2010 PREMIERSHIP IN OUR SIGHT!

M

Mark_NanKivell

What are your views?

I can see it is very possible that we can win this year's Premiership!

I take no notice of the odds on the Betting Markets!

It is The Year Of The Tiger, and The Tigers have the ability to take out this year's Premiership!

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

We can win it but we are so far off atm it isn't funny.

We need to get our gun players firing. Our forwards going forward. Injuries need to be minimised and we need tog et on a roll with regards to team form.

In 05 when we turned up to play we were unstoppable. We are a far cry from that but who knows.

Play some consistant footy and make the semis. Than I will consider our chances for a premiership

We have been in similar positions in the last few years.

Need to get through the first week of the semis first….

I like the positve nature of the thread though - keep it up

We need to show we can win 3 or 4 games in a row consistently. Yes every team will lose but it has to be close and we have to bounce back. The Dogs will i feel be the biggest test so far. We have to be professional, might even say Doggies like and grind out for 60 minutes get a lead and run amok for the last 15 to 20.

The only thing this side does consistently is be inconsistent.
We need to make the finals first (something we have failed to do since 05) and then depending on form leading in, position on ladder, injuries to key players etc. etc. could anyone seriously start talking about winning the lot. Long long way to go. Premiership sides do not get 50 point touch ups.

DEFENSE - this is our only problem area as I see it… if we defend well our attack comes good ala vs the Warriors...

I think 80-90% of our training needs to be on defending, we have the skill & talent to put anyone in the comp away if we defend well...

@Tiger_Al said:
DEFENSE - this is our only problem area as I see it… if we defend well our attack comes good ala vs the Warriors...

I think 80-90% of our training needs to be on defending, we have the skill & talent to put anyone in the comp away if we defend well...

our last 2 games we have only let in 12 points ( both from 1st half ) and scored 73 points…. hopefully we can keep it up

A big call for a team that really is up and down like a yo-yo. I think they are a big chance for a 6 7 or 8 finish but cant see them troubling the like of St george Manly or maybe Bronks at full strength in the end of season big games. Anything is possible and we are going to get an idea soon when or draw gets a lot tougher

@MGB said:
The only thing this side does consistently is be inconsistent.
We need to make the finals first (something we have failed to do since 05) and then depending on form leading in, position on ladder, injuries to key players etc. etc. could anyone seriously start talking about winning the lot. Long long way to go. Premiership sides do not get 50 point touch ups.

No you're right, Premiership sides get 40 point touch ups ala 2008 GF. Parramatta copped some floggings last year and look where it got them. :sunglasses:

Our biggest problem, just like Parra in the first half of last year, is attitude. Got the roster and the ability covered already.

we just played 2 teams with half their side out.. thats what does worry me abit about our defense did it really improve or who were we playing? we even played the roosters without their halfback

lets beat the dogs then entertain the idea.
beat raiders after the bye, and we will see where we stand with the dragons @ there home.

Prior to waiting for last Friday nights game to be replayed by Channel 9 our friendly family orientated broadcaster I placed in the DVD player the highlights of 2005 rather than watch the chokers play the curtain raiser.
In 2005 we lost 4 in a row, didn't start our rise until the midway point of the season and could have finished much higher on the ladder if we didn't drop the last couple of games.
I felt that we were going to emulate 2005 last year until we lost Taniela in that game against Parramatta!.

KICK ARSE TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we beat the dogs convincingly like most other top 4 teams do then ill entertain the idea of top 4… but to beat the dragons, eagles, titans or panthers in a semi is a massive call let alone win the final... we will know alot mofe come friday night...

@Brisbane Tiger said:
If we beat the dogs convincingly like most other top 4 teams do then ill entertain the idea of top 4… but to beat the dragons, eagles, titans or panthers in a semi is a massive call let alone win the final... we will know alot mofe come friday night...

Canberra beat the Dragons at WIN, the Rorters beat the Titans full strength at Robina, Parra beat Manly at Brookie…. Souff's put 20 on the Panfers last week....

Does that make them contenders....?

Week to week consistancy in performance is what you want.....

We have a top 4 team in 2010,,,losing to the Scumdogs won't change that.....just like winning won't confirm it... unless they can back it up week in week out.....

Mentally I think the turned the corner after the SCG game..Smash the Dogs on Friday ....we'll know..

Only have to make the semis, if we cant do that were kidding ourselves.

I believe we will.

I also believe we can beat anyone on our day

GEO saints had half their team out

@Mark NanKivell said:
What are your views?

I can see it is very possible that we can win this year's Premiership!

I take no notice of the odds on the Betting Markets!

It is The Year Of The Tiger, and The Tigers have the ability to take out this year's Premiership!

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Two weeks ago the 'ship was sinking fast', and now we can win the comp?

I'd hate to watch you on cup day. :laughing:

Back