Rule Changes You'd Like Implemented

When a player goes off with a hia that player must sub the player that went on for them back off

EXTRA TIME
Change Golden Point to Extra Time.

I dislike that teams can lose from penalty goals and field goals without a right of reply.

I'd be ok with Golden Try as a second choice.

OFFSIDE TEAM FOUL SYSTEM
hear me out.

Currently, teams get away with murder by being offside or holding down in the ruck near their goal line and use spoiling tactics. This creates an issue like we saw in the Canberra game against us, where they were infringing, but happy to give away the 6 again, yet killing all our advantage by always spoiling.

If you have a team foul system, say for offsides, a team only gets, say 5 offsides in a match until a player goes to the bin, then they get 3 fouls back, then 1 back, then 0.

A team foul should only be 5 minutes. Perhaps even until the attacking side hands over possession, which I prefer because teams waste time to shorten the time the player is unavailable - all debatable, but the punishment should be short.

A professional foul, which may be an offside, is still 10 minutes, but does not count on the team foul number.

Stop the clock. Whenever the ball is out of play ie for a scrum, dropout or a conversion the clock should stop and only restart when play does. I feel there are so many inconsistencies in when the referee will stop the clock.

EXTRA TIME
Change Golden Point to Extra Time.

I dislike that teams can lose from penalty goals and field goals without a right of reply.

I'd be ok with Golden Try as a second choice.

OFFSIDE TEAM FOUL SYSTEM
hear me out.

Currently, teams get away with murder by being offside or holding down in the ruck near their goal line and use spoiling tactics. This creates an issue like we saw in the Canberra game against us, where they were infringing, but happy to give away the 6 again, yet killing all our advantage by always spoiling.

If you have a team foul system, say for offsides, a team only gets, say 5 offsides in a match until a player goes to the bin, then they get 3 fouls back, then 1 back, then 0.

A team foul should only be 5 minutes. Perhaps even until the attacking side hands over possession, which I prefer because teams waste time to shorten the time the player is unavailable - all debatable, but the punishment should be short.

A professional foul, which may be an offside, is still 10 minutes, but does not count on the team foul number.
Yep I like it.

I’d start with five fouls per half until someone goes to the bin. Any more conceded past that a player goes off.

Will speed up the game. Rid it of wrestling, foul play.

walking off the mark to play the ball is a real blight - 9 time out of 10 the defender gets pinged or the ball carrier is told to back it up. What rubbish - its a deliberate foul to gain advantage - should be penalised or a handover to defending side.

Few interesting ones from me:

- disclose players salary to cap year on year like the NBA and other sports do & have a minimum expectation for a player to earn. With expansion this will be important to share the good players cross teams.

- evolve the enablement of the quick tap & quick kick, this has died from the game but would allow for open play more freely. Being meter perfect is a joke these days players always kick off the mark and the tap always is off the mark anyway. Just have it within vicinity and go.

- players walking off the tackled spot for 1-2mtrs then play the ball. If a player walks off the mark defending player can’t be offside.

- introduce power play opportunities when a scrum is formed a team can use the power play to then limit amount of defensive players on a side of the field if scrum is set mid field (like they do in cricket) once ball clears scrum players can rush to other side.

- interchange each player must play a min amount of minutes per game if on the interchange unless injured/hia/bin

- intentional push down on the head of a player on the ground = 5min in the bin, it happens every game now - I really hate that crap
1&2&3👍
4&5 👎
6- now your messing with the fabric of the game, it’s a right of passage as a 17 year old to cop your head constantly mashed into the ground.

How about no changes? Every year they making subtle little changes and it’s all to do with making the game faster. It’s why we get the six again rule, the fact it’s just a tap when the ball goes into touch, seven tackle sets etc. The hierarchy are obsessed with the game as fast as humanly possible.

I don’t understand why a penalty is give to a defending team if on kickoff/dropout they do not kick the ball 10m and the offensive team touch it.

It seems illogical that a team who has failed to meet a requirement is provided with an advantage. This is more confusing given the new rules regarding dropouts and no penalty is awarded if the ball doesn’t go ten metres.

Think of the Cows game in 2022 😡

I don’t understand why a penalty is give to a defending team if on kickoff/dropout they do not kick the ball 10m and the offensive team touch it.

It seems illogical that a team who has failed to meet a requirement is provided with an advantage. This is more confusing given the new rules regarding dropouts and no penalty is awarded if the ball doesn’t go ten metres.

Think of the Cows game in 2022 😡
You can’t touch it before it travels 10m because the ball has to have an opportunity to go 10m. If you touch it when it’s stopped or stopping you’re just a moron.

Suspensions….

A player should serve their suspension only against the team they committed the offence against. If the player changes clubs the suspension continues with the player to the new club.

Eg. JWH cops a 4wk suspension for elbowing a Raiders player. He can’t play the Raiders for 4 games.

This way the club the offence occurred agaibst keeps the advantage the next time the teams meet instead of the following week/s team.

Rep games don’t apply to club games with players to receive 1-3 game bans only. “Danny Williams style” issues to carry harsher bans.

Last edited:
Suspensions….

A player should serve their suspension only against the team they committed the offence against. If the player changes clubs the suspension continues with the player to the new club.

Eg. JWH cops a 4wk suspension for elbowing a Raiders player. He can’t play the Raiders for 4 games.

This way the club the offence occurred agaibst keeps the advantage the next time the teams meet instead of the following week/s team.

Rep games don’t apply to club games with players to receive 1-3 game bans only. “Danny Williams style” issues to carry harsher bans.

I do think something needs to change around offenders and suspensions but don’t think this is the answer.

Imagine player getting a long suspension like 6-10 weeks, switching teams at some point and for 6-10yrs never playing that team across multiple clubs.

You can’t touch it before it travels 10m because the ball has to have an opportunity to go 10m. If you touch it when it’s stopped or stopping you’re just a moron.
When they are forced to penalise a team other than Wests Tigers for this infringement you can bet there will be an outcry and and that there is an immediate change to the rule.

Last edited:
Suspensions….

Even better still, the club that the suspended player is playing for at the time only gets to play with 12 players. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

When they are forced to penalise a team other than Wests Tigers for this infringement you can bet there will be an outcry and and that there is an immediate change to the rule.
No sympathy for any player silly enough to do this. I recall Pauga stood 9 metres out when wearing our jersey and the short kick off hit his foot. Bone head moment.

Latest posts

Back