LIVE GAME Round 1 Discussion *Spoilers*

Live Game Discussion
Canberra looking very much like last year. a gritty, tough outfit that complete high, scramble hard and just hang in there.

I don’t see anything too special in attack but we are going to have to perform to a higher standard than what we produced for the majority of last year to come away next week with two points.
They just keep making post contact metres. Timoko especially. Just hard bastards.

Anyone seen that Penrith doco Undisputed?
Love them or hate them, there’s no doubt their current run is up there with the best in the code’s history.
It looks good.

Could be an advantage knowing the Raiders will be looking for an arm wrestle. Our only hope is to play some expansive footy (and start well) imo.

Could be an advantage knowing the Raiders will be looking for an arm wrestle. Our only hope is to play some expansive footy (and start well) imo.
That was Newcastles mistake tonight in my opinion.
They were pretty much matching the Raiders for play up the field. Similar meterage, similar line speed similar field position. The difference is Canberra continued to tuck the ball under the arm, offload the when the opportunity presented itself and continue to work up the middle.
Newcastle on the other hand favoured the shift. Nearly at every opportunity, they made some decent meters shifting the ball early but in the red zone there was far too much side to side block to block ball movement to be effective.

Thoughts on Savage?

I can see why Ricky didn't really use him much last year.
Lots of mistakes in his game.

Could see him going to a new club & improving though, much like Valemei.

Looked to be lacking last night, maybe confidence. Tried hard though.

Thoughts on Savage?

I can see why Ricky didn't really use him much last year.
Lots of mistakes in his game.

Could see him going to a new club & improving though, much like Valemei.

Looked to be lacking last night, maybe confidence. Tried hard though.
Agree with all that. He is still young and has ability, so if he can cut the mistakes out he could have a good first grade career.

Turnovers were the difference. Knights had the firepower to win that game but decided to avoid the grind and try and play an expansive game. Raiders grit and defence was impressive and I think we need to take a similar approach to combinations get better

Agreed,playing to your strengths will always be more succesful than not

If Canberra score 28 away at Newcastle, not beyond the realms of possibility that they score double that against us at home next week.

I can just hear those Viking claps already.

Hope Benji has used the 3 weeks off to perform some sort of a miracle because if he hasn't, this could very well be our first 50 point loss for the season. :cry:

Hope I am way off the mark.

If Canberra score 28 away at Newcastle, not beyond the realms of possibility that they score double that against us at home next week.

I can just hear those Viking claps already.

Hope Benji has used the 3 weeks off to perform some sort of a miracle because if he hasn't, this could very well be our first 50 point loss for the season. :cry:

Hope I am way off the mark.
Mate, Benji has had the entire off season. It’s not like he has magic dust that he’s going to sprinkle that somehow transforms things in 3 weeks.

That's primary school logic.

Hard not to agree with when it comes to us... But little things, bounce of the ball a. Little luck, an. Injury here or there early... They're a little off we're a bit more 'on'... Sports a funny business and upsets occur occssionally
That said im not confident

Back