Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Semi Valemai who is off contract and Tony Francis who is contracted to the Titans for the next couple of years, but will not get a look in for at NRL level no matter how good he plays. Promise him an NRL starting spot with us and get him out of his contract early.
Both powerhouse wingers who would get us well and truly on the front foot coming out of our danger zone.
Make moves to get them here now and release Tupou early to make room if need be.
agree on both counts. Francis may want to come back to Sydney as well originally being from the south-west. the Titans have an abundance of outside backs and something has to give there.

Semi Valemai who is off contract and Tony Francis who is contracted to the Titans for the next couple of years, but will not get a look in for at NRL level no matter how good he plays. Promise him an NRL starting spot with us and get him out of his contract early.
Both powerhouse wingers who would get us well and truly on the front foot coming out of our danger zone.
Make moves to get them here now and release Tupou early to make room if need be.
Isn’t Kyle feldt looking to retire after this year and valemai is earmarked for his spot

Seems like we’re forever in need of back rowers. Our depth there is one of the reasons we will struggle to get out of the bottom 4. It’s something that needs to be addressed for 25.

You forget the Halcyon days of everyone was a back rower....

Back Rowers at Prop, Hooker, Centre and Back Row...

Reactions: 851
Richo recently mentioned in the WT's podcast that they are happy to move forward with 80% of the top 30 roster and it may take 12 months to complete it to their liking.

If 6 spots are up for grabs, who do we target to take them? Taylan May for a centre position would be ideal. Need a bit more size too. Any thoughts?
Bevan French

Two players off-contract (and one with an option) that would help our squad immensely are:

Jaydn Su'A - we seem to lack that big, powerful backrower who is great defensively & a tackle-buster (would mean a shift for Bateman or iPap).

Isaiah Tass - nothing flash just solid but importantly good defensively & reasonably quick, down pecking order at Souths & wouldn't cost heaven & earth.

Oregon Kaufusi - will be down the pecking order at the Sharks now with AFB coming & would be great off-the-bench at WT.

I'd love a tall, fast & blockbusting winger (maybe Alaimalo becomes this), just not sure who is out there to recruit. Maybe Tony Francis worth looking into?

Isn’t Kyle feldt looking to retire after this year and valemai is earmarked for his spot
He’s off contract at the end of 2024, so we should be making him a better offer if we want wingers that hit the ball up with venom and can get us on the front foot.

Two players off-contract (and one with an option) that would help our squad immensely are:

Jaydn Su'A - we seem to lack that big, powerful backrower who is great defensively & a tackle-buster (would mean a shift for Bateman or iPap).

Isaiah Tass - nothing flash just solid but importantly good defensively & reasonably quick, down pecking order at Souths & wouldn't cost heaven & earth.

Oregon Kaufusi - will be down the pecking order at the Sharks now with AFB coming & would be great off-the-bench at WT.

I'd love a tall, fast & blockbusting winger (maybe Alaimalo becomes this), just not sure who is out there to recruit. Maybe Tony Francis worth looking into?
I thnk we tried to get Su'A but he knocked us back to sign with Saints

I see Kautoga might jag a bench spot with the Bulldogs. He could have been handy....

Don't want 2 kick stones but Shawn Blore would have
been handy. Having said that he hasn't ft. In any trials
yet, nobody on here called him a dud signing for them
with him coming off of 2 knee recos. Doueihi will
be like a mid-season signing. Matamua & Tumeth
are taking up 2 spots. Let's see what happens mid
year, but I'm confident that we avoid the spoon fwiw

I thnk we tried to get Su'A but he knocked us back to sign with Saints
Sua’s aggression on the edge would be perfect.
How do we get him and fit him in our salary cap ?
I don’t think it’s possible without releasing a few other players on decent coin.

Don't want 2 kick stones but Shawn Blore would have
been handy. Having said that he hasn't ft. In any trials
yet, nobody on here called him a dud signing for them
with him coming off of 2 knee recos. Doueihi will
be like a mid-season signing. Matamua & Tumeth
are taking up 2 spots. Let's see what happens mid
year, but I'm confident that we avoid the spoon fwiw
Some of us are writing off Matamua and Tumeth far too early.
They both played and started in an extremely dominant NSW u/19’s team in 2022 they did not reach that level without having talent.
I’ll say it again many young forwards take a couple of seasons to toughen up, mature and make the transition to open age rugby league.
I hope we give them a chance to see what they can do in NSW Cup early this season before making any decision on them.

Oregon kaufusi would be a great pick up , I was hoping we would have signed him before he went to the sharks , I believe he is good friends with stepho

From what I’ve heard around the league - Fox is likely to end up on the market this year with all the dogs outside backs options 2-5 not including JAC:

Bronson Xerri
Jacob Kiraz
Blake Wilson
Stephen Crithon
Connor Tracey

They’re also in dialogue with the May brothers including Taylan. That may give you an idea on there thoughts about JAC as Dogs would let him go and might be active in that approach at some point in the season given there depth and his $.

Personally, I don’t think Fox has lost his speed and ability I still consider him an assist with his pace and experience. Absolutely nobody last year barring Jacob Preston looked good considering the talent on the field.

The year before he was scoring 4 tries for Australia and was considered one of the best wingers in the world and he’s only 28.

I think his experience with success but also on a side with Olam who have won competitions together - on a discounted price of course for about 375k and Dogs cover 75k-100 or around that region I’d welcome it.

Some experience as well to our fresh batch of wingers coming through in Lobb, Lualili and Willet. Think he still has a quality 2 years left in him and would add a lot of value and at not as costly as a figure as people may think.

I’d want Taylan tbh but seems likely Roosters may grab him with Manu looking like hist most likely gone and Suallili officially too.

7he played league as a kid, with Mitch Pearce
Western Tigers Mt Druitt but was picked up by the Rah Rahs and gifted a spot at Joey's and then trained as a Tah from 15 then signed as a Waratah at 16 - so whatever RL he played was well over 20 odd years ago and the game has changed a lot since then. For a start - we now have colour TV.

Western Tigers Mt Druitt but was picked up by the Rah Rahs and gifted a spot at Joey's and then trained as a Tah from 15 then signed as a Waratah at 16 - so whatever RL he played was well over 20 odd years ago and the game has changed a lot since then. For a start - we now have colour TV.

Pretty sure it was him that played under 15’s in the halves for Balmain with Mitchell Pearce

Staff online

Back