12 -12

MGB

**12 -12**
Just forgetting about missing the finals (yet again) for a minute. To actually square the win loss ledger from where this side was two months ago is a truly massive effort.

Our second best season. And we have beaten a fair few of the top teams in those 12 wins (bulldogs, titans, storm, eagles, eels, …). The only team that managed to beat us twice this year is the bloody panthers.

And in 8 out of the last 10 years, winning 50% of the games would have gotten you into the semifinals. Bad luck to us that other games didn't make that work this year.

Very pleasing to actually have some success against a few teams that ended up in finals. On the other hand very disappointing to fall short considering how average most teams in the finals are going . Things are looking good for 2010,especially if we can give KG some mates to help him up front. The only problems, I have found over the years that good form at the back end of one season seldom translates into anything the following year and basically every year is a new year with own challenges.

There were alot of positves this season & if it was 07 or 08 28points would have been enough but at the end of the day it will go down as a dissapointing season
& for what ever reason (And there a plenty) we should'nt have been in this position.We would have given the 8 a real shake cause all the teams in the 8 are very beatable but its not to be.
Bring on 2010 :sign:

A squad containing Farah, Marshall, Ellis, Heighington, Galloway, Lawrence etc etc should not consider a 50-50 ratio acceptable.

@Zaibatsu said:
A squad containing Farah, Marshall, Ellis, Heighington, Galloway, Lawrence etc etc should not consider a 50-50 ratio acceptable.

Completely agree, the last two months have been really encouraging but it doesn't take away from the fact that the team underperformed this year, having said that many had us pencilled in for the spoon hey Z.

I picked up the round 17 Big League today.
\
\
After round 16:

14th (equal 2nd last with the Sharks) on 12 points.
Won 5 Lost 10, -54 F/A
One of the worst defensive records.

Skip forward 9 weeks:

We will finish 9th on 28 points.
Won 12 Lost 12, + 75
Most tries scored .
2nd points scored (though could well finish 4th here).
8th points conceded (though could end up finish 6th here).

It's an impressive run home.

If we had of won one of the games we lost to the Dogs (2 points), Rabbits (1), Broncos (2) and Storm (2) we would be in the finals.

Win them all and we are in the top 4.

@Zaibatsu said:

That is exactly right. We could have had 14-10 w/l record if we could have put teams away when the opportunity presented itself.

its a bit harsh
\
\
\
Bulldogs
probably would of one if Benji was playing

Rabbits
Benjji missed a simple tackle & they even the score

Broncos
Benji got sin bined( bad call)

Storm
nothing
\
\
i still love him but =P
but how many games has he one for us?

Subjectively, it was a good season for us.

End result wise - it was a terrible season for us.

I would hope next year we can actually reach our potential.

@pacey said:
its a bit harsh
\
\
\
Bulldogs

Rabbits

Broncos

Storm
nothing
\
\
i still love him but =P

Storm = Laurie Drops the ball while running to the tryline with no one infront of him and no one chasing him.

@Hit or Miss said:
@pacey said:
its a bit harsh
\
\
\
Bulldogs

Rabbits

Broncos

Storm
nothing
\
\
i still love him but =P

Storm = Laurie Drops the ball while running to the tryline with no one infront of him and no one chasing him.

Thank you very much…... :brick:

@pacey said:
its a bit harsh
\
\
\
Bulldogs
probably would of **one** if Benji was playing

Rabbits

Broncos

Storm
nothing
\
\
i still love him but =P
but how many games has he **one** for us?

WON

What do they teach in schools these days? :brick:

after this weekends results, had we been in the top 8, we would have had every team shaking in their boots.
i really really realllllllllllllllly hope 2010 is the year for us.

@Hit or Miss said:
@pacey said:
its a bit harsh
\
\
\
Bulldogs

Rabbits

Broncos

Storm
nothing
\
\
i still love him but =P

haha i was just about 2 say that

Back