Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Shawn Blore info I got off a mate who is usually on the money

Fulton told him he’s not wanted and to look for a deal.

He found a deal a month later for same price at a much better club

Met with sheens and benji who had no knowledge of fultons plans. Release denied

Club in question really want him and have offered a centre in exchange

Not sure what’s happened since and I don’t know which club or which centre
Probably Eels and Waqa Blake, no thanks

If true, that’s not what we want to hear.
By all reports Scott Fulton has a bit of influence over a few player managers which at times helps with recruitment, but is a very arrogant and unlikeable bloke.

"Trell's" problem is that he is an arrogant a-hole and despite certain segments trying to paint it otherwise, has always been. No argument, he can play, but I said as much when we were looking at signing him...trouble follows him everywhere.
He might get along real well with Hagi and Fulton 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 851

If and a big if this true...whether you back Fulton ,Benji or neither we can't expect to improve with the recruitment guy thinking he can take control of recruiting without the coaches knowledge.
The arrogance is mind boggling and suggests that he thinks he has the control to do what he wants and he cant be thinking that unless he has the green light from the blokes that employed him.

Have you asked your mate for an update?

The club in question is Melbourne & the centre is Olam. Bellamy really wants him is what i've been told.

The club in question is Melbourne & the centre is Olam. Bellamy really wants him is what i've been told.

Not saying you are wrong,,,but Olam is on his way out of there anyhow…I’m sure they could acquire him if they want him just by offering to take over his deal… Storm won’t pay him to play reserve grade

Firstly I hope we keep Blore. I think he has talent and plenty of upside.

Justin Olan is an interesting one. Turning 30 this year, 104 NRL games with 45 tries, premiership in 2020 and has been one of the elite Centres in the game and comes from a good successful club.

Concerns me he is no longer rated at the Storm, getting older and has had some recent injuries.

Would he be worth the risk for WT?

To'a has one Centre spot but who takes the other spot in 2024?

With the recent signings how many top 30 spots are left for 2024?

this is why we desperately need a Director of Football. needs to fixed because the miscommunication at Football Department level is atrocious.

Firstly I hope we keep Blore. I think he has talent and plenty of upside.

Justin Olan is an interesting one. Turning 30 this year, 104 NRL games with 45 tries, premiership in 2020 and has been one of the elite Centres in the game and comes from a good successful club.

Concerns me he is no longer rated at the Storm, getting older and has had some recent injuries.

Would he be worth the risk for WT?

To'a has one Centre spot but who takes the other spot in 2024?

With the recent signings how many top 30 spots are left for 2024?
Josh Feledy is the answer here .. this kid will be handful to most outside defenders out wide .. he's as strong as an ox .. and runs very hard .. hopefully next season he gets a shot. Reilly is thinking of going back to Ra Ra .. !!

I never accused you of being a racist - that is you playing the victim. I never asked you to make these proclamations about whether or not you're racist or what your family background is. As you point out, I don't know anything about you nor do I particularly care to learn. I also know you weren't the first person to mention race in this thread. But let's be fair, you weren't responding to anyone saying "if you criticise Lattrell Mitchell about anything you're a racist" - you decided to say that's what would happen, even though it hasn't. Yours happened to be the comment along these lines that I responded to, and I don't think the fact it wasn't the first one really makes any difference.

It's also fascinating that you're now talking about Mitchell "using his heritage as a get out clause". I know he has referred to his heritage in the past when he's been criticised for off-field stuff. But we're talking here about his on-field performance, where to the best of my knowledge he hasn't said anything about this. If you can point me to Mitchell saying the reason he's been putting in shithouse performances at fullback is because he's Indigenous and that somehow makes it ok I will wholeheartedly agree with you. But I bet you can't.

There's another response on this thread from someone saying race is important to this conversation because Aboriginal footballers tend to be lazy. Now, as it happens, I tend to think that is quite a racist perspective even if the commenter thinks he's seen enough examples of it that it's "just an observation". You haven't done that, which is why I haven't called you a racist. Which is why my only question to you has been: why did you think it was important to bring up race at all?

Don't feel the need to respond to this - believe it or not I'm not particularly interested in having some internet guy telling me I'm a "pontificating pseudo intellect" (you'll notice that I haven't said anything rude about you at any stage, even though you are consistently responding as if I have). Maybe you could just give some thought to why you didn't feel it was permissable for you to voice your entirely unrelated to race criticisms of Lattrell Mitchell as a footballer, when it is very clear that lots of people are doing exactly that with no blowback whatsoever. It never crossed my mind that if I said Mitchell is burgling a living putting in zero effort at fullback I'd be called a racist; why did you assume that you would?
Tldr. Don't care.

Last edited:
would prefer WT didn’t go ahead with it given Blore’s pedigree and how much we’ve nursed him through, but I wouldn’t throw the toys out of the cot if WT went ahead of it.

it’s a toughie this one.

Give them Naden in a centre for Center deal

Josh Feledy is the answer here .. this kid will be handful to most outside defenders out wide .. he's as strong as an ox .. and runs very hard .. hopefully next season he gets a shot. Reilly is thinking of going back to Ra Ra .. !!
Would be great if Reilly did this as it would open up another’s spot in the top 30 for us next year. Reilly was also contracted for 2024.

would prefer WT didn’t go ahead with it given Blore’s pedigree and how much we’ve nursed him through, but I wouldn’t throw the toys out of the cot if WT went ahead of it.

it’s a toughie this one.
Blore is a must-keep. He has the potential to be that impact middle we crave (along with Pole as he develops) & he loves the club.

Olam would be great but not at the expense of Blore. Kepaoa is the one to try to use in a swap.

Back