LIVE GAME Round 7 vs. Panthers

Live Game Discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I simply want to support a team that can make the top 8 occasionally, rather than constantly collecting Wooden Spoons.
Last year most blamed the halves, we’ve totally overhauled the halves and surprise surprise we are still clearly the worst attacking team in the NRL
Don't like stats, aye.

We're 15th for points scored.

....but who needs to be accurate, right?

Why will we potentially lose him ?
It’s pretty safe to say if he truly believes we have the talent within to be on the verge of top 8 success he will stay.
Let’s wait and see what happens, but it’s quite clear the middles are not too impressed that their hard way keeps going to waste.

So you think it’s just a matter of time and he will be the fullback to lead us to becoming a genuine top 8 team within the next couple of seasons ?
If that is your opinion than I respect that and it may very well be correct.
My point of view is we don’t really have that much time to wait as our existing high quality players such as Stef could potentially leave us if results don’t improve immediately or if we don’t sign some quality in addition to Luai to make it more likely we can seriously challenge for the top 8 next season.
I know many are much more optimistic than I am, but aside from the Sharks game I’ve seen nothing to suggest we are anywhere near being a top 8 team.
I’ve never once said Bula is not a decent player who will no doubt continue to improve, I’ve said I don’t believe he has it in him to ever reach the heights of the top 10 or so elite fullbacks in our game.
Surely most would agree it’s very difficult for any team to challenge for a premiership without an elite fullback, so it’s either we strongly believe he will be this type of player within the next couple of seasons, otherwise we look elsewhere.
Mate , no disrespect , but you’re a bit of a panic merchant . That’s how out of step with reality this take is! You need to recalibrate your perspective . I say that as respectfully as something like this can be said …

Mate , no disrespect , but you’re a bit of a panic merchant . That’s how out of step with reality this take is! You need to recalibrate your perspective . I say that as respectfully as something like this can be said …
No panic it’s a plain and simple point of view that the players some of our fans see as our saviours, are not showing enough signs to live up to that high expectation.
If you don’t want accept it, then good for you but be prepared to follow a team that keeps finishing at the bottom of the ladder.

No panic it’s a plain and simple point of view that the players some of our fans see as our saviours, are not showing enough signs to live up to that high expectation.
If you don’t want accept it, then good for you but be prepared to follow a team that keeps finishing at the bottom of the ladder.
No panic - but you wanted us to pay $800K plus for an UNPROVEN fullback!!

Zac is NOT a fullback!

He has played a grand total of TWO games there for two losses!

1713755483034.png

No panic - but you wanted us to pay $800K plus for an UNPROVEN fullback!!

Zac is NOT a fullback!

He has played a grand total of TWO games there for two losses!

View attachment 11624
Ok then just stick with what we have and be happy to keep collecting Wooden Spoons.
I’m glad you are happy with that, I hope you keep paying your membership each year in any case.

Ok then just stick with what we have and be happy to keep collecting Wooden Spoons.
I’m glad you are happy with that, I hope you keep paying your membership each year in any case.
Panic buying overpaid centres to play out of position is a backwards step!

It reeks of the Mybe signing!

Why will we potentially lose him ?
It’s pretty safe to say if he truly believes we have the talent within to be on the verge of top 8 success he will stay.
Let’s wait and see what happens, but it’s quite clear the middles are not too impressed that their hard way keeps going to waste.
No.

You said it was highly likely, not potentially.

That was why I asked why.

15th for points scored but 17th for tries scored. I'd say it's fair enough to call us the worst attacking team.
The quote was 'clearly the worst team'.

We might not be great and are Verifiably one of the worst, but we are clearly the worst.

That is false.

We only flog ourselves...... we let us down.... what happened to all the talk, the training...Gold Coast are humans just like us .... as are Brisbane... its not physical, its the space inbetween the ears....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back