CEO - Shane Richardson

I disagree that LO is a 'heartland.'

It's mostly a boutique, inner west, hipster thing now. Its like beers at Marrickville bowling club. I know because I cannot resist going LO games if I'm in Sydney. It's cool, its an anachronism, its irresistible if the team are playing well. Its even pretty good if we lose. I would take the atmosphere and memories of regular games in September and the odd one in October any day of the week over demountable dunnies and some beers on Norton Street 3 times a year.

I grew up in Campbelltown as a Magpies fan but ALL of my family were Balmain fans growing up. So I'm kind of in a minority of one that actually liked and was stoked about the merger as it solved a lot of problems for me. But the merger was SO LONG AGO. And LO is all about it past. I was a bit a bit sad in a sense to see the hill named after Wayne Pearce, as doing so really felt to me like it ignored 20 years of subsequent history, (and a Premiership!). That for me was very symbolic of LO being a tribute show to the past and a different club from a different era rather than something in the PRESENT to believe in and get excited about.

I'm about as Campbelltown as you can get. I have a lot of westie bonafides. I also got out of Campbelltown and established myself at first in the Inner West, and now I live in Berlin.

I have to say, if you're talking about working class, actual rugby league heartland, its 100% Campbelltown. It's not as ironically brilliant as LO, I fully get that. But its authentic AF. AND, its in Leumeah, its a bloody suburban ground with some standing areas behind both goal posts.
New Tigers business plan. First we take Leumeah, then we take Berlin.

The council didn't destroy the Balmain Leagues Club at all. There are so many incorrect claims made about this.

And you have added yet another one.
The club went broke and sold its site to a developer, with a promise that they would get a club space in a new building
Incorrect, originally the club was retaining the asset and developing the site themselves. The reason they went broke was that they were told they had to vacate the site to allow early works for teh proposed metro station in the basement. Then the State Government backflipped on the Metro station. That is what killed the club. Subsequent to that they had to sell to Benny Elias who was then going to develop it and he re-sold it.

It took years for the developer to submit applications that complied with local planning controls. They were knocked back several times by a state committee, not council.
Not true. It was originally SSDA because of the proposed Metro Station. When the State government pulled out, the club was told they are on their own and they submitted a DA which was rejected by Council. Subsequent DA's were rejected by Council before the development was again put forward as SSDA.

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
I'll be happy with whatever Richo decides Jedi.
But I have said on here many times since 2019 which really pissed Cochise off, that WT's should be centered in Campbelltown.
And whatever ground we call home won't affect me at all as I have lived approx. 400 klms from Sydney since 1992 and will probably never go to another game, except for when WT's play in Newcastle, maybe.
You haven't been on here since 2019? Oh you mean under your previous name?

See the problem with your dishonest arguments is I have stated many times that I believe we should be playing the majority of games in Campbelltown, my issue with you was when you admitted to wanted the Magpies to return in place of the Wests Tigers.

Lastly I will ask you again, if you want to speak about me please mention me correctly in your posts so I at least get notified of your misinformation. Not doing so is you attempt to discredit me without giving me a chance to reply and is quite frankly gutless.

Just getting back to Richo-isms and policy. Sorry for the return of the alt.

Benji let’s the team feel happy for a couple of days and then he will “flush it” which has worked for us last week.

A couple of big days and positive write-ups, but as Richo says, these days are the easiest to “endure.”

It was good for Benji to correct the journo about last year being totally different. It’s a policy that Kevvie subscribes to as well.

It sounds to me like it’s Bennett-think.

There’s still a few high profile doubters in the media, but so far, so good.

Richo said on the wireless today, LO would have a role, albeit diminished until the funds arrive.

15 players…talk about threading the needle!

I liked Benjis deflection to the team and coaching staff about deserving to win.

This work/life balance thing has something going for it.

Good stuff for our players, good resilience, that was the punchline today.

Richo will need to be resilient too.

Richo will allow Benji and John do their job. Robbie is learning as much as he can from Richo, and he will eventually take on his role.

Richo will allow Benji and John do their job. Robbie is learning as much as he can from Richo, and he will eventually take on his role.

Richo shouldn’t intervene in the footy forensics, it’s not his business.

As for Robbie, I’m not sure of his qualifications tbh.

There’s a lot to be said for real world experience, years and decades of it.

Robbie is having a good year so far, Im pleased for him.

Yeah things are really going backwards since the changes. Oh wait…
i saw on 360 tonight his families com any works for the club in the cor orate side of things, geez to me that is a massive conflict of interet. Braith nearly fell off his chair when Kent said it, and i think Ready (who is close to Richo slum ed in his chair and looked very awkward

i saw on 360 tonight his families com any works for the club in the cor orate side of things, geez to me that is a massive conflict of interet. Braith nearly fell off his chair when Kent said it, and i think Ready (who is close to Richo slum ed in his chair and looked very awkward
I saw it too. Mate rugby league is full of this stuff. The Roosters boys are all set for life due to uncle Nicks contacts. It’s only a rort if you’re not in on it. Winning covers up most crimes.

And if our corporate revenues are going up I doubt HBG will have the magnifying glass out.

I saw it too. Mate rugby league is full of this stuff. The Roosters boys are all set for life due to uncle Nicks contacts. It’s only a rort if you’re not in on it. Winning covers up most crimes.
yes fair call there...im sure Richo is big and ugly enough to fight his own battles, i dont think too many frighten him

Richo himself went through this on James Grahams podcast. Rich Digital is employed currently as a consultant to the club as he works for Rich Digital. If he takes the role full time he will take a direct role as ceo.

Also it’s fairly clear people say conflict of interest without understanding what that means

Richo himself went through this on James Grahams podcast. Rich Digital is employed currently as a consultant to the club as he works for Rich Digital. If he takes the role full time he will take a direct role as ceo.

Also it’s fairly clear people say conflict of interest without understanding what that means
Exactly. Kenty also made the point that there may well have been a tender process. Just NRL360 doing as they do talking s($t.

And if our corporate revenues are going up I doubt HBG will have the magnifying glass out.
What about from a few years ago maybe 10 when the Parramatta players girlfriends and wife's all working at the same hair salon getting paid big $$$ to work there that was the best

thanks for letting me know, that makes me feel better about it, i will have to have a listen to it

Reactions: TSP
What about from a few years ago maybe 10 when the Parramatta players girlfriends and wife's all working at the same hair salon getting paid big $$$ to work there that was the best
It’s normally the top four clubs with the best schemes.

Exactly. Kenty also made the point that there may well have been a tender process. Just NRL360 doing as they do talking s($t.
If he has declared it there is no problem as long as he stands back from the process easy to let the board make the decision on it

Is Shane doing the behind the roar podcast again today? Must be announcing something since he did 1 not long ago

• Wow
Reactions: BZN

Latest posts

Members online

Back