo wants to push memberships, every time we win, we are going to have to sly in a reference during the odd player or Benji presser. I might suggest that to him. But only after a win. We don’t want membership being equated with losing.

We are all probably too far gone here.. but the kids…

I can see Latrell losing memberships for south’s at press conferences.

We won’t really know about Richo for a little while. May as well enjoy the ride.

He will get things right and will get things wrong, just like all of us.
I think there was an article when he went from the roosters to Souths that they had a sudden uptick in membership . You could say it’s because they signed a gun , but most kids can tell you who Lebron James is ! And funnily enough , surprisingly one Benji Marshall gets a mention by my son a lot , not because of me , but I think the kids still watch his highlights and go wow!
They even know who Michael Jordan is ! My point is that players resonate with kids a lot more than teams / tribalism .

They even know who Michael Jordan is ! My point is that players resonate with kids a lot more than teams / tribalism .
Yes.

Recognising this, I suggested to Shane last night that Benji and Api (personalities) start referencing the value of membership at press conferences etc.

When JL arrives, he should ensure he says early that he’s here for members first and everything else second.

I’ve got more extreme methods, but i want to see what Shane says to me about this first.

I could be binned, I dunno!

I’ll keep you posted.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
💯 agree with you re. Richo "doesn't take the softly softly approach".
He's a hard task master Imo, in that he knows what he want's, what the WT's need and how to get it, and he'll achieve in getting that done.
Top 4 in 4 years I’d say he’d be wanting to achieve, even if he won’t (wisely) put a time line on it.

But it needs to be a competitive and sustainable top 4, not a holiday visit and back to 9th.

And for that, he’s going to need talented officials as well as players and coaches.

What sustains all of the perpetually strong sides is people in power making good decisions and good systems to bring them on board.

He will have wins and losses along the way. I think his overall manifesto is right for us at this point, he’s raising our profile and finally some hope!

Last edited:
And I was just going to add that JL would be even more thrilled to link up with us if we can climb off the bottom. I think it would justify his decision as during the negotiations, we were in harms way.

Plus we don’t want him as a sole saviour type, too much pressure when he’s a player who does his best work with a bit of rope to play with. A bit like Api. You don’t want to constrict these types of players too tightly.

And I was just going to add that JL would be even more thrilled to link up with us if we can climb off the bottom. I think it would justify his decision as during the negotiations, we were in harms way.

Plus we don’t want him as a sole saviour type, too much pressure when he’s a player who does his best work with a bit of rope to play with. A bit like Api. You don’t want to constrict these types of players too tightly.
I am really API that we have Luai joining the Tigers. But we will also need the other 11 players to play their part.

If you buy the club membership for $75 and grab a jersey you get $50 store credit plus 10% off your jersey. The membership pays for itself. No excuse if you’re a fan buying a jersey not to get it via a club membership. Richo isn’t asking anyone to go broke. Get behind the bloke.
Effectively costing you $25 extra for a jersey to include a membership. But does that include posting? Someone mentioned it didn’t?.?

If you buy the club membership for $75 and grab a jersey you get $50 store credit plus 10% off your jersey. The membership pays for itself. No excuse if you’re a fan buying a jersey not to get it via a club membership. Richo isn’t asking anyone to go broke. Get behind the bloke.
Let me know if I have got this right because it may encouraging people to take out a non ticketed membership or even better still have the club create a new member package:

Non Ticketed Membership = $ 75.00

Full priced jersey less 10% = $144.00

Estimated Postage = $ 12.00

Total = $231.00

Less $50.00 credit = $181.00 for a non ticketed membership plus a jersey and postage.

If you were just buying a jersey it would normally cost you $172.00 with postage ($160 + $12), so in reality you are getting a non ticketed membership for $9.00.

Assuming the above figures are correct it makes pretty good sense if you are in the market for a jersey.

Can someone tell Richo to cut out all the mucking around and offer a non ticketed membership and jersey deal, cut out the postage cost which they do anyway with the core membership package, and do it for $169.00 and wait for the stampede.

This would be pure Sheenius, and the ball is in your court Richo.

Let me know if I have got this right because it may encouraging people to take out a non ticketed membership or even better still have the club create a new member package:

Total = $231.00

Less $50.00 credit = $181.00 for a non ticketed membership plus a jersey and postage.

If you were just buying a jersey it would normally cost you $172.00 with postage ($160 + $12), so in reality you are getting a non ticketed membership for $9.00.

Assuming the above figures are correct it makes pretty good sense if you are in the market for a jersey.

Can someone tell Richo to cut out all the mucking around and offer a non ticketed membership and jersey deal, cut out the postage cost which they do anyway with the core membership package, and do it for $169.00 and wait for the stampede.

For anyone on the struggle street at the moment, looking for merch, I saw a good range of semi official stuff at the best and less recently.

It looks authentic enough to me.

But some of the best stuff I’ve seen is home made anyway.

Effectively costing you $25 extra for a jersey to include a membership. But does that include posting? Someone mentioned it didn’t?.?
Even less with the discount, probably saving $18 and the membership costs you what , $7.

Total = $231.00

Pascoe was there 10 years and couldn’t come up with this? Guess it’s easier to just fudge figures.

I listened to the pod some last night some today he's doubled down on the paid member thing which i don't necessarily agree with but also understand the reasons why at the same time.
At least you know where you stand don't bother talking to the bloke unless you're a member.

There was a lot of waffle in between but i still believe Richo is the right man for the job, he can i dentify our weakness's and address them. He referenced Souths a lot and their member situation which was worse than ours but look at it now.

He clearly is targeting our youth and pathways which you can argue we've botched here and there along the way. We need to pay more attention to the South west which we will, having a base out there makes sense.

I'll be interested to see this strategic vision they've put together which you would imagine we'd know about fairly shortly. Also seems like he's more than keen to hang around for a few years, i also particularly liked when he dropped Luaw was here for rings and won't cop losing. You would imagine he would have been walked through this strategic vision and our kids coming through to enable it.

Total = $231.00

Hank you crack me up bro, you really changed t your
Profile pic with more suitable colours lmao

Back