2010 PREMIERSHIP IN OUR SIGHT!

M

Mark_NanKivell

Guest
What are your views?

I can see it is very possible that we can win this year's Premiership!

I take no notice of the odds on the Betting Markets!

It is The Year Of The Tiger, and The Tigers have the ability to take out this year's Premiership!

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:
 

tiger05

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
1,692
We can win it but we are so far off atm it isn't funny.

We need to get our gun players firing. Our forwards going forward. Injuries need to be minimised and we need tog et on a roll with regards to team form.

In 05 when we turned up to play we were unstoppable. We are a far cry from that but who knows.
 

system

New member
Joined
Jan 8, 2019
Messages
11,941
Play some consistant footy and make the semis. Than I will consider our chances for a premiership
 

Spartan117

Moderator
Staff member
Forum Leader
Joined
Oct 7, 2009
Messages
8,868
Location
Picnic Point, Sydney
We have been in similar positions in the last few years.

Need to get through the first week of the semis first….

I like the positve nature of the thread though - keep it up
 

IronTiger

New member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
963
We need to show we can win 3 or 4 games in a row consistently. Yes every team will lose but it has to be close and we have to bounce back. The Dogs will i feel be the biggest test so far. We have to be professional, might even say Doggies like and grind out for 60 minutes get a lead and run amok for the last 15 to 20.
 

MGB

New member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
535
The only thing this side does consistently is be inconsistent.
We need to make the finals first (something we have failed to do since 05) and then depending on form leading in, position on ladder, injuries to key players etc. etc. could anyone seriously start talking about winning the lot. Long long way to go. Premiership sides do not get 50 point touch ups.
 

Tiger_Al

New member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
354
DEFENSE - this is our only problem area as I see it… if we defend well our attack comes good ala vs the Warriors...

I think 80-90% of our training needs to be on defending, we have the skill & talent to put anyone in the comp away if we defend well...
 

KingOvKingz09

New member
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
1,284
@Tiger_Al said:
DEFENSE - this is our only problem area as I see it… if we defend well our attack comes good ala vs the Warriors...

I think 80-90% of our training needs to be on defending, we have the skill & talent to put anyone in the comp away if we defend well...

our last 2 games we have only let in 12 points ( both from 1st half ) and scored 73 points…. hopefully we can keep it up
 

supercoach

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
9,020
A big call for a team that really is up and down like a yo-yo. I think they are a big chance for a 6 7 or 8 finish but cant see them troubling the like of St george Manly or maybe Bronks at full strength in the end of season big games. Anything is possible and we are going to get an idea soon when or draw gets a lot tougher
 

Cultured_Bogan

Well-known member
Forum Leader
Joined
Sep 15, 2009
Messages
26,677
Location
Blue Mountains
@MGB said:
The only thing this side does consistently is be inconsistent.
We need to make the finals first (something we have failed to do since 05) and then depending on form leading in, position on ladder, injuries to key players etc. etc. could anyone seriously start talking about winning the lot. Long long way to go. Premiership sides do not get 50 point touch ups.

No you're right, Premiership sides get 40 point touch ups ala 2008 GF. Parramatta copped some floggings last year and look where it got them. :sunglasses:

Our biggest problem, just like Parra in the first half of last year, is attitude. Got the roster and the ability covered already.
 

Golden

New member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
3,153
we just played 2 teams with half their side out.. thats what does worry me abit about our defense did it really improve or who were we playing? we even played the roosters without their halfback
 

izotope

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 20, 2009
Messages
2,447
lets beat the dogs then entertain the idea.
beat raiders after the bye, and we will see where we stand with the dragons @ there home.
 
Joined
Mar 12, 2010
Messages
871
Prior to waiting for last Friday nights game to be replayed by Channel 9 our friendly family orientated broadcaster I placed in the DVD player the highlights of 2005 rather than watch the chokers play the curtain raiser.
In 2005 we lost 4 in a row, didn't start our rise until the midway point of the season and could have finished much higher on the ladder if we didn't drop the last couple of games.
I felt that we were going to emulate 2005 last year until we lost Taniela in that game against Parramatta!.
 
M

Mark_NanKivell

Guest
KICK ARSE TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Brisbane_Tiger

New member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
846
Location
brisbane
If we beat the dogs convincingly like most other top 4 teams do then ill entertain the idea of top 4… but to beat the dragons, eagles, titans or panthers in a semi is a massive call let alone win the final... we will know alot mofe come friday night...
 

Geo

Moderator
Staff member
Forum Leader
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
47,641
Location
Campbelltown NSW..
@Brisbane Tiger said:
If we beat the dogs convincingly like most other top 4 teams do then ill entertain the idea of top 4… but to beat the dragons, eagles, titans or panthers in a semi is a massive call let alone win the final... we will know alot mofe come friday night...

Canberra beat the Dragons at WIN, the Rorters beat the Titans full strength at Robina, Parra beat Manly at Brookie…. Souff's put 20 on the Panfers last week....

Does that make them contenders....?

Week to week consistancy in performance is what you want.....

We have a top 4 team in 2010,,,losing to the Scumdogs won't change that.....just like winning won't confirm it... unless they can back it up week in week out.....

Mentally I think the turned the corner after the SCG game..Smash the Dogs on Friday ....we'll know..
 

innsaneink

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
37,990
Location
...ahead of you....
Only have to make the semis, if we cant do that were kidding ourselves.

I believe we will.

I also believe we can beat anyone on our day

GEO saints had half their team out
 

TheSunTanSuperman

New member
Joined
Aug 5, 2009
Messages
484
@Mark NanKivell said:
What are your views?

I can see it is very possible that we can win this year's Premiership!

I take no notice of the odds on the Betting Markets!

It is The Year Of The Tiger, and The Tigers have the ability to take out this year's Premiership!

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Two weeks ago the 'ship was sinking fast', and now we can win the comp?

I'd hate to watch you on cup day. :laughing:
 
Top