Senior Management and The Board - MEGA Thread

I find it strange that Stapleton stayed on. One of the constitutional problems with the board was that Balmain had not held any elections for over 4 years and Stapleton's tenure had finished 2 years previously. I would of thought it more proper to vacate the Balmain board position as well and for Balmain FC members to vote on their rep. Stapleton may have very well got back in but at least it would have been done correctly.

Talking about the Board here - how would they have been punted? It was an independent review with non-binding recommendations.

Holman Barnes could do what they please, including ignoring the recommendations... in fact, including smothering the recommendations which were not required to be made public. Private review for a privately-run organisation.

So to that extent, Holman Barnes absolutely had the power to appoint themselves. They've been doing it ever since they existed.

I think you are conflating two things..The Wests Tigers Board has been punted by the Holman Barnes Board who appoint them. The Holman Barnes board is unchanged, the Wests Tigers board has been sacked with 4 interim members appointed.

I find it strange that Stapleton stayed on. One of the constitutional problems with the board was that Balmain had not held any elections for over 4 years and Stapleton's tenure had finished 2 years previously. I would have thought it more proper to vacate the Balmain board position as well and for Balmain FC members to vote on their rep. Stapleton may have very well got back in but at least it would have been done correctly.
I think despite all that , he was actually pretty decent at his job , as far as comparing him to the others like burgess .
He was apart of the recruitment committee , at least in the last few years . I think generally he seems like a guy who actually has some nous about him .
I have no issues with his appointment .

Benji & Roberto have a good relationship
with Barry already from his time here and
with Richo who was CEO @ bunnies during
their time there. The fact that we had ready
made replacements lined up & the
fact that none of that leaked is good too

Wow. Just catching up on the news. It’s what I wanted to see happen but I didn’t think we had the balls. Great decision to follow through on the recommendations HBG and to end your own position of power at the same time. Kudos to @cochise and @helmsey and others for bringing it to the surface and making it happen. It’ll be a little shaky, but I see good times ahead.

Last edited:
Richardson is a proper respected Rugby League person. Massive upgrade going from Pascoe to Richardson. He's been part of positive improvement at quite a number of clubs.

Lee sabotaged us so many times in his inability to distinguish between his role as chairman and desire to attract media attention for his law firm.

Very glad to see them both gone.

I see their legacy as bungles and failure. Their backtracking and missteps only increased in frequency as their time went on.

Does this mean Brydens are gone too? If they build a community out at Campbelltown and the club are successful they’ll have sponsors throwing themselves at them.

Back