LIVE GAME Round 7 vs. Panthers

Live Game Discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bula is a great prospect, what worries me, who in the club is coaching his development. I remember Billy Slater saying, I hope they get somebody to coach him playing fullback.

View attachment 11625

Does anybody remember just how bad Dylan Edwards was in 2019??

And that was his third season of NRL!

People throw out the term "flippers" for Kepaoa and Tupou for some odd handling errors - BUT ignore that Pat Richards also went through a similar period for us before "coming good"...

Edwards "Scissorhands" was appalling - but the coach stuck with him because he could see te talent that eluded most of the fans...

The anti-Bula bullshit comes from a few dopes who are old enough to not have tantrums when they lose - but apparently not smart enough!
Snidest for PM! Well sad man!

Tito also decries knobs who don’t rate Bula. Those people are probably commies too!

Is that inside info ?
And if so, what chance is he of staying ?
And PS let him know half the supporters on this forum can assure him the poor results are nothing to worry about, it’s just a matter of our current squad having more game together and with natural improvement we will be a top 8 force in no time.
I often wonder how many spoons we need to collect before some on here see the situation as it is, rather than how they view it in their dreams when their head hits the pillow at night.
Batemen was a disgrace last season and he is finally coming good with some match fitness. Bula needed to get more involved and create some opportunities for his teammates and he has been doing that in the last 2 games. Also a noticeable increase in his possessions last 2 games. Up there with the elite fullbacks.

Is it that or the fact of our continuity in our backline?? We have new halves this season which is different to most clubs. I also think that most clubs are watching bula more as he’s our only strike weapon, therefore less room. Edwards is regarded to be knocking on SOO door at the moment, and he certainly didn’t outshine bula the other day. If anything I’d give the points to bula. Maybe without Cleary he’s less effective, which supports what I am saying. Remember our halves gave only played four games together!!
I do believe and have stated previously that Bula needs an extra metre in pace to be an elite fullback. If I was coaching that’s what I would be working heavily on!!
Dylan Edwards busted tackles at will almost every time he ran the ball, scattered defenders and got quick play the balls that had us constantly back peddling.
He and To’o destroyed us, we had nobody who went even close to matching them and that is your prime example as Edwards is not a confident ball player he never has been, his game is all effort, anticipation, speed and aggression.
So if it’s any elite fullback Bula is going to emulate it would be him, but he’s certainly not on that level in regards to constantly busting tackles and regularly getting quick play the balls just yet.
And that’s the million dollar question, it’s no doubt he will get smarter, stronger, improve his playmaking and general play kicking over time, but can he, or is he willing to run the ball as hard, break tackles and play the ball as quickly as someone like Edwards on a regular basis ?
It will be brilliant for Wests Tigers future success if he does.
I’m not here that argue with people and if you don’t agree that’s fine, you’re entitled to your opinion as am I.

Last edited:
Dylan Edwards busted tackles at will almost every time he ran the ball, scattered defenders and got quick play the balls that had us constantly back peddling.
He and To’o destroyed us, we had nobody who went even close to matching them and that is your prime example as Edwards is not a confident ball player he never has been, his game is all effort, anticipation, speed and aggression.
So if it’s any elite fullback Bula is going to emulate it would be him, but he’s certainly not on that level in regards to constantly busting tackles and regularly getting quick play the balls just yet.
And that’s the million dollar question, it’s no doubt he will get smarter, stronger, improve his playmaking and general play kicking over time, but can he, or is he willing to run the ball as hard, break tackles and play the ball as quickly as someone like Edwards on a regular basis ?
I’m not here that argue with people and if you don’t agree that’s fine, you’re entitled to your opinion as am I.
Just let it go bro …. No one agrees with you …you’ve had your say …. Jesus …

Dylan Edwards was not an elite fullback when he started out. Bula will improve as he learns his craft.

Bula is already ahead of Edwards and Tedesco at similar stages of their careers!
Are you for real ?
Tedesco was a freak from game 1.
Next thing you will be telling me he’s better than Reece Walsh.
So since you believe we have a team of superstars, are you putting your money where your mouth is and loading up on Wests Tigers to beat the Broncos ?

Last edited:
Are you for real ?
Tedesco was a freak from game 1.
Next thing you will be telling me he’s better than Reece Walsh.
So since you believe we have a team of superstars, are you putting your money where your mouth is and loading up on Wests Tigers to beat the Broncos ?
After the same number of games - Bula is supperior to both!

You have completely false memories - Teddy was a shocking defender and not a natural passer of the ball!! He was also gun-shy after his ACL and soft in the collision!

Edwards had two left feet for hands!!

Wake up Magoo!!

Who said I believe we have a team of superstars???

You can only defend your argument by misrepresenting those who disagree!

You reckon Lomax is a star fullback despite zero track record - and rate fat boy Te Whare...

Your opinions hold zero credibility!

After the same number of games - Bula is supperior to both!

You have completely false memories - Teddy was a shocking defender and not a natural passer of the ball!! He was also gun-shy after his ACL and soft in the collision!

Edwards had two left feet for hands!!

Wake up Magoo!!

Who said I believe we have a team of superstars???

You can only defend your argument by misrepresenting those who disagree!

You reckon Lomax is a star fullback despite zero track record - and rate fat boy Te Whare...

Your opinions hold zero credibility!
That’s great news we will see our man playing for NSW and Australia in a couple of years time.
Are you tipping a hat trick from him this weekend ?

That’s great news we will see our man playing for NSW and Australia in a couple of years time.
Keep arguing with yourself - I'm not tipping anything this weekend dopey!

Just stating facts - Tedsco's first full season in 2013 was less impressive than Bula's in 2023!

And he first played for NSW in 2016 - in his 4th season.

Bula is 6 games into his second season....

Do you have a brain aneurysm - because you have lost all memory and perspective of reality!

1713854318885.png

Where were Teddy's hat-tricks in his first season???

Oh that's right - they are a figment of your imagination!!

1713854664368.png

This anti Bula agenda is so weird. He’s literally one of the only few bright spots we have & you’re constantly just shitting on the guy for no reason I mean your arguments don’t even make sense… you keep comparing him to guys who are halfway through their careers.
100%

Is there a competition for the worst cold-takes on the forum that we are not aware of?

1713854980073.png

Where were Teddy's hat-tricks in his first season???

Oh that's right - they are a figment of your imagination!!

View attachment 11649
If our man is better at the stage, why wouldn’t he be playing State of Origin and for Australia in a few years time ?
And if he’s as good as you say we should be expecting something special this weekend right ?
Plenty of easy money to be won if you want to put your money where your mouth is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back