Wests Tigers Podcast - Hosted by Helmsey&Eddie.

Once again we will be conducting the Geoff Chisholm Player of the Year Award. Vote below for the Man of the Match for the first trial against the Warriors. Votes in this game will not count towards the Player of the Year Award.

Thx for helping keep memory of the great old mate ( @Geo) alive.

NRL is back and on this week’s episode Steve and Garry take over the show!

The boys discuss the NRL Las Vegas launch of Season 2024, did they see it as a success? Did the reduction in field size effect the game play? and should the Wests Tigers be included in future trips to the United States?

Garry and Steve then take a deep dive into what needs to change before the Tigers take the field in round 2, what should the focus be in both defence and attack to ensure Wests make a positive start to the season.

Discussion then turns to predicted line ups for the start of the season, what is the side the boys would pick and will Benji Marshall pick a similar team.

Sit back and enjoy as the A team of the Wests Tigers Podcast take you through all the latest in the world of Wests Tigers.

Wests Tigers Podcast 0305 | Wests Tigers Podcast

NRL is back and on this week’s episode Steve and Garry take over the show!

The boys discuss the NRL Las Vegas launch of Season 2024, did they see it as a success? Did the reduction in field size effect the game play? and should the Wests Tigers be included in future trips to the United States?

Garry and Steve then take a deep dive into what needs to change before the Tigers take the field in round 2, what should the focus be in both defence and attack to ensure Wests make a positive start to the season.

Discussion then turns to predicted line ups for the start of the season, what is the side the boys would pick and will Benji Marshall pick a similar team.

Sit back and enjoy as the A team of the Wests Tigers Podcast take you through all the latest in the world of Wests Tigers.

Wests Tigers Podcast 0305 | Wests Tigers Podcast

Good listening 👍
Can we afford 2 small men on our bench ?
I’m a big fan of both Da Silva and Latu Fainu, just not sure if it’s feasible to have both of them on the bench.
My prediction is Benji will select Tupou on the wing, To’a in the centres and Sullivan at 5/8, but I do agree with you that our aerial threat is generally terrible and it would be much improved by selecting Lobb.
I have a feeling he will select Pole or Twal at 13. No doubt he was initially intending on starting with Seyfarth, but his poor trial against the Dragons will likely cost him that spot.
I’m thinking Benji will select a bench of Latu Fainu as the utility to replace Api when he has a rest, but also an option to come on and spark the halves if required,
Kepaoa to cover back row and outside backs, particularly in light of Olam’s constant injury concerns.
Samuela Fainu to be used more as a middle forward.
Whoever does not start out of Pole and Twal for the final bench spot.
Sezer will no doubt start the season as our 7. I think it’s a mistake and we would be better off showing a bit of faith in the attacking flair of Sullivan at 7.

Last edited:
Good listening 👍
I’m a big fan of both Da Silva and Latu Fainu, just not sure if it’s feasible to have both of them on the bench.
My prediction is Benji will select Tupou on the wing, To’a in the centres and Sullivan at 5/8, but I do agree with you that our aerial threat is generally terrible and it would be much improved by selecting Lobb.
I have a feeling he will select Pole or Twal at 13. No doubt he was initially intending on starting with Seyfarth, but his poor trial against the Dragons will likely cost him that spot.
I’m thinking Benji will select a bench of Latu Fainu as the utility to replace Api when he has a rest, but also an option to come on and spark the halves if required,
Kepaoa to cover back row and outside backs, particularly in light of Olam’s constant injury concerns.
Sezer will no doubt start the season as our 7. I think it’s a mistake and we would be better off showing a bit of faith in the attacking flair of Sullivan at 7.
I can't really argue with any of that mate. I think Latu missing the trials have damaged his chances for Round 2.

Good listening 👍

Agree with most mentioned above mate.

I think we will be better off long term letting TDS finish the junior reps season out and get minutes in the body than playing 10-15mins week on week NRL level. Give him a few games during the year but not consistently off the bench.

Lobb has really impressed me with how he just attacks the high ball, you can’t train that it’s natural for him and we should be putting him on the flank in round 1. Sezer will kick his way 100% especially as the Raiders wingers who he will have a good 10cm on + Rapana is not good under the high ball.

Good listening 👍
i enjoyed your comments until you got to the awful player AJ Kepoa. He should be nowhere near the 17. Simply way below NRL standard

i enjoyed your comments until you got to the awful player AJ Kepoa. He should be nowhere near the 17. Simply way below NRL standard
I agree, but who do you have as cover for your outside backs?

Back