OFFICIAL Jersey Flegg Cup

Ok @Balmain Fat Boy
I'll give you that, that was a typo on my behalf. I wrote Clarke when I meant Curl.
One of the downsides of posting late at night, sometimes the brain gets things mixed up.
If you actually followed what I say rather than troll you'd know that I have rated him, he offers something unique with his size and skill. Not sure he'll get a dev or NRL contract though so we may have trouble keeping him.

Good to hear Faagatu and Tumeth both hitting their steals.
Although on the smaller side for the positions they play, both have raw aggression in their game.
Zak Clarke seems to keep getting better, another we need to keep.
Where do you see his pathway to the Tigers NRL side within the next 5-6 years given Luai, Latu and inevitably Galvin would be locked up in the halves long term?

Anyone know what the status of Lachlan Broederlow is? Is he signed with us long term? Could be something special in the 2nd row based on this year's games so far seeing as we need more depth in that dept

Where do you see his pathway to the Tigers NRL side within the next 5-6 years given Luai, Latu and inevitably Galvin would be locked up in the halves long term?
He appears to be best suited to edge back row.
3 good edge back rowers in Flegg at the moment and as Iron Fist has alluded to, top 30 contracted Tumeth has been playing well and should ideally move up to NSW Cup which would then allow the other 2 to both play as edge back rowers in Flegg.

Last edited:
He could easily be a Schuster or Graham type edge forward with his big body and ball playing ability. Edge forward definitely a position the club needs to improve it's depth.

From reports, Tumeth has begun the season really well in the 21s. Both edge forwards (the other being Broederlow) have, which is most likely why Clarke is named on the bench or filling a need for a team in the halves. Looks like the club is thin on halves in Cup and Flegg at the moment either through depth or injury, with Flegg eligible players in the halves for Cup (Matai and Fainu). Anyone know what's up with Tyler Colley? Hasn't been sighted in any games. Looked him up online and seemed to have a great start to the season last year in Flegg at the Roosters, and then disappeared, but he's supposedly at WT this year. If he's an option for the Cup team, it means Matai can play Flegg which is probably the level he's at the moment, particularly with his defence. The other half signing for Cup was a bloke called Harrydyn Wilson, who seems to have had experience in the Broncos and Sea Eagles systems. He is Flegg-eligible as well, but he now appears to be at North Sydney NSW Cup with some decent halves ahead of him in the depth there.
We should be solving the halves shortage by signing Bailey Hayward who is a very underrated natural controlling half, but currently not getting much of a go at the Bulldogs.

I agree, Kit back to SG Ball with Da Silva and attempt to get the win.

I think the Cup team needs size based on what I saw in Canberra, so probably Gordon Whippy gets the jersey this week in Cup. Once SG Ball is done, Kit, Miller, Aho, Faagatu, Tofaeono, Tangatua, Nicholas, Hodges, etc will all be available for Flegg, but can't all fit into that team, so some players will likely move up then. For time being, keep the current guys in the Flegg rotation in there and maintain the consolidation of that team. It seems to be the only grade that has been consistent with its selections so far this season.
The number of line breaks and half breaks being made straight through the middle in Cup is ridiculous.
They desperately need some better work ethic from the forward pack.
The inclusion of Latu Fainu definitely help with direction in the halves, but I don’t think Matai is quite ready for Cup, he should be back in Flegg to see how he develops.
Likewise with Kit Laulilli has been way off the pace in Cup, I agree he should be back in SG Ball trying to help the Magpies reach the finals and show his dominance there for a bit of a confidence boost.

Scored a try kicked 5/7 playing 5/8 2day. He's good

"The Wests Tigers are under the pump, with several rivals chasing another of their brilliant Campbelltown juniors.
Zakauri Clarke, 20, was the highest points scorer in SG Ball Cup for the Wests Tigers last year.
He is a versatile big body who can play front row, lock or on the edge – and he can kick goals.

More importantly for the club, Clarke is off contract at the end of the season. His brother, Cooper, quit Wests Tigers pathways 12 months ago to join Melbourne Storm".
Been watching him a while. Very good, hard worker, goal kicker, versatile and stuck with the Tigers when brother departed; a keeper IMO.

Asu Kepaoa and Tony Sukkar played in Cup on the weekend. Interesting a flegg-eligible development player in Sukkar is playing ahead of a top 30 contracted player in Tumeth at the moment. Unsure what the strategy is there. See what happens this week. Given Asu is likely to be 18th man again for NRL, or even named in the team if Twal doesn't get up, there will be repercussions for the Cup team so Tumeth could be named in Kepaoa's edge spot which then affects Flegg selections. I doubt the Cup team names that centre they had in Canberra. Just didn't seem up to it. Probably stay with Casey and Vaihu which leaves an edge available.
Kepaoa's perfect position is 18th man, so hopefully one of our Flegg backrowers get promoted, allowing Clarke to go back to the back row.
Personally i'd have Clarke ahead of Sukkar, who's just very one dimensional. Clarke has aggression, skill and footy IQ.

Kepaoa's perfect position is 18th man, so hopefully one of our Flegg backrowers get promoted, allowing Clarke to go back to the back row.
Personally i'd have Clarke ahead of Sukkar, who's just very one dimensional. Clarke has aggression, skill and footy IQ.
I like Clarke too, he just has that something about him, hopefully his versatility doesn't restrict his progress. Long-term he's not a 5/8 and too small for a prop so back-row or lock. Maybe a Reuben Cotter type with more ball skills!

I disagree about Sukkar. I think he has that something about him to be an ideal line-running hard-hitting backrower, just seems to be under utilised atm. Threw a great flick to set up Lobb for the try on Sunday. I think he'll have a break-out game soon but I thought the same about Mansfield too lol

I like Clarke too, he just has that something about him, hopefully his versatility doesn't restrict his progress. Long-term he's not a 5/8 and too small for a prop so back-row or lock. Maybe a Reuben Cotter type with more ball skills!

I disagree about Sukkar. I think he has that something about him to be an ideal line-running hard-hitting backrower, just seems to be under utilised atm. Threw a great flick to set up Lobb for the try on Sunday. I think he'll have a break-out game soon but I thought the same about Mansfield too lol
I would definitely have Sukkar and Vaihu as my second rowers all day! They are solid in defence and have strong hit ups. They need someone like Latu who knows how to utilise their second rowers and watch the difference it will make. If the NOE team can just better control their errors they have a good team.

I would definitely have Sukkar and Vaihu as my second rowers all day! They are solid in defence and have strong hit ups. They need someone like Latu who knows how to utilise their second rowers and watch the difference it will make. If the NOE team can just better control their errors they have a good team.
We just have too many nuggets in our system as it is. Don't thinkwe have room for Vaihu, we need size in our back row

Jersey Flegg Cup - Round 4 vs. Eels

Saturday, March 30 - 3:00 p.m. AEDT
New Era Stadium, Sydney

WESTS TIGERS

1. Joseph Jaber
2. Brenden Naicori
3. Solomone Saukuru
4. Fangavalu Hammond
5. William Malloy
6. Faaletino Tavana
7. Naati Teaupa
8. Vaka Aho
9. Kobie Wilson (c)
10. Cayne Nicholas
11. Lachlan Broederlow
12. Zakauri Clarke
13. Bailey Hodges

14. Thomas Fisher
16. Herman Tofaeono
17. Metuisela Taungatua
18. Tristyn Ball

19. John Tuipulotu
Coach: Leon Latulipe

INS: Solomone Saukuru, Vaka Aho

OUTS: Chris Faagutu (NSW Cup), Brandon Tumeth (NSW Cup)

Jersey Flegg Cup - Round 4 vs. Eels

Saturday, March 30 - 3:00 p.m. AEDT
New Era Stadium, Sydney

WESTS TIGERS

1. Joseph Jaber
2. Brenden Naicori
3. Solomone Saukuru
4. Fangavalu Hammond
5. William Malloy
6. Faaletino Tavana
7. Naati Teaupa
8. Vaka Aho
9. Kobie Wilson (c)
10. Cayne Nicholas
11. Lachlan Broederlow
12. Zakauri Clarke
13. Bailey Hodges

14. Thomas Fisher
16. Herman Tofaeono
17. Metuisela Taungatua
18. Tristyn Ball

19. John Tuipulotu
Coach: Leon Latulipe

INS: Solomone Saukuru, Vaka Aho

OUTS: Chris Faagutu (NSW Cup), Brandon Tumeth (NSW Cup)
So many things just don't make sense here. Tavano is a good winger, so we put him at 5/8. Hodges is a very promising honey, so we put him at lock. Wilson is a 5/8 so he's at hooker. Nicholas is a decent lock but we move him to be an undersized prop.
Just let players play in their best positions and pick them there

So many things just don't make sense here. Tavano is a good winger, so we put him at 5/8. Hodges is a very promising honey, so we put him at lock. Wilson is a 5/8 so he's at hooker. Nicholas is a decent lock but we move him to be an undersized prop.
Just let players play in their best positions and pick them there
Tipping they don’t start in those positions. More likely, Tavana to bench, Wilson to 5/8, Cayne to lock, Hodges to hooker, Herman to prop.

Tipping they don’t start in those positions. More likely, Tavana to bench, Wilson to 5/8, Cayne to lock, Hodges to hooker, Herman to prop.
I wonder if the coach will keep them like that due to the success they had last week with Cayne as prop and Hodges as lock. My mate that went said Cayne was brilliant as a prop tackled hard and ran hard as well even though he's a smaller body

I wonder if the coach will keep them like that due to the success they had last week with Cayne as prop and Hodges as lock. My mate that went said Cayne was brilliant as a prop tackled hard and ran hard as well even though he's a smaller body
Reuben Cotter esque

Must've been a good comeback from our Flegg boys. We were down 22-4 at HT and NSWRL website saying we won 24-22 at FT especially without our star guys in Faagutu, Tumeth and Hodges

• Love
Reactions: BZN
Tries to Naicori x2, Saukuru, Hammond and wilson, 2/5 kicks from Clarke . Nice comeback after being 22-4 down just after halftime.

I can't help but notice our comeback started when Tofaeono and Tuipolutu entered the field in the second half. No idea if they actually impacted things but we seemed to steamroll home from that point on so may have coincided with our pack getting on top.

Back