Wests Tigers Podcast - Hosted by Helmsey&Eddie.

Eddie, Declan and Joel take a look at the Olam and Blore swap, and play a round of Buy, Sell or Hold. Enjoy! https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0297/
Yeah I’m listening in the car. Interesting.

I agree with the general optimism and even elation about the new management.

So I joined the club late last year as a stamp of broad approval.

Your coverage of Olam was very good, although I’m not sure he wanted to stay at the storm.

I thought Fulton was doing good things with recruitment -all the Manly players and Luai work and I thought Cogger was the better call for the future. That said, Benji can’t wait too long for results and the little we saw of his coaching last year was not exactly awe inspiring. The jury is out I agree. That is not to detract from his benefits in other areas. The price of Luai etc may be Benji? Does that mean we have to keep Benji despite results?

Richo had a recruitment role at South’s with mixed success post their grand final. I think he’s better in the command role.

Declan’s comments about Morris very insightful. All things considered, his work at the sharks was outstanding.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the podcast. It’s free and all that. Don’t cop any evilness about it by boneheads. They can start their own podcast!

Last edited:
Yeah I’m listening in the car. Interesting.

I agree with the general optimism and even elation about the new management.

So I joined the club late last year as a stamp of broad approval.

Your coverage of Olam was very good, although I’m not sure he wanted to stay at the storm.

I thought Fulton was doing good things with recruitment -all the Manly players and Luai work and I thought Cogger was the better call for the future. That said, Benji can’t wait too long for results and the little we saw of his coaching last year was not exactly awe inspiring. The jury is out I agree. That is not to detract from his benefits in other areas. The price of Luai etc may be Benji? Does that mean we have to keep Benji despite results?

Richo had a recruitment role at South’s with mixed success post their grand final. I think he’s better in the command role.

Declan’s comments about Morris very insightful. All things considered, his work at the sharks was outstanding.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the podcast. It’s free and all that. Don’t cop any evilness about it by boneheads. They can start their own podcast!
It's a steep slope once you start agreeing with Declan.

It's a steep slope once you start agreeing with Declan.
I found myself agreeing and disagreeing with each of them at different times, based on my understanding of things.

The topics were well chosen and it’s free so good on ‘em.

Having Shane about is a good thing and I’m waiting for him to reply to me with a few observations, but also let’s stay composed.

He sacked a gear steward and the physio.

Change was badly needed, Shane is the best available, but let’s also look at the justification is my point.

What crimes did the gear steward commit?

We need a dedicated recruiter, it’s critical.

Last edited:
Thx as always crew, Helps the WFH day go quicker.

Idea - What the chance you can get Chris Warren (WT Media Guy), Richo or even Benji on as a guest???
Yeah, the general fan feeling is that there is a blackout for some reason. Right or wrong.

I’d like Declan on the interview panel.

Did I just have a joke about a player deleted? No care factor just wondering?

Shit joke probably deserved deletion
No worries.

There was no bigger joke than Lee and Justin driving in to see Vlandys and complain about the Feldt dive.

Lee had his ferari, Justin’s hair looked clean and brushed. First time in years.

We were going to give them a lesson they would never forget. Claim our 2 points and take plenty of scalps.

Memory serves we left NRL Hq, bowing, walking backwards and muttering apologies amongst the tears.

We really showed ‘em whose boss.

I remember shaking my head and feeling deeply embarrassed ( again!).

No worries.

There was no bigger joke than Lee and Justin driving in to see Vlandys and complain about the Feldt dive.

Lee had his ferari, Justin’s hair looked clean and brushed. First time in years.

We were going to give them a lesson they would never forget. Claim our 2 points and take plenty of scalps.

Memory serves we left NRL Hq, bowing, walking backwards and muttering apologies amongst the tears.

We really showed ‘em whose boss.

I remember shaking my head and feeling deeply embarrassed ( again!).
The beauty of it is they are gone now and we have qualified people in those positions. They were never up to those jobs and were in self-preservation mode for far too long and not making decisions in the best interests of the club. Probably without even knowing what they were doing wrong.

Not only that, we finally landed a big fish and have cleaned out some of the people who only knew our losing culture.

I give it 2-3 years and we might have a footy club that makes us smile on the weekends. Until then it’ll be more cringeworthy jokes about our battlers.

The beauty of it is they are gone now and we have qualified people in those positions. They were never up to those jobs and were in self-preservation mode for far too long and not making decisions in the best interests of the club. Probably without even knowing what they were doing wrong.

Not only that, we finally landed a big fish and have cleaned out some of the people who only knew our losing culture.

I give it 2-3 years and we might have a footy club that makes us smile on the weekends. Until then it’ll be more cringeworthy jokes about our battlers.
Yes, as to our playing group: our ugly, lazy, incompetent, bumbling, psychotic bunch of fakers, dunces, footy imposters and failures….

…were the main reason I signed up to become a member this year!

They properly represent me, my values and general beliefs out there on the park!

I will criticise them, but underneath I care about them and have best wishes and regard for all our blokes on the personal level.

Last edited:
Episode 0299 is warmed up and ready to go! Eddie, Garry and Steve talk Greg Inglis, Lachlan Galvin and put the Wests Tigers backs and halves for 2024 under the microscope. https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0299/
Great podcast guys. Nailed it imo with regards to the outside backs although some very interesting questions posed. Very contentious opinions with regards to Doueihi and Galvin. Im looking forward to what others here might think?

Great podcast guys. Nailed it imo with regards to the outside backs although some very interesting questions posed. Very contentious opinions with regards to Doueihi and Galvin. Im looking forward to what others here might think?
maybe Galvin down the track transitions to ball playing 13
As for AD he is done, his money better spent elsewhere in 2025

It's our 300th! A big edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast with a look back at the highlights of being a Wests Tigers fan since the pod came into being (yes, we found a few!), we also have some bold future predictions, analyze the Wests Tigers forward pack for 2024 and have details on how you can join us for a road trip to see the Wests Tigers in action! https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0300/

Back