1 week at a time

@Icon said:
@Juro said:
My latest go at the predictor had us scraping into 8th place on 28 points, losing to Manly and the Titans but beating the Bulldogs in round 26.

Just playing with the predictor, it is mathematically possible for us to win all our remaining games and still finish 11th. It is also possible for us to make the top 8 on only 24 points (ie 2 more wins).

are you sure we can win all our remaining games and finish 11th? - that can't be right mate, we'd be on 32 points…so what you're saying the cut off point for the 8 is 32 or higher. Sorry but i don't buy it, you must have done something wrong or i'm miss reading what you wrote.

He said possible-We can win all our games, but if the Broncos, Sea Eagles, Knights, Panthers, Rabbitohs, Cowboys etc win all of theirs they will still be in front of us. Possible, but unlikely.

@Geo. said:
@Kaiser said:
Like i said in the old forum… We'll storm into the finals!!!

:laughing: consistant…...I'm with ya Mike....

Welcome, the army of optimists is more than happy to gain a member… we are pretty low on troop numbers atm but we are expecting a sharp increase in registered troops tuesday week haha

@Juro said:
My latest go at the predictor had us scraping into 8th place on 28 points, losing to Manly and the Titans but beating the Bulldogs in round 26.

Just playing with the predictor, it is mathematically possible for us to win all our remaining games and still finish 11th. It is also possible for us to make the top 8 on only 24 points (ie 2 more wins).

The Bulldogs and Titans games are interesting. If the Bulldogs are safely in the Top 4 and cannot catch the Dragons for the minor premiership, will they consider resting some of their better players in the last round? No, you don't want to lose momentum just before the finals but it wouldn't be the first time it has happened. Like the Tigers in 05, will the Titans lose their way in the last few rounds before their first finals series? I honestly feel that the Manly game this week on paper should be the toughest game we face in the last few rounds.

@NJLM78 said:
@Juro said:

The Bulldogs and Titans games are interesting. If the Bulldogs are safely in the Top 4 and cannot catch the Dragons for the minor premiership, will they consider resting some of their better players in the last round? No, you don't want to lose momentum just before the finals but it wouldn't be the first time it has happened. Like the Tigers in 05, will the Titans lose their way in the last few rounds before their first finals series? I honestly feel that the Manly game this week on paper should be the toughest game we face in the last few rounds.

I am inclined to agree with you; that and the Parramatta game. If the Eels keep their current momentum that will be pretty tough.

@Marshall_magic said:
@Icon said:
@Juro said:

are you sure we can win all our remaining games and finish 11th? - that can't be right mate, we'd be on 32 points…so what you're saying the cut off point for the 8 is 32 or higher. Sorry but i don't buy it, you must have done something wrong or i'm miss reading what you wrote.

He said possible-We can win all our games, but if the Broncos, Sea Eagles, Knights, Panthers, Rabbitohs, Cowboys etc win all of theirs they will still be in front of us. Possible, but unlikely.

No, that's not possible because at some stages they play each other,so they can't all win all their games. And to qoute, "possible for us to win all our remaining games and still finish 11th….i'm saying that's impossible.

After we beat Manly (yes we will beat them) we won't be "flying under the radar" any more.
They will be talking us up. Hopefully this will work in our favour , but it may put pressure on the team.
As long as Benji doesn't get carried away and shoot 20m cut out no-look flick passes while no-ones looking we could give this comp a shake.
(Having said that eels will probably beat us regardless of how where going)

Like the thread title says, 1 week at a time.

Forget about making the 8, forget about bulldogs, titans, eels etc, JUST BEAT MANLY!!

I HATE Manly. I hate to see them win, I hate watching them play, I hate the players, the fans, the coach, I hate everything about Manly. I don't care about making the finals right now, I just want to see Manly get smacked.

…phew, that feels better.

@citizen cub said:
our run home is:

rd 21 eagles at sfs

rd 22 roosters at sfs

rd 23 sharks at toyota stadium

rd 24 eels at sfs

rd 25 titans at skilled park

rd 26 bulldogs at sfs
\
\
we have to win 4 out of 6 and i reckon those wins could be roosters, sharks, eels and titans and possibly bulldogs we can smash any of these teams if we're playing well

We have to beat Manly, because we can only afford to drop one match now, if any…....and the way Parramatta is playing, that team poses the most problem for the Wests Tigers

Focus on Manly and Manly only…..Like the thread states "1 week at a time". The players i'm sure are not getting ahead of themselves, and we as fans should adopt a similar line of thinking as hard as it may be. Worry about your own backyard and the rest will fix itself.

@PYMBLEPETE said:
@NJLM78 said:
@Juro said:

I am inclined to agree with you; that and the Parramatta game. If the Eels keep their current momentum that will be pretty tough.

I agree Manly & Parra will be the two toughest games. I really hope we can top Manly and if our defense holds we are a chance, if we do I think we could be a force to be reckoned with as the boys will be pumped. I wasnt worried about Parra until the past few weeks but if we can beat Manly we should be able to have a good go at Parra.

Back