Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Hearing Olam speak on Mansours podcast, mentioning his connection with Fox, a couple of times....

Maybe worth a shout...
Where there's smoke, there is fire.
Don't think Dogs would stand in his way.

1 Bula
2 Staines or new signing
3 Faatape or new signing
4 Olam
5 Fox

Curious where the Schiller hype is coming from? I admit I haven't seen much of him. Looking at his stats he's 23 this year and has only played 10 NRL games and looks to be stuck behind some fairly average NRL wingers.

Has he had a heap of injuries or something else happen?

Curious where the Schiller hype is coming from? I admit I haven't seen much of him. Looking at his stats he's 23 this year and has only played 10 NRL games and looks to be stuck behind some fairly average NRL wingers.

Has he had a heap of injuries or something else happen?
22yo, rangy with a bit of pace, and from the limited amount I have seen of him he just looks up for it. Looked good in the trials and scored a hattrick against the Magpies in KOE.
Could just be good against average opposition, but he is also stuck behind some very good centres at Canberra. He's worth a try, seems too good for reserve grade.

I was not impressed watching him last week , he looks very small
Tulagi - 188cm

James Tedesco - 184cm
Reece Walsh - 177cm
Dylan Edwards - 177cm
Papenhuzen - 181cm
Charnze - 182cm
Ponga - 184cm
Jayden Campbell - 183cm
Drinkwater - 181cm
Kennedy - 183cm

He is taller than majority of players in that position and is only 19, plenty of time to bulk up. As someone else said he ran directly over Turbo to score, you don't do that if you're small

Hearing Olam speak on Mansours podcast, mentioning his connection with Fox, a couple of times....

Maybe worth a shout...

1 Bula
2 Staines or new signing
3 Faatape or new signing
4 Olam
5 Fox
If we somehow start 2025 with the following backline then I think we will be in for a fun year:

1 Bula
2 Staines
3 Lomax
4 Olam
5 Fox

Do you really need that? So far, I haven't seen Staines' speed serve any purpose at WT.

I've seen both Tupou and Bula chase down players from breaks but not Staines yet.

IMO we need to find a way to use his speed, if we can't do that we're better off with a metre eater winger.
I said many times in the off season that I think we need to pair Charlie with Olam. It is fine having his pace but if we can't get him using it than what is the point.

Edit: This is also why I think Lomax would be a good signing. If Benji is solid with Charlie being on the right than Lomax also has the ability to unlock his speed. He has put Ravalawa in space countless times over the last couple seasons because he is constantly drawing the opposition winger in, something Starford just doesn't do.

Hasn’t been for a while very glad we didn’t get him.
Cotric bog average .. he was good for 1 or 2 years early in his career with Canberra .. at school he was a big as he is today for a winger .. and was called Roids Cotric in the school comps .. he was bigger than most forwards in the 16, 17, 18 year old comps. Would stay right away from him, not for us.

I see that Paul Kent must really must hate the TIGERS, first saying that Leichhardt Oval should be scrapped and no money given to an upgrade, how mush he doesn't like Leichhardt and if the NRL did buy it and upgrade, it would not be fair on other Teams. Then goes on how API should have been suspended for 6 weeks for a hip drop, he continually rubbishes our club, docen't say much about the Roosters or Bulldogs, I wonder why.
he said the other night he has a tigers membershi this year, is always at tigers games at Leichardt but yes he does give it to us whenever the occassion arises

I see that Paul Kent must really must hate the TIGERS, first saying that Leichhardt Oval should be scrapped and no money given to an upgrade, how mush he doesn't like Leichhardt and if the NRL did buy it and upgrade, it would not be fair on other Teams. Then goes on how API should have been suspended for 6 weeks for a hip drop, he continually rubbishes our club, docen't say much about the Roosters or Bulldogs, I wonder why.
Kent likes Leichhardt. Read was arguing the opposite.

Maybe worth a shout...

1 Bula
2 Staines or new signing
3 Faatape or new signing
4 Olam
5 Fox
would make sense as a swap for Bud as the $ would be similar

would make sense as a swap for Bud as the $ would be similar
I don't think it makes sense on the dogs end, they already have a few "spine" players that aren't 100% sure of their best position.

More sense in a swap with Dragons for Lomax. They would have never moved him on if they knew about the Amone situation.

Maybe worth a shout...

1 Bula
2 Staines or new signing
3 Faatape or new signing
4 Olam
5 Fox
fox on the wing would work
1. bula
2. Staines
3. Lomax
4. olam
5. fox
very solid

fox on the wing would work
1. bula
2. Staines
3. Lomax
4. olam
5. fox
very solid
Plenty of quality, but would you get enough momentum in hit ups out of our own danger zone with a combination of Staines & Addo-Carr ?
Ideally I think it’s one or the other and the other winger would have more size and power with hit ups out of our own danger zone.

Last edited:
I appreciate that he has been around a long time and made a lot of contacts and acquaintances but you have got to be a bit more selective about who you call a good mate.
I doubt that Richo would suffer fools.
Brent Read may be like Noel Kelly or Tommy Raudonikis were in there playing days.
Do 'anything' to get a story/win a game of RL for the Mighty Magpies.
But off the field completely different decent and honest blokes.

Back